Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

The Witcher Hits 4M Sold

CD Projekt RED announces that The Witcher franchise has now sold over four million copies across all platforms between The Witcher and The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings. "Iím still amazed with the result we have achieved with The Witcher franchise," said Adam Badowski, head of CD Projekt RED studio. "Many gamers on many platforms have been drawn to the vivid and complex world we have created. In the gaming world summer means a lot of great, hot deals. So if you still donít own the game look out for both retail and digital special offers. 'The Witcher' and 'The Witcher 2' are great, robust RPGs, that every true gamer should own."

View
11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

11. Re: The Witcher Hits 4M Sold Jul 12, 2012, 10:08 mch

I was finally making some progress and trying to finish it when I hit a part that repeatedly crashes  
PSN: CaseDesignate
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: The Witcher Hits 4M Sold Jul 12, 2012, 02:49 Wildone

So its a failure then. Time to close the studios.  

9. Re: The Witcher Hits 4M Sold Jul 12, 2012, 01:50 eunichron

Jerykk wrote on Jul 12, 2012, 01:39:
VGChartz is not a reliable source at all. They pull numbers out of their ass without citing any sources.

That said, it wouldn't surprise me if the Xbox version didn't sell very well. Nine times out of ten, a delayed port will not sell well, regardless of platform. This is why Ubisoft is retarded for delaying all their PC ports. This is also why CD Projekt's future games will be launched simultaneously on all platforms.

That and the Witcher series still seems to be kind of niche. I still find PC players who haven't even heard of it. Compared to other series, TES being the first one that pops into my head, it just doesn't have the name recognition.

Still great to hear they're doing well though, they're doing awesome things all across the board and are really pulling no punches with support for PC players.

8. Re: The Witcher Hits 4M Sold Jul 12, 2012, 01:39 Jerykk

VGChartz is not a reliable source at all. They pull numbers out of their ass without citing any sources.

That said, it wouldn't surprise me if the Xbox version didn't sell very well. Nine times out of ten, a delayed port will not sell well, regardless of platform. This is why Ubisoft is retarded for delaying all their PC ports. This is also why CD Projekt's future games will be launched simultaneously on all platforms.

7. Re: The Witcher Hits 4M Sold Jul 12, 2012, 00:47 dheer

Hornet303 wrote on Jul 11, 2012, 23:34:
Not that its rock solid, but perhaps a decent guess at the console version of sales

http://www.vgchartz.com/game/46887/the-witcher-2-assassins-of-kings/
Yikes. With some of the shit that seems to sell decently on consoles, I would have thought that getting a game of this quality would have sold better than this. Is it the 2 in the title without the first being on consoles? Is it they hold a grudge that they didn't get it first instead of PC? Sigh.

All that wasted development time and resources. Just sad.

Anyway, I love the series and am looking forward to Cyberpunk and Witcher 3.

I wonder if he reads them, or if it's just for show.

6. Re: The Witcher Hits 4M Sold Jul 12, 2012, 00:10 Techie714 ©

Viper114 wrote on Jul 12, 2012, 00:08:
The Witcher series is great, and I loved both 1 and 2 (even if playing 1 now feels a bit dated mechanically...). I'm eager to see what happens in 3, and hope Cyberpunk does well.

What he said!

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

5. Re: The Witcher Hits 4M Sold Jul 12, 2012, 00:08 Viper114

The Witcher series is great, and I loved both 1 and 2 (even if playing 1 now feels a bit dated mechanically...). I'm eager to see what happens in 3, and hope Cyberpunk does well.  

4. Re: The Witcher Hits 4M Sold Jul 11, 2012, 23:51 NegaDeath

Good for them, I enjoyed my copies.  

3. Re: The Witcher Hits 4M Sold Jul 11, 2012, 23:34 Hornet303

Not that its rock solid, but perhaps a decent guess at the console version of sales

http://www.vgchartz.com/game/46887/the-witcher-2-assassins-of-kings/

2. Re: The Witcher Hits 4M Sold Jul 11, 2012, 23:19 Jerykk

I wonder how many Xbox copies have been sold thus far.  

1. Re: The Witcher Hits 4M Sold Jul 11, 2012, 23:02 nin

Congrats to CDP, but between both games (and a console version of W2 thrown in), I thought it would have been higher.

At any rate, really looking forward to Cyberpunk...

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo