Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

EA Shakeup Rumor

GameFront reports a rumor that John Riccitiello may be asked to step down as EA CEO soon after the company's July 30th earnings call, to be replaced by Peter Moore, currently EA COO. They say their anonymous source indicates that this still needs to be voted on, and is not set in stone, but that there is a general feeling of tension at the company amid falling share prices. Just yesterday GamesIndustry International noted comments from Wedbush Securities analyst Michael Pachter saying that Riccitiello is worried about getting fired, which Pachter later clarified as "kidding." Thanks Joao and VG247.

View
31 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

31. Re: EA Shakeup Rumor Jul 12, 2012, 11:40 Mashiki Amiketo

CJ_Parker wrote on Jul 12, 2012, 07:04:
The last time? You mean the last time they dumped their CEO the stock plummeted? Really? Funny. In my universe Riccitiello has been the CEO of EA for several years now.
No the last time he opened his mouth about 5months ago, the stock plummeted. You might want to dust off your web browser and go take a look at that $7.50 dump.

--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

30. Re: EA Shakeup Rumor Jul 12, 2012, 07:04 CJ_Parker

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Jul 11, 2012, 22:55:
CJ_Parker wrote on Jul 11, 2012, 21:08:
What? If investors do actually believe that Riccitiello is at fault for the falling share prices then EA's stock will rise tomorrow, not fall.
That didn't happen the last time. The last time the stock price dumped nearly $3 over a 2mo period, and is down nearly $7 in a 4mo period. Check the market yourself, infact check yesterdays trades, there was plenty of heavy selling with some late day buying of EA stocks up 0.09% in anticipation of tomorrows early buys and later selling.

The last time? You mean the last time they dumped their CEO the stock plummeted? Really? Funny. In my universe Riccitiello has been the CEO of EA for several years now.

29. Re: EA Shakeup Rumor Jul 12, 2012, 03:38 Devinoch

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Jul 11, 2012, 20:38:
Sounds like "whoops moment." Watch for a market dump tomorrow.

What? If investors do actually believe that Riccitiello is at fault for the falling share prices then EA's stock will rise tomorrow, not fall. The stock market is all about expectations, rumors, potentials and what-if shit. Why the hell would there be a "dump" tomorrow? There will only be a dump if the general sentiment out there is that Moore will suck harder than Riccitiello.
And depending on the circumstances Pachter could be in pretty deep shit because leaking inside knowledge that might either positively or negatively affect the share prices usually ends in legal action against the source of the leak.

Pachter is an incompetent jackass, and people still keep talking to this guy... why exactly? Seriously, go back and look at his "predictions" and you'll see he's pretty much like any other analyst... wrong a whole hell of a lot of the time. But he's also against game developers unionizing, and frankly, if there's any industry that SHOULD unionize, it's the gaming industry. And yet this stuffed shirt analyst thinks people who make games are paid too much money? Tell you, Mike... I'll take what you make in a year, and you take what I make, and we'll see how it works out for both of us...

28. Re: EA Shakeup Rumor Jul 11, 2012, 22:55 Mashiki Amiketo

What? If investors do actually believe that Riccitiello is at fault for the falling share prices then EA's stock will rise tomorrow, not fall.
That didn't happen the last time. The last time the stock price dumped nearly $3 over a 2mo period, and is down nearly $7 in a 4mo period. Check the market yourself, infact check yesterdays trades, there was plenty of heavy selling with some late day buying of EA stocks up 0.09% in anticipation of tomorrows early buys and later selling.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

27. Re: EA Shakeup Rumor Jul 11, 2012, 22:19 Silicon Avatar

I guess if you're rich enough you can hire people to make you look good even after you're fired.

26. Re: EA Shakeup Rumor Jul 11, 2012, 21:54 Mr. Tact

Poor guy will probably only get $10m in his separation package -- before signing on as an exec. at some other company.  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

25. Re: EA Shakeup Rumor Jul 11, 2012, 21:49 Beamer

Moore, at least, comes from the industry.  
-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

24. Re: EA Shakeup Rumor Jul 11, 2012, 21:37 Dades

RailWizard wrote on Jul 11, 2012, 20:28:
"Live within your means." does not seem to apply to the corporate video game world any longer.

Apparently not. That's Times Square, you might as well piss money away advertising there. I wonder how much that one cost them.

23. Re: EA Shakeup Rumor Jul 11, 2012, 21:08 CJ_Parker

What? If investors do actually believe that Riccitiello is at fault for the falling share prices then EA's stock will rise tomorrow, not fall. The stock market is all about expectations, rumors, potentials and what-if shit. Why the hell would there be a "dump" tomorrow? There will only be a dump if the general sentiment out there is that Moore will suck harder than Riccitiello.
And depending on the circumstances Pachter could be in pretty deep shit because leaking inside knowledge that might either positively or negatively affect the share prices usually ends in legal action against the source of the leak.

22. Re: EA Shakeup Rumor Jul 11, 2012, 21:00 Mashiki Amiketo

ASeven wrote on Jul 11, 2012, 20:50:
Even rumors like these can have serious repercussions. Should be fun watching EA stock tomorrow.
Yep. I did say about 6mo ago that it would be about time to snag some EA stock, should it tank, and the EA CEO go, it would be a good time to pick up some shares, if they're low enough.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

21. Re: EA Shakeup Rumor Jul 11, 2012, 20:50 ASeven

Even rumors like these can have serious repercussions. Should be fun watching EA stock tomorrow.

20. Re: EA Shakeup Rumor Jul 11, 2012, 20:38 Mashiki Amiketo

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

19. Re: EA Shakeup Rumor Jul 11, 2012, 20:28 RailWizard

"Live within your means." does not seem to apply to the corporate video game world any longer.

18. Re: EA Shakeup Rumor Jul 11, 2012, 20:28 ASeven

killer_roach wrote on Jul 11, 2012, 20:03:
ASeven wrote on Jul 11, 2012, 19:59:
After this something tells me that Pachter will start to hear a lot less insider info from EA. Not to mention he made a cardinal sin for an analyst by saying that, he knows markets react wildly to even the slightest of rumor let alone leaking out a personal discussion with a potential for tremendous repercussions.

Holy crap Pachter, not only you're an unreliable, manipulative son of a bitch you're also a fucking incompetent by being the vehicle of this leak. Why Ricitiello didn't fire him on the spot after learning of a private talk getting public by means of the own analyst EA hires is beyond me. Serious ethical breach here and also a serious professional breach as well.

Pachter doesn't work for EA, although it's very likely that he burned some bridges there. Then again, if it is Moore that takes over, that might be water under the bridge, as I don't think he'd be particularly upset that a loose-lipped analyst forced EA's hand in dumping Riccitiello.

Pachter is their consultant, I believe, at least he mentions EA in his client portfolio, hence he could very well be fired. However I agree with you, if Moore becomes CEO Pachter will be in the good graces of EA again. I also agree with some here, Moore won't make much of a difference at this point, he'll probably run EA as it was ran up to now.

17. Re: EA Shakeup Rumor Jul 11, 2012, 20:20 Prez

I'm thinking EA will need a helluva lot more "shaking up" before they stop being a company of clueless passionless suits who destroy creativity and treat their customers like dirt.  

Goodbye my Monte boy. May you rest in the peace you never knew in life.

16. Re: EA Shakeup Rumor Jul 11, 2012, 20:17 Dev

killer_roach wrote on Jul 11, 2012, 20:04:
deqer wrote on Jul 11, 2012, 20:03:
Ya... it's the CEO's fault. ya... /sarcasm

The old rule of thumb... you hire a CEO for the purposes of firing them later.
And the CEO will get a multi million severance package reward and just move to another company as another CEO.

15. Re: EA Shakeup Rumor Jul 11, 2012, 20:14 nin

DangerDog wrote on Jul 11, 2012, 20:05:
Doubt Peter Moore would be better at running EA into the ground.

You mean not running them into the ground? Cause I think they've got the ruin part down...

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

14. Re: EA Shakeup Rumor Jul 11, 2012, 20:05 DangerDog

Doubt Peter Moore would be better at running EA into the ground.

13. Re: EA Shakeup Rumor Jul 11, 2012, 20:04 killer_roach

deqer wrote on Jul 11, 2012, 20:03:

The old rule of thumb... you hire a CEO for the purposes of firing them later.

12. Re: EA Shakeup Rumor Jul 11, 2012, 20:03 deqer

31 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo