Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

LucasArts FPS Plans?

A job posting on Gamasutra indicates LucasArts is developing an unannounced first-person shooter, as it calls for a senior animator for a FPS title. The listing doesn't include a lot of hints about what this involves except to say "Unreal experience a plus." Thanks NeoGAF via Computer and Video Games.

View
39 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

39. Re: LucasArts FPS Plans? Jul 14, 2012, 01:44 Ant

SirKnight wrote on Jul 10, 2012, 13:55:
Moog wrote on Jul 10, 2012, 12:00:
Outlaws 2!!!

YES!!!
Only if it is good. If they can't make it good like or better than the first one, then don't bother!

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

38. Re: LucasArts FPS Plans? Jul 14, 2012, 01:40 Ant

Gib007 wrote on Jul 10, 2012, 17:20:
The Clone Wars is awesome, and I'm 26!
I've got all the seasons on DVD and have re-watched them all a few times now.

As for LucasArt's "new game", Jedi Knight IV would be the best thing they could make!
Ha, I am about a decade older than you! TCW's CG was decent (not that movie!), but I prefer the cartoon one.

JK4 would be sweet, BUT can they still make it good like the previous games?

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

37. Re: LucasArts FPS Plans? Jul 11, 2012, 05:10 Acleacius

Don't call me till you say, Outlaws 2 is being made by Obsidian, at least we'll know there's a real story. It's the story and an editor/tools that will save Outlaws 2, FPS will be the easy in comparison.  
The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

36. Re: LucasArts FPS Plans? Jul 11, 2012, 04:15 Rea1One

Dark Forces 3!!  

35. Re: LucasArts FPS Plans? Jul 11, 2012, 00:58 LordLaggart

Another well done Jedi Knight/ Dark forces would be fun. I think I played through the original Dark Forces game more than any other game in my life. Lucas Arts had some real good titles back in the day. I used to have a mac and the only good games you could get for macs, were rebel assault and xwing back in the early to mid 90's. I need to dig up some of these relics and play them again.  

34. Re: LucasArts FPS Plans? Jul 10, 2012, 23:39 DNForever

They're gonna team up with 3D Realms and put Duke in the Star Wars universe. Joe Siegler will tell us all about it with his clear concise and vigorous prose.  

33. Re: LucasArts FPS Plans? Jul 10, 2012, 18:02 jdreyer

kanniballl wrote on Jul 10, 2012, 11:41:
NegaDeath wrote on Jul 10, 2012, 11:27:
Dark Forces/Jedi Knight. It's time Lucasarts. You know it, I know it.

Alternatively I could settle for a Republic Commando 2.

Yeh, I'd go for any of those you mentioned.

Republic Commando gets some grief, but it was a fun game. It wasn't as cool as Jedi Knight 2 but it was still solid.

Battlefront III?

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

32. Re: LucasArts FPS Plans? Jul 10, 2012, 17:49 TurdFergasun

full throttle 2 plz.  

31. Re: LucasArts FPS Plans? Jul 10, 2012, 17:27 sauron

nin wrote on Jul 10, 2012, 14:08:
deqer wrote on Jul 10, 2012, 14:03:
nin wrote on Jul 10, 2012, 14:02:
I've actually enjoyed the hell out of the clone wars cartoons. It's amazing how enjoyable SW is with minimal Lucas involvement...

You like stuff with childish stuff in it? okay.

I tolerate your posts, don't I?

This comeback deserves a drumroll and cymbal. Stylish.

Kittens!

30. Re: LucasArts FPS Plans? Jul 10, 2012, 17:20 Gib007

The Clone Wars is awesome, and I'm 26!
I've got all the seasons on DVD and have re-watched them all a few times now.

As for LucasArt's "new game", Jedi Knight IV would be the best thing they could make!

29. Re: LucasArts FPS Plans? Jul 10, 2012, 16:50 Dev

kanniballl wrote on Jul 10, 2012, 15:01:

Cartoons can be fun to watch, even for someone older.
[...]
Some people consider "Finding Nemo" and "The Incredibles" and "WALL-E" to be for young kids. Meanwhile, those films are probably in my top-20-list even though I'm already over 30.
I agree, in fact I think all the Pixar movies were well done and great movies. Not just because of what they are, but they also stick some fairly subtle adult humor in many of their movies that fly right over the kids head.

This comment was edited on Jul 10, 2012, 17:50.

28. Re: LucasArts FPS Plans? Jul 10, 2012, 16:38 deqer

The more you guys rave about xwing, the more EA will feel they can get away with doing shit to the game--like, making it online only for example--and know that you'll buy it anyways.

So, keep quiet please.

27. Re: LucasArts FPS Plans? Jul 10, 2012, 16:36 DangerDog

Wildone wrote on Jul 10, 2012, 12:09:
FUCKINGGGGGGGGG XXXXXXXXX-WINNNNNNGGG???????!!!! 0_0!!!!!!!!!!!

It would be 100% 3rd person and require a kinect enabled xbox360

26. Re: LucasArts FPS Plans? Jul 10, 2012, 15:18 Breasts

Hire someone from FutureMark. They have loads of experience with unreal animation.  

25. Re: LucasArts FPS Plans? Jul 10, 2012, 15:08 kanniballl

Cutter wrote on Jul 10, 2012, 14:37:
Really people? Seriously? And when was the last time LucasArts was relevent to PC games? 10 years ago? 20? Do you really care at this point? Do you really thing anything other than some shitty Star Wars console game is in the works? For realz yo?

Meh, Jedi Knight 2 and Star Wars Republic Commando were decent. JK2 was 10 years ago, but SW:RC was like 6 years ago.

The only reason I bother reading these LucasArts posts is hopes that either (A) they'll try to do an XWing/TieFighter revival or (B) perhaps another JK or RC sequel.

I'm not saying the end-result would be good... but it's nice to dream. Tie Fighter with today's Graphics and the 90's missions + story? That alone is worth the dream.

Not realistic hope mind you, just dreaming.

-

This comment was edited on Jul 10, 2012, 15:54.

"Space. It seems to go on and on forever. But then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you."
-Fry, Futurama

24. Re: LucasArts FPS Plans? Jul 10, 2012, 15:01 kanniballl

I've actually enjoyed the hell out of the clone wars cartoons. It's amazing how enjoyable SW is with minimal Lucas involvement...

Cartoons can be fun to watch, even for someone older. Not everything needs to be serious and violent like some bloody anime. Light-hearted tones, simpler animation... these things don't need to detract from enjoyment.

I really liked the first Clone Wars cartoon series: where things were drawn in the style of (perhaps) Samurai Jack. Little 10-minute blurbs, sometimes with little dialog, showing what was going on. My two favorites were (A) Mace Windu taking out a whole batallion and (B) Anakin saving aliens that were being mutilated/tortured while reading a prophecy that might as well be his own.

The CGI one that was recently on... meh. Nothing great, but every now and then there was a solid episode.

Sure, I usually like my stuff serious and action-packed. I enjoyed the various DCAU series and I think the current "Young Justice" is also decent. "Teen Titans" was a different animal entirely, but some times OK to watch while chilling out.

But on occasion I also like to chill and watch some "Adventure Time" and "The Regular Show"

Some people consider "Finding Nemo" and "The Incredibles" and "WALL-E" to be for young kids. Meanwhile, those films are probably in my top-20-list even though I'm already over 30.

-

This comment was edited on Jul 10, 2012, 15:53.

"Space. It seems to go on and on forever. But then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you."
-Fry, Futurama

23. Re: LucasArts FPS Plans? Jul 10, 2012, 14:37 Cutter

Really people? Seriously? And when was the last time LucasArts was relevent to PC games? 10 years ago? 20? Do you really care at this point? Do you really thing anything other than some shitty Star Wars console game is in the works? For realz yo?

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

22. Re: LucasArts FPS Plans? Jul 10, 2012, 14:08 nin

I tolerate your posts, don't I?

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

21. Re: LucasArts FPS Plans? Jul 10, 2012, 14:03 deqer

20. Re: LucasArts FPS Plans? Jul 10, 2012, 14:02 nin

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

39 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo