Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Hard Reset Free DLC

Steam now offers Hard Reset: Exile, new DLC that is free for owners of Hard Reset Extended Edition, Flying Wild Hog's first-person shooter. Word is: "Follow Major Fletcher into the Barrens - dangerous lands beyond the last human city of Bezoar, where our hero will meet new foes and make new friends. Get ready for more machine madness!" Here's a feature list for the DLC:

• Five new levels outside Bezoar
  • Four new enemy types
  • New boss fight
  • Two new survival maps
  • Additional achievements

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: Hard Reset Free DLC Jul 12, 2012, 16:25 Prez

I don't know why, but after downloading the update Steam went ahead and re-downloaded the whole damn game. At least it seems that way - it downloaded 4.5 GB while I was sleeping.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: Hard Reset Free DLC Jul 12, 2012, 12:12 Slashman

Elessar wrote on Jul 12, 2012, 12:02:
Viper114 wrote on Jul 12, 2012, 00:06:
It's actually free entirely for current Hard Reset owners. I bought Hard Reset during the Christmas sale last year to get the achievement for it, and then beat it and forgot about it. But I'm going to reinstall now to try this DLC out.
How did you like the original game? I was considering picking this up next time it went on sale.

With the Extended Edition DLC plus the free arena modes and other updates that they added after release, I can confidently say that it is a very worthwhile game.

It's not a tactical shooter and it plays like a more intense version of Serious Sam BFE(with much cooler weapons IMO).

People complained that the variety of enemies was insufficient, but I thought that the game did a good job of making encounters intense no matter what you were facing by having enemies that were either too numerous or too tough to simply gun down without using the environment and or maneuvering with some forethought.

YMMV but Flying Wild Hog did a great job on this game and I'd like to see what they could do with a bit more funding and larger staff compliment.

7. Re: Hard Reset Free DLC Jul 12, 2012, 12:02 Elessar

Viper114 wrote on Jul 12, 2012, 00:06:
It's actually free entirely for current Hard Reset owners. I bought Hard Reset during the Christmas sale last year to get the achievement for it, and then beat it and forgot about it. But I'm going to reinstall now to try this DLC out.
How did you like the original game? I was considering picking this up next time it went on sale.

"You don't get what you deserve, you get what you get."

6. Re: Hard Reset Free DLC Jul 12, 2012, 09:09 Prez

I never bought anything but the original game at release, but my Steam library shows I own the "extended edition" and downloaded the new content automatically.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

5. Re: Hard Reset Free DLC Jul 12, 2012, 09:01 Mad Max RW

I can confirm it automatically updated my Steam version which I bought at the game's initial release. To play the new DLC you have to chose New Game and a window will popup with a few options for the regular campaign, exile dlc, and survival mode.

It's been a while since I last played, but damn they made one beautiful looking game. Such a good engine with great art design. And it runs flawlessly.

4. Re: Hard Reset Free DLC Jul 12, 2012, 08:52 nin

coldcut wrote on Jul 12, 2012, 08:27:
nin wrote on Jul 11, 2012, 23:01:
new DLC that is free for owners of Hard Reset Extended Edition

If I'm understanding it right, the DLC is for the original steam version, and bumps the game up to the Extended Edition version.
Are you sure? I got the game on Steam, but has it automatically been upgraded to the extended edition? I don't think so, at least I didn't notice anything like that.

Got to try it out when I come home, but I doubt I got the extended edition.

Maybe not. I somehow just got regular hard reset page to show up in a browser, but it's $5 more than the Extended Edition, @ $15.

I have no idea what they're doing, now...

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

3. Re: Hard Reset Free DLC Jul 12, 2012, 08:27 coldcut

nin wrote on Jul 11, 2012, 23:01:

If I'm understanding it right, the DLC is for the original steam version, and bumps the game up to the Extended Edition version.
Are you sure? I got the game on Steam, but has it automatically been upgraded to the extended edition? I don't think so, at least I didn't notice anything like that.

Got to try it out when I come home, but I doubt I got the extended edition.

2. Re: Hard Reset Free DLC Jul 12, 2012, 00:06 Viper114

1. Re: Hard Reset Free DLC Jul 11, 2012, 23:01 nin

Nice that it's free. Have to grab that during the sale...

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo