Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Halo 4 To Work on Surface Tablets

Microsoft exec Don Mattrick told attendees of the GameBeat 2012 conference that Halo 4 will work with Microsoft's recently announced Surface tablet. They say they were able to confirm Surface support for the upcoming first-person shooter sequel after the panel, but have no further details on how this will work at this time.

View
18. Re: Halo 4 To Work on Surface Tablets Jul 11, 2012, 11:20 kanniballl

Beamer wrote on Jul 11, 2012, 10:05:
Verno wrote on Jul 11, 2012, 09:45:
SpectralMeat wrote on Jul 11, 2012, 05:46:
This could be like what Ghost Recon did with the weapon customization on the tablet. You can customize your weapon and loadout on the tablet and it gets saved back in to the game. Halo also have that waypoint application on the 360 that shows you videos and news and stuff, maybe that will be available on the tablet.

That sounds like some of the most pointless tertiary game functionality I can think of. I don't like anything that takes me out of a game.

Rephrase that for me to "I don't like anything that makes me look away from the game."

Yeah, I can manage my inventory on a tablet, great. I'd rather pause the game (which mentally takes me out of it, I suppose) and go into an inventory screen than take my eyes off of it.

People have argued this with me about the WiiU, but I can't think of a single time I want a second screen in a game, the exception being multiplayer on-the-couch things like picking plays in the Dreamcast NFL game, but those instances are so few and far between...

I agree for some of that.

But I might not mind using an iPad or something for inventory management or something... especially of the game is more or less paused anyway (or I'm hiding in a corner) . The touch-screen interface makes it easier to use than the XBox360 controller to do anything advanced.

It's not too immersion-breaking since I doubt your TV is so huge that you never even see the edges of it or the TV stand/cabinet. Or look away to see what the dog wants, or who's calling on your cell, or whatever.

That being said, I'd ONLY want it for something like a detailed map or inventory management where the game is stopped or I can risk looking away. Anything more than that, or anything that would require me checking it constantly, would stink.

"Oh no, I have to switch grenades in a hair-ball fire fight. Let me scroll scroll sticky select... oh I died 2 minutes ago and some douche is t-bagging me"

-

"Space. It seems to go on and on forever. But then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you."
-Fry, Futurama
Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Jul 10, 20:56 Re: Halo 4 To Work on Surface Tablets eRe4s3r
  2. Jul 10, 21:00  Re: Halo 4 To Work on Surface Tablets CJ_Parker
  6. Jul 10, 21:33  Re: Halo 4 To Work on Surface Tablets born2expire
  9. Jul 10, 22:00   Re: Halo 4 To Work on Surface Tablets Beamer
  11. Jul 10, 23:29    Re: Halo 4 To Work on Surface Tablets Parallax Abstraction
  14. Jul 11, 07:28     Re: Halo 4 To Work on Surface Tablets Beamer
  21. Jul 11, 20:23   Re: Halo 4 To Work on Surface Tablets ColoradoHoudini
  3. Jul 10, 21:07 Re: Halo 4 To Work on Surface Tablets Bet
  5. Jul 10, 21:17  Re: Halo 4 To Work on Surface Tablets nin
  7. Jul 10, 21:58  Re: Halo 4 To Work on Surface Tablets Kevin Lowe
  10. Jul 10, 22:06   Re: Halo 4 To Work on Surface Tablets theyarecomingforyou
  4. Jul 10, 21:14 Re: Halo 4 To Work on Surface Tablets theyarecomingforyou
  17. Jul 11, 11:17  Re: Halo 4 To Work on Surface Tablets kanniballl
  8. Jul 10, 22:00 Re: Halo 4 To Work on Surface Tablets ViRGE
  12. Jul 11, 00:28 Re: Halo 4 To Work on Surface Tablets jdreyer
  13. Jul 11, 05:46  Re: Halo 4 To Work on Surface Tablets SpectralMeat
  15. Jul 11, 09:45   Re: Halo 4 To Work on Surface Tablets Verno
  16. Jul 11, 10:05    Re: Halo 4 To Work on Surface Tablets Beamer
>> 18. Jul 11, 11:20     Re: Halo 4 To Work on Surface Tablets kanniballl
  19. Jul 11, 12:00      Re: Halo 4 To Work on Surface Tablets Beamer
  22. Jul 12, 16:39       Re: Halo 4 To Work on Surface Tablets Animals for Crackers
  23. Jul 12, 16:49        Re: Halo 4 To Work on Surface Tablets Beamer
  24. Jul 13, 07:34         Re: Halo 4 To Work on Surface Tablets Animals for Crackers
  25. Jul 13, 08:41          Re: Halo 4 To Work on Surface Tablets Beamer
  20. Jul 11, 12:56      Re: Halo 4 To Work on Surface Tablets Verno

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo