Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

GTA5 Screenshots

The Rockstar Games Website answers some reader-submitted questions, mostly focused on Max Payne 3, the new third-person shooter sequel. A question near the end asks about Grand Theft Auto V, and inquiry that's rewarded with a pair of screenshots. There is also an answer that reassures us that the ability to fly planes will return in the next installment in the open-world action series.

View
17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

17. Re: GTA5 Screenshots Jul 15, 2012, 02:25 Jerykk

DangerDog wrote on Jul 12, 2012, 14:18:
I really hope they dump Games for Windows Live for the PC version.

They didn't use GFWL for LA Noire so hopefully that means they won't use it for GTA5. Of course, WB didn't use GFWL for FEAR3 but then used it for Arkham City and Gotham City Impostors so who knows?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

16. Re: GTA5 Screenshots Jul 12, 2012, 21:39 xXBatmanXx

Wow.....going to need a new computer!

In fact, going to go grab some food and jump into GTA Gay Tony....

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

15. Re: GTA5 Screenshots Jul 12, 2012, 16:48 The Magician

If they do planes, they'd better have better controls than the last time, and they'd better teach you how to use them earlier in the game than throwing you into a mission that if you can't master them, you'll never get any farther.

Screw GTA SA, I only made it through that mandatory flight mission on sheer luck on about my 50th time through it.

I've never made it through GTAIV because the combat controls are terrible. And the game is freaking boring as hell, when you have to go on dates and deal with your clingy cousin and bullcrap like that. LAME.

14. Re: GTA5 Screenshots Jul 12, 2012, 15:52 Beamer

Sepharo wrote on Jul 12, 2012, 13:42:
nin wrote on Jul 12, 2012, 13:37:
I hated the territory system in SA...

I thought I liked it until I grabbed all the territory only to realize the next main mission was going to take it all away from me and I'd have to do it again later.

That was the moment I quit the game. I hated how slow every menu loaded. I hated that you had to work out (which was pressing X a thousand times while watching your dude on a treadmill.) I hated the dating minigames. I hated the aiming. I hated that you could only do certain things while fit or fat, both of which were very time consuming due to either needing to work out (press X!) or eat (wait 30 seconds for each page of a menu to load!)

But what made me quit was being told I needed 50% of the territory of area 1 to continue, fighting to get 100% thinking I'd have more income for it, then having Samuel L. Jackson throw me in a new territory, making me lose all of the old territory I fought for.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

13. Re: GTA5 Screenshots Jul 12, 2012, 15:43 Yosemite Sam

"Fear not, they are returning in what is our biggest open world game to date."

Bigger then RDR or SA, sweet.

PSN id PR345, PST - D3, GTA5, Borderlands 2, Grid 2, GTA4, BoS, RDR, GT5, COD WaW, KZ2, RAGE, Dirt2, MC LA, Skate2, LBP, Dead Nation - Wanna jam? Hit me up on PSN, Mention Blues News.

CIV4 MOD http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=326525

12. Re: GTA5 Screenshots Jul 12, 2012, 14:18 DangerDog

I really hope they dump Games for Windows Live for the PC version.  

11. Re: GTA5 Screenshots Jul 12, 2012, 13:47 nin

Sepharo wrote on Jul 12, 2012, 13:42:

I thought I liked it until I grabbed all the territory only to realize the next main mission was going to take it all away from me and I'd have to do it again later.

Exactly...I don't mind fighting for an area once. But taking it away or making you fight for it again? No thanks...

And I might be in the minority, but I liked in SA how you could change your characters appearance, based on diet or food...

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

10. Re: GTA5 Screenshots Jul 12, 2012, 13:42 Sepharo

9. Re: GTA5 Screenshots Jul 12, 2012, 13:37 nin

WarpCrow wrote on Jul 12, 2012, 12:56:
I felt like GTA4 went a few steps backwards in terms of fun factor. I got tired of being a millionaire with nothing to spend the money on but hot dogs and ammo. You don't have to go completely over the top like Saints Row, but at least give me something like permanent upgrades, properties and/or a territory system again.

8. Re: GTA5 Screenshots Jul 12, 2012, 13:09 Verno

WarpCrow wrote on Jul 12, 2012, 12:56:
I felt like GTA4 went a few steps backwards in terms of fun factor. I got tired of being a millionaire with nothing to spend the money on but hot dogs and ammo. You don't have to go completely over the top like Saints Row, but at least give me something like permanent upgrades, properties and/or a territory system again.

Agreed. I really liked GTA4 but it has a lot of iffy design choices in the name of "realism". I think Saints Row 3 goes almost too far in over the top nonsense but at the same time many parts of GTA4 felt like a chore. I hope they give the control scheme stuff to someone new internally, the GTA games and even RDR have always had funky controls.

Anyway the screenshots look very cinematic and nifty, just hope that the gameplay is a bit more oriented around enjoyment as opposed to realism.

Playing: Divinity Original Sin, Destiny, Fire Emblem
Watching: Continuum, Star Trek TNG, Haunt

7. Re: GTA5 Screenshots Jul 12, 2012, 12:56 WarpCrow

6. Re: GTA5 Screenshots Jul 12, 2012, 12:31 KTR

R* is notoriously known to release bullshots. I am surprised that them didn't clean this images up. Props to them. Pretty sure the game will still look great in motion.  

5. Re: GTA5 Screenshots Jul 12, 2012, 12:10 Creston

YES, PLANES!

Nothing quite like taking a Learjet and trying to fly under little countryside bridges. (note: don't try this at home.)

I honestly can't think of a game due to come out Soon(tm) that I'm more excited for than GTA5.

Creston

4. Re: GTA5 Screenshots Jul 12, 2012, 11:57 Techie714

Max Payne 3 had some of the best graphics I've ever seen in a game. Is GTA V not using that same engine? The physics were awesome too!  

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

3. Re: GTA5 Screenshots Jul 12, 2012, 11:55 theyarecomingforyou

Are we supposed to be impressed? Looks just like GTAIV. Low resolution textures, obvious aliasing on edges, low polygon models, etc. I'd much rather see a Mafia III.

The only positive thing is that they apparently did a decent job of the port with May Payne 3, so GTAV may end up slightly better than the abortion of a port that was GTAIV on PC. But they're going to have to do a lot to win me back, as it wasn't just the port that annoyed me - the gameplay got a bit tedious, especially the mission/save structure. And GFWL caused me to lose my saves due to corruption.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

2. Re: GTA5 Screenshots Jul 12, 2012, 11:54 Cutter

Obviously we'll be playing it but the graphics are just so dated. They really need to start taking advantage of the PC and forget the consoles.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

1. Re: GTA5 Screenshots Jul 12, 2012, 10:37 nin

oh god! oh god! gimmie!!!!!!!!

17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo