Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Evening Tech Bits

View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jul 13, 2012, 23:39 Ant

Sepharo wrote on Jul 13, 2012, 23:31:
Ant wrote on Jul 13, 2012, 22:32:
Sepharo wrote on Jul 8, 2012, 01:30:
They can't go out of business where will I buy my cheap headphones that I need "right NOW".
Cheap?

Both in quality and in price. Unless you think $50 for "gamer" headphones isn't cheap. The good stuff starts at $100 easy.
$50 is still expensive for a headphone.

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jul 13, 2012, 23:31 Sepharo

Ant wrote on Jul 13, 2012, 22:32:
They can't go out of business where will I buy my cheap headphones that I need "right NOW".
Cheap?

Both in quality and in price. Unless you think $50 for "gamer" headphones isn't cheap. The good stuff starts at $100 easy.

10. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jul 13, 2012, 22:32 Ant

Cheap?

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

9. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jul 8, 2012, 01:30 Sepharo

8. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jul 7, 2012, 22:52 wtf_man

Pigeon wrote on Jul 7, 2012, 11:53:
Don't forget the 200x mark up on their premium argon injected, platinum tipped, carbon fiber weave, unbotanium coated, gamma shielded connector cables.

Heh... I emergency buy all my Audio / Video cables from Radio Shack Shit... and the funny thing is, they pretty much only carry batteries and cell phones anymore, and they wonder why no-one goes in their store.

That said... they charge through the nose for HDMI cables too.

7. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jul 7, 2012, 13:10 nin

Gojo wrote on Jul 7, 2012, 13:03:
Don't forget the 200x mark up on their premium argon injected, platinum tipped, carbon fiber weave, unbotanium coated, gamma shielded connector cables.

LOL! Exactly.
If BB would have focused on online ordering/in-store pickup they could have cleaned up. The few times I've taken advantage of the in-store pickup have been painful. Newegg is just too fast, cheap, and easy.

I tried that once or twice, and it was never a positive experience. The general response when I arrived was "you did what?" Maybe it's a training issue or something...

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

6. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jul 7, 2012, 13:03 Gojo

LOL! Exactly.
If BB would have focused on online ordering/in-store pickup they could have cleaned up. The few times I've taken advantage of the in-store pickup have been painful. Newegg is just too fast, cheap, and easy.

=-Gojo-=

5. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jul 7, 2012, 11:53 Pigeon

wtf_man wrote on Jul 7, 2012, 09:49:
Tons of electronics stores have bit the dust... Circuit City, Good Guys, Federated (West Coast stuff if you are not familiar with some of those)... and pretty much for the same reasons...

Overpriced Electronics
Unknowledgable Staff
Staff trying to strong arm you into extended warranties
Repairs that take forever when you bring the product in to be fixxed

Add Worst Buy's BS:
Bait and Switch Prices online vs. a store
Rebates that they almost never pay on
Warranties almost never honored
Extreme hurdles to return items

I'm kind of surprised they lasted longer than Circuit City (which wasn't quite as bad... but still pretty bad)

4. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jul 7, 2012, 09:49 wtf_man

Tons of electronics stores have bit the dust... Circuit City, Good Guys, Federated (West Coast stuff if you are not familiar with some of those)... and pretty much for the same reasons...

Overpriced Electronics
Unknowledgable Staff
Staff trying to strong arm you into extended warranties
Repairs that take forever when you bring the product in to be fixxed

Add Worst Buy's BS:
Bait and Switch Prices online vs. a store
Rebates that they almost never pay on
Warranties almost never honored
Extreme hurdles to return items

I'm kind of surprised they lasted longer than Circuit City (which wasn't quite as bad... but still pretty bad)

3. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jul 7, 2012, 03:37 Ray Marden

Doubtful, but maybe the employees will actually help people now?

I no longer shop at the company's stores, but at its peak, every Best Buy I went to was filled with employees, few of which would help people

I remember having to wait 15 minutes for somebody to get me a PC game from the back floor while there were groups of 3-5 people just standing around at the front door security/welcome station...standing in line to pick up an online order while listening to employees in the Geek Squad/restricted hardware area insult shoppers in the store...waiting in line at the Santana Row store due to only two registers being opened while the returns/Customer Service department was staffed with five employees - four that were standing around and one that was (no joke) dancing atop the counter...having to ask a second employee to check stock because the first one never came back after 15 minutes...etc.

I could go on about a few other items (not matching BB website pricing, taking years to offer replacement RZ cards, etc.) and the market is making a transition which is not entirely friendly to retail locations, but it always felt like the company's arrogance and laziness was going to catch up with it and doom it at some point.
Or missing in-store pick ups...forced software on laptops...or..or...
Not sure how inflating cell phone pricing even further will help,
Ray

Everything is awesome!!!
http://shoutengine.com/GarnettonGames/
I love you, mom.

2. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jul 6, 2012, 23:12 nin

Burn Baby Burn...

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jul 6, 2012, 22:28 Panickd

Newsflash! Best Buy going down in flames! Film at 11!

I guess training your employees to lie, act like they know what they're talking about when they really don't and endlessly pester customers doesn't payoff. Who knew?

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo