Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Vivendi Seeking Activision Buyers

There's more on recent rumors that Vivendi SA is considering selling off its stake in Activision Blizzard on Reuters, where they say that the French telecom giant had decided it will divest itself of the gaming unit. The report indicates that they are gauging interest from those with suitably deep pocketbooks: "Although a formal process has not started, bankers close to Vivendi are sounding out cash-rich trade players, including China's Tencent and U.S. duo Time Warner and Microsoft, as well as private-equity heavyweights KKR, Providence and Blackstone, banking sources said." Reuters got no comment responses about this from Microsoft and Time Warner. Thanks VG247.

View
85 Replies. 5 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

5. Re: Vivendi Seeking Activision Buyers Jul 11, 2012, 11:29 Jerykk

Trevellian wrote on Jul 11, 2012, 10:54:
Something tells me Microsoft would do it just to make COD an Xbox exclusive. It's the only thing they could do to compete with Sony at this point. I stopped buying 360 games years ago when I realized all Microsoft still had was Halo and Gears.

This. MS already pays a hefty amount of money for timed CoD DLC exclusivity. If they have a chance to make CoD entirely exclusive to Xbox, I can't see them not doing it.

Of course, Activision would have to drop their other licenses, like Spider-Man and Transformers, because I seriously doubt that the license-owners would want those games to be Xbox exclusive.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

4. Re: Vivendi Seeking Activision Buyers Jul 11, 2012, 11:22 Bosanac

I don't get it.. Blizzard is a cash cow.. COD is a cash cow. Why call it liability?  
If you kill them, they will die!

3. Re: Vivendi Seeking Activision Buyers Jul 11, 2012, 11:02 RailWizard

I offer TWO DOLLHAIRS and a squirt of peepee.  

2. Re: Vivendi Seeking Activision Buyers Jul 11, 2012, 11:02 ASeven

I am paraphrasing what Moody told Vivendi about this:

"Moodyís Investors Service and Fitch Ratings warned Vivendi this past week that its debt ratings could be threatened if it doesnít reduce liabilities. Fourtou on June 28 ousted Chief Executive Officer Jean-Bernard Levy, who had resisted major changes in Vivendiís structure.

A shifting market for video games may limit Activisionís attraction to buyers."

Moody finds Activision a liability, and if they find the most financial solid publisher in gaming a liability they find the whole market a liability.

Even Moody knows what's coming.

1. Re: Vivendi Seeking Activision Buyers Jul 11, 2012, 10:54 Trevellian

Something tells me Microsoft would do it just to make COD an Xbox exclusive. It's the only thing they could do to compete with Sony at this point. I stopped buying 360 games years ago when I realized all Microsoft still had was Halo and Gears.  

For the Republic
-C22 Waterson of Planetside 2/Tahyang in ArcheAge

85 Replies. 5 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo