Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

PlanetSide 2 Beta Nears

PlanetSide Command Center -- Episode 1 is a new video offering a look at PlanetSide 2, SOE's upcoming MMOFPS sequel through the words of its developers, saying: "Check out the first episode of PlanetSide Command Center to get intel on all things PlanetSide straight from the Development Team" (thanks Cutter and Matthew). This includes word on when beta testing will begin, saying they will be opening it up within the next month to some of their "hardcore" players and that the "technical test" they are planning should get underway soon as well.

View
32 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

32. Re: PlanetSide 2 Beta Nears Jul 12, 2012, 18:34 Wowbagger_TIP

Sepharo wrote on Jul 12, 2012, 14:14:
Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Jul 12, 2012, 14:05:
Wow... I finally got a key! Just had to bug them some more this morning. Guilting them for making me join Twitter seemed to work

I've sent 5 now starting last night and continuing today. Still nothing.

Took me 8 total to get the key. Keep trying!

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

31. Re: PlanetSide 2 Beta Nears Jul 12, 2012, 14:14 Sepharo

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Jul 12, 2012, 14:05:
Wow... I finally got a key! Just had to bug them some more this morning. Guilting them for making me join Twitter seemed to work

I've sent 5 now starting last night and continuing today. Still nothing.

30. Re: PlanetSide 2 Beta Nears Jul 12, 2012, 14:05 Wowbagger_TIP

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

29. Re: PlanetSide 2 Beta Nears Jul 11, 2012, 23:20 space captain

but the feathered 70s look is so in  
Go forth, and kill!

28. Re: PlanetSide 2 Beta Nears Jul 11, 2012, 22:41 [VG]Reagle

Word is Beta on Monday and Technical test starting on Friday.

I have an inside source. Not too mention Higby is getting his hair cut.

I am MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH better now.

27. Re: PlanetSide 2 Beta Nears Jul 11, 2012, 21:23 Cutter

[VG]Reagle wrote on Jul 11, 2012, 20:07:

I doubt it seeing as they just stated it would be within a month. It would be nice but I'm thinking Aug. 1st.

You sound like a scuz bucket VS chod muncher.

Fucking lol! Ok, now that was funny! Death to the smurfs and purple people eaters!

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

26. Re: PlanetSide 2 Beta Nears Jul 11, 2012, 21:06 [VG]Reagle

You sound like a scuz bucket VS chod muncher.  

25. Re: PlanetSide 2 Beta Nears Jul 11, 2012, 20:58 Veterator

PS1 has the infiltrator armor...which the class is based on. Although with the suit you couldn't handle sniper rifles, just pistols, grenades, etc.

And your cloak was infinite.

PS2 one of the videos said the cloak is "for a short while", so apparently it may be limited in PS2.

Stealthing in PS1 was pretty ho hum IMO. You died very easy, knife took a number of hits to kill anyone, pistol is only deadly if you use the specialized ones with unload abilities. Hacking went pretty well with it, but overall you needed a lot of other unlocks to make infiltration even remotely fun in comparison to other options. And then you were easily killed since all your weapons were in your face type weapons.

Without skiing and jetpack like in TA, you'd still be pretty screwed up close as an infiltrator if they are as weak as they were in PS1...no armor and weak weapons.

PS1 fights are fun sometimes, but it was designed on an older premise that MMOs went by back then...where everything should take a long time. You have to wait to switch factions (12 hours), you had to wait 6 hours to drop certs if you didn't like something, the whole idea of ANTs...going back for the free weekend I was like shocked at how f-in annoying needing ANTs was....and how making sure you weren't the tenth guy to go get one was extremely difficult with how they butchered communication access.

Plus, people still friggin cheat in PS1...things to reduce cone of fire (really makes a difference for TR chaingun), invisible vehicles when they shouldn't be invisible, invincible vehicles...tanks that you can't kill period.

And lag, PS1 has tons of lag. Partly due to server being unable to handle the influx, partly because the game was designed to be over dialup so it doesn't update the client often enough to make people not warp all over the place or vanish completely at times.

If they keep the combat similar and re-work some of those issues this game could look like PS1 visually and I really wouldn't care. After awhile graphics don't matter so much. People start turning things down or off to get the "edge".

24. Re: PlanetSide 2 Beta Nears Jul 11, 2012, 20:26 space captain

infiltrator power is same as tribes ascend, same name too.. seems funky  
Go forth, and kill!

23. Re: PlanetSide 2 Beta Nears Jul 11, 2012, 20:24 [VG]Reagle

As has been mentioned, Beta will not begin 24/7 due to the regular updates happening to the game. Once we have a large sampling of folks, you can be certain it will be up most of the time.

22. Re: PlanetSide 2 Beta Nears Jul 11, 2012, 20:07 [VG]Reagle

21. Re: PlanetSide 2 Beta Nears Jul 11, 2012, 19:26 SimplyMonk

Cutter wrote on Jul 11, 2012, 15:49:
Planetside shoes? Wth?!

Swag. It is what the kids want nowadays.

20. Re: PlanetSide 2 Beta Nears Jul 11, 2012, 19:19 Steele Johnson

Awesome! Can't wait!

This is the only mmo worth looking at in the foreseeable future. All the rest are still trying to be WoW clones. DOH!!

19. Re: PlanetSide 2 Beta Nears Jul 11, 2012, 18:29 Cutter

Trevellian wrote on Jul 11, 2012, 17:44:
Come on Cutter, the kicks look awesome, I give them the mad phat superfly stupid dope dumbass retarded bomb shit props. I do however want a TR T-Shirt super bad.

Lulz. Yeah, I'd like me a sweet TR shirt too. I have to see what these friggin shoes look like though.

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

18. Re: PlanetSide 2 Beta Nears Jul 11, 2012, 17:44 Trevellian

Cutter wrote on Jul 11, 2012, 15:49:
Grrrr, for any of you sonsofbitches that live in or near San Diego you can go to the SOE HQ tomorrow to play PS2 with the team and get free swag and pizza and stuff!

http://www.facebook.com/#!/events/457233094295915/

Join us on Friday and play PlanetSide 2 with SOE! We'll have stations set up where you can play the game, talk to our Dev team, get some Empire-themed dog tags & beta keys!

We'll be providing pizza and hosting drawings for the new PlanetSide t-shirts and shoes! Let us know if you are dropping by!

Planetside shoes? Wth?!

Come on Cutter, the kicks look awesome, I give them the mad phat superfly stupid dope dumbass retarded bomb shit props. I do however want a TR T-Shirt super bad.

For the Republic
-C22 Waterson of Planetside 2/Tahyang in ArcheAge

17. Re: PlanetSide 2 Beta Nears Jul 11, 2012, 17:24 Wowbagger_TIP

Verno wrote on Jul 11, 2012, 15:35:
Send them a bunch of tweets even, they will give you a key for "enthusiasm", I've seen it several times. For the notifications I just meant turn off the non-essentials so your phone/email doesn't get flooded with crap.
I've sent about 4 tweets so far... I guess I'll just keep trying every now and then until I can get one...

16. Re: PlanetSide 2 Beta Nears Jul 11, 2012, 16:45 DangerDog

I'll wait till it's a 24/7 beta, sounds like September or October with all the shows and parties they're doing.

15. Re: PlanetSide 2 Beta Nears Jul 11, 2012, 15:49 Cutter

Grrrr, for any of you sonsofbitches that live in or near San Diego you can go to the SOE HQ tomorrow to play PS2 with the team and get free swag and pizza and stuff!

http://www.facebook.com/#!/events/457233094295915/

Join us on Friday and play PlanetSide 2 with SOE! We'll have stations set up where you can play the game, talk to our Dev team, get some Empire-themed dog tags & beta keys!

We'll be providing pizza and hosting drawings for the new PlanetSide t-shirts and shoes! Let us know if you are dropping by!

Planetside shoes? Wth?!

14. Re: PlanetSide 2 Beta Nears Jul 11, 2012, 15:35 Verno

Twitter sucks for dealing with regular people IMHO but the thing I've found lately is that its the best way to get an answer from any company. I get faster answers via Twitter than I do with phone support, email or etc. Most of the time it's a knowledgeable human being who can actually help you in some way too. So I basically just use it as a direct line to stupid corporations who are otherwise a pain in the ass to communicate with.

Ok, I'm following them. Not sure what you mean by turning off all the notifications. I turned off some of the email notifications, and just left the "email me when" type of notifications on. Sent them a tweet... now I just wait I guess...

Send them a bunch of tweets even, they will give you a key for "enthusiasm", I've seen it several times. For the notifications I just meant turn off the non-essentials so your phone/email doesn't get flooded with crap.

Playing: Alien Isolation, 7 Days to Die, Dragon Age Origins
Watching: The Canal, Brazil, The Town That Dreaded Sundown

13. Re: PlanetSide 2 Beta Nears Jul 11, 2012, 15:15 Frags4Fun

I don't know how this twitter thing works. I signed up just to try for a key, but am not really sure have to request a key.

NVM, I got my key! Woot!

This comment was edited on Jul 11, 2012, 15:28.

32 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo