Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Diablo III Patched

The Diablo III Website announces a new automatic patch is now available for Diablo III to update Blizzard's action/RPG sequel to version 1.0.3.b. This is for the Americas, and users are warned this will interfere with cross-region play until all territories are in sync. Here are the patch notes:

Auction House

• Bug Fixes
    • The "Bid" and "Buyout" buttons will now be correctly grayed-out in the confirmation window when attempting to purchase an item with insufficient gold

Bug Fixes

• General
    • Fixed a bug where leaving a heavily-populated General chat channel would prevent players from rejoining any General chat channel until they logged out and logged back in
    • Fixed several tooltip-related bugs that were occurring when viewing items with 2 or more sockets in the auction house and profile pages
    • Fixed a rare crash with tutorials on item pickup

View
64 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

24. Re: Diablo III Patched Jul 10, 2012, 16:38 Muscular Beaver

Hornet303 wrote on Jul 10, 2012, 14:30:
Anyway, it just bums me out that the PC scene is so angry all the time. Its like seeing a spokesman for a certain group on TV representing your group. I just keep saying to myself "we're not all that bad, some people are content".

I agree. It bums me a lot too. Sometimes I wish I was still as naive and blind as 20 years ago. It really was nice not having to pay directly for games. You can enjoy life better that way.

Oh that is so lame... You will PAY for your use of inappropriate dialogue!
- Mojo Jojo
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

23. Re: Diablo III Patched Jul 10, 2012, 16:27 Cram

Wallshadows wrote on Jul 10, 2012, 15:52:
I got 300 hours out of the game and made enough off the RMAH to say it was a free game and then some so it has served its purpose.

It's simply less than I was hoping for in terms of longevity compared to my past experience with Diablo II.

Echo this almost exactly, substitute 300hrs for 200hrs. Had my fun, now it is no longer fun and have been fortunate enough to sell off a good portion of my DH gear to put towards my credit card. Will grab the expansion in the future and start over.

22. Re: Diablo III Patched Jul 10, 2012, 16:26 Undocumented Alien

That's the thing, this ISN'T in the vein of Diablo 1 OR 2. It's a shell of it's former self, sold as a quasi-mmo with Activision money grubbing all over it in the form of the Real Money Auction House.

This ^^^^

Having played D3 a bit (on my friends account), it's Diablo'ish, but feels like a SP MMO game with all the fucking stupid cool-down timers for the skills and potions. And there IS rubber banding even with an all green ping bar. I've been walking along, then get teleported back 10 feet... it's awesome, good thing for that online DRM. I find the loot drops to be pretty boring compared to D1/2, but thats part of the business plan for D3 anyways, cool stuff on RMAH.

To give the game a couple of props, the rag doll physics with the barbarian smashing MOBS 20 feet in the air and landing on houses and trees is a good time and the scenery looks very cool most of the time.

Overall I think the money grabbing business plan (RMAH) and WoW'ing of D3 drops it down quite a bit. Part of the fun of D1 and D2 was going app shit on Mobs and finding cool loot. I think both of these "features" are missing with D3. I would give it a 7/10 on a review, not bad, just an average game, doesn't hold up to D1 or D2, feels like a sort of similar clone.

21. Re: Diablo III Patched Jul 10, 2012, 16:23 jacobvandy

Lol, I've been enjoying the game overall, but here's yet another example of Blizzard choosing the oddest freaking little things to focus on: We've recently seen a lot of questions from players regarding the number displayed in the Public Games window...

Yeah, let's address THAT rather than any of the dozens of bone-headed decisions or broken promises that people are complaining about all over your forums.

20. Re: Diablo III Patched Jul 10, 2012, 15:52 Wallshadows

I got 300 hours out of the game and made enough off the RMAH to say it was a free game and then some so it has served its purpose.

It's simply less than I was hoping for in terms of longevity compared to my past experience with Diablo II.

19. Re: Diablo III Patched Jul 10, 2012, 15:47 The Half Elf

1AngryGamer wrote on Jul 10, 2012, 14:15:
Ah yes, because Blizzard makes such shoddy games. Im sure your right, this game is garbage. I mean its not like Blizzard didnt refine and change the entire genre with Diablo 1 back over 12 years ago.

That's the thing, this ISN'T in the vein of Diablo 1 OR 2. It's a shell of it's former self, sold as a quasi-mmo with Activision money grubbing all over it in the form of the Real Money Auction House.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

18. Re: Diablo III Patched Jul 10, 2012, 15:47 Frijoles

I felt it matched D2. A bit too much, since it felt like I was playing D2. But I still enjoyed it. I think I'm around 50 - 60 hours of gameplay, so I got my money worth.  

17. Re: Diablo III Patched Jul 10, 2012, 15:46 Wowbagger_TIP

eunichron wrote on Jul 10, 2012, 14:59:
Axis wrote on Jul 10, 2012, 13:53:
Glad I got to beta this pile of garbage. I put my money towards PoE and the devs who actually show passion for the genre.

You put your money toward a F2P game that's still in beta?

Either you're not very smart, or you're trying way too hard in your attempts at trolling.
A F2P game that's still in beta, yet still quite good, and cost 1/6 of what D3 costs to get early access. The devs there actually seem to know what they're doing, so the game will likely have a lot more longevity than D3 too.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

16. Re: Diablo III Patched Jul 10, 2012, 15:41 dj LiTh

I hear that Verno, my point though is, for what the game costs and what i personally got out of it, i'd say it was worth it. A let down for the diablo franchise thats true, but lets face it diablo2 /w LOD expansion was one of the best computer games of all time, its hard to get above that bar level  

15. Re: Diablo III Patched Jul 10, 2012, 15:18 Verno

dj LiTh wrote on Jul 10, 2012, 15:15:
Well i already made my money back from the cost of the game thru the RMAH, i got more use and fun out of the game than 99% of every other publishers titles. when the pvp arena's get introduced for even more value on my money spent....err gained? Hmmm free fun.

It's funny though, looking back on the game I ended up making fair chunk but I'd rather have more fun/longevity than a revenue opportunity or whatever. I'm not sure PvP will do much for the game unless they limit people from using AH purchased items. As for how it measures to other pubs games well, the whole point of the Blizzard mantle was how far above other competitors they were. This was the first Blizzard game where I felt like that wasn't the case. It was a solid game, certainly not the train wreck that some people make it out to be but it wasn't anything special either.

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Walking Dead, The Fall, As Above So Below

14. Re: Diablo III Patched Jul 10, 2012, 15:15 dj LiTh

Well i already made my money back from the cost of the game thru the RMAH, i got more use and fun out of the game than 99% of every other publishers titles. I understand that d3 is a let down for most, but when you put it in perspective it still blows most other games away even in its current state. Bliz just raised the bar so high that noone could deliver on it, enraging nerds everywhere, sucks for you guys i guess. As for me i'll be taking a break and picking it up again when the pvp arena's get introduced for even more value on my money spent....err gained? Hmmm free fun.  

13. Re: Diablo III Patched Jul 10, 2012, 15:00 Verno

Axis wrote on Jul 10, 2012, 14:56:
NEWS ALERT BLUE - Looks like the d3 site has either been hacked or seriously messed up!

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/

Someone just messed up an include when they were editing the page, relax man. It's just a design thing that will be fixed in a few minutes.

Either you're not very smart, or you're trying way too hard in your attempts at trolling.

You can support development by pre-purchasing the game which gives you guaranteed closed beta access and some early adopter things. Basically it's a "if you like the game please help us out" type deal.

12. Re: Diablo III Patched Jul 10, 2012, 14:59 eunichron

Axis wrote on Jul 10, 2012, 13:53:
Glad I got to beta this pile of garbage. I put my money towards PoE and the devs who actually show passion for the genre.

11. Re: Diablo III Patched Jul 10, 2012, 14:56 Axis

NEWS ALERT BLUE - Looks like the d3 site has either been hacked or seriously messed up!

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/

Yours truly,

Axis

10. Re: Diablo III Patched Jul 10, 2012, 14:52 Verno

Its just sad to be able to predict how many people will post on any D3 news article who bash the living crap out of this game.

That's kind of silly though, it's like the people who only focus on the negative remarks, the ones that just happen to conflict with their point of view. Every game gets some trolls who just mindlessly bash but that's the internet in general really. You just have to kinda ignore em. I've found a lot of legit praise and very accurate criticism, both on this site and elsewhere.

I think Diablo 3 is a kinda fun but flawed game. It's hard to argue with the dollar to fun ratio but at the same time people had pretty high expectations after Diablo 2. I thought I would be playing it for a long time but I don't really see that being the case anymore. There are many other games to play so it's not the end of the world or anything, just a shame is all.

9. Re: Diablo III Patched Jul 10, 2012, 14:51 shihonage

Anyway, it just bums me out that the PC scene is so angry all the time. Its like seeing a spokesman for a certain group on TV representing your group. I just keep saying to myself "we're not all that bad, some people are content".

Yeah man, it bums me out that someone getting hit with a chair seems so angry of the time. The dude should totally chillax and just keep receiving the concussions like a pro.

8. Re: Diablo III Patched Jul 10, 2012, 14:50 Axis

It's sad. I told myself I wont click on the Comments link anymore on this site, but I wanted to see the patch notes. It's almost like clicking on a link in an email that you know that you should just type in the URL yourself.

I started gaming on the PC in the early 80's and still keep up OK with the new releases on both console and PC. Its just sad to be able to predict how many people will post on any D3 news article who bash the living crap out of this game.

I bought D3 on release, Im playing 5-10 hours a week with friends and having a good time along the way. 1/2 way through nightmare right now.

Reasons are pretty simple why there's so much bashing:

1. D3 is not a Diablo game except in story (which is also garbage).
2. Blizzard is not the Blizzard we knew. Blizzard is a load of pompus blowhard money grubbing jackoffs in the disguise of the old Blizzard who used to care about their customers and produce solid games.
3. PC Gamers are tired of shit consolish games getting PC praise by shit console gamers.
4. D3 sucks. But honestly, is there even any reason needed other than this? If so, read 1-3.

Yours truly,

Axis

7. Re: Diablo III Patched Jul 10, 2012, 14:38 Cutter

1AngryGamer wrote on Jul 10, 2012, 14:15:
Ah yes, because Blizzard makes such shoddy games. Im sure your right, this game is garbage. I mean its not like Blizzard didnt refine and change the entire genre with Diablo 1 back over 12 years ago.

Much like Janet Jackson, what have they done for me lately? Two things...Jack and Shit.

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's deadů Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

6. Re: Diablo III Patched Jul 10, 2012, 14:36 eRe4s3r

contentedness leads to stagnation, see Blizzard  

5. Re: Diablo III Patched Jul 10, 2012, 14:34 SimplyMonk

That is a statement for the human race in general.

64 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo