Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Dead State Kickstarter Ends Today

The Kickstarter for Dead State is in the home stretch, as it will conclude at about 5:30 pm EDT today (thanks nin). Word is:

This is it – the last 24 hours of the Kickstarter! This is the last chance to fund Dead State and meet our stretch goals. As of yesterday, two more of our stretch goals have been met and we’re well on our way to meeting our $300k stretch goal and unlocking the additional challenge of the City maps and a brand new ally.

With 24 hours left, there’s a few things we can do to help reach $300k and beyond. A lot of that is going to depend on reaching new backers and reminding people that this is their last chance to pledge or upgrade their pledge.

View
30 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

30. Re: Dead State Kickstarter Ends Today Jul 6, 2012, 10:05 ASeven

Damn, the number of gimmick accounts are increasing.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

29. Re: Dead State Kickstarter Ends Today Jul 6, 2012, 10:00 Sarcastic PC Gamer

Morons fund kickstarters... Its their business, quit being abused.  

28. Re: Dead State Kickstarter Ends Today Jul 6, 2012, 03:57 Acleacius

ASeven wrote on Jul 5, 2012, 22:27:
Acleacius wrote on Jul 5, 2012, 18:57:
Yeah sure, having to wait another 8 months sucks

Dec 2013
8 months plus the original release estimate before having funding to improve the game.

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

27. Re: Dead State Kickstarter Ends Today Jul 5, 2012, 22:29 ASeven

Cutter wrote on Jul 5, 2012, 18:37:
theyarecomingforyou wrote on Jul 5, 2012, 16:18:
ASeven wrote on Jul 5, 2012, 15:57:
Here's the funny thing, there's been 2 tries already at a tactical FPS in KS and yet these guys are making a great looking tactical FPS that happens to be freeware.

Makes me wonder when this one releases if the demand for a tactical FPS on KS will be even lower.
The trouble is that people are trying to get funding for what are effectively just mods, which have always been free. They're not made by credible studios with skilled employees, like Double Fine or inXile Entertainment.

A mod is a mod and people don't want to pay for it. Afterall, there are plenty of high budget, professional F2P games... why pay in advance for a shitty game that may never be completed?

Truer words were never spoken. People would even be happy to donate - remember shareware? - after the fact if they like the product, but handing money over for most stuff - site unseen - will never be popular.

That is true. The projects I've funded, which were not limited to videogames only, either already had something to show or were made by reputable people who I could trust to deliver a finished product.

But in the end a good idea is a good idea and it will attract people to put money on it.

26. Re: Dead State Kickstarter Ends Today Jul 5, 2012, 22:27 ASeven

Acleacius wrote on Jul 5, 2012, 18:57:
Yeah sure, having to wait another 8 months sucks

Dec 2013

25. Re: Dead State Kickstarter Ends Today Jul 5, 2012, 19:14 nin

Yep - nice finish!

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

24. Re: Dead State Kickstarter Ends Today Jul 5, 2012, 19:12 jimnms

WOOT, it finished with just over $330k!!! I was keeping an eye on it with 10 minutes to go. Right at 5 minutes to go it was on $295k, then I hit F5 and it was over $330k.

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Jul 5, 2012, 13:04:
Just noticed that the Ground Branch KS is going to end in about a day too. Looks like they're not going to make it. Bummer.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/670743543/ground-branch

I think what's hurting them is that it's MP only. If it were MP coop like R6 or SWAT 3/4 I'd be all over it. Since it's just basically team DM, it's going to end up playing out like a game of Counter Strike or America's Army.

Steam Profile

23. Re: Dead State Kickstarter Ends Today Jul 5, 2012, 19:02 Jerykk

Tumbler wrote on Jul 5, 2012, 14:13:
I think the delivery expectation of Dec 2013 is keeping me from spending my money. It's awesome that it's getting funded but I think I want to wait and see on this one. They'll probably offer a beta soon or something that makes me regret not jumping on this but that timeline gives me concern.

I think that timeline is perfectly reasonable. The game has been in development for a few years already and most of the core systems and writing is done. Now they just finish the remaining environments and polish everything up. With the KS funding, they can now get more people to work on the project full-time.

On another note, I was surprised and happy to see them reach $330k. Really amazing how quickly funding ramps up within the last few hours of a KS.

22. Re: Dead State Kickstarter Ends Today Jul 5, 2012, 18:57 Acleacius

ASeven wrote on Jul 5, 2012, 13:17:
With an estimated delivery date of Dec 2013?...

Though I've backed this project up too, I want to see this game come true. Oh boy, 50 KS projects backed. My poor wallet.
Thought it was known Kickstarter success enabled them to expand the game. Oscar has even updated the engine (afaik it's being used for Dead State and Age of Decadence) for more and better effects like particles.

Yeah sure, having to wait another 8 months sucks, but it's going to be a better game, than it could have been.

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

21. Re: Dead State Kickstarter Ends Today Jul 5, 2012, 18:37 Cutter

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Jul 5, 2012, 16:18:
Here's the funny thing, there's been 2 tries already at a tactical FPS in KS and yet these guys are making a great looking tactical FPS that happens to be freeware.

Makes me wonder when this one releases if the demand for a tactical FPS on KS will be even lower.
The trouble is that people are trying to get funding for what are effectively just mods, which have always been free. They're not made by credible studios with skilled employees, like Double Fine or inXile Entertainment.

A mod is a mod and people don't want to pay for it. Afterall, there are plenty of high budget, professional F2P games... why pay in advance for a shitty game that may never be completed?

Truer words were never spoken. People would even be happy to donate - remember shareware? - after the fact if they like the product, but handing money over for most stuff - site unseen - will never be popular.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

20. Re: Dead State Kickstarter Ends Today Jul 5, 2012, 16:18 theyarecomingforyou

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

19. Re: Dead State Kickstarter Ends Today Jul 5, 2012, 15:57 ASeven

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Jul 5, 2012, 15:42:
It looks alright and certainly has some nice ideas but nothing I'd want to invest money in, not when there is absolutely no guarantee of quality. I've backed two KS projects so far and am happy to support those I consider worthwhile.

As for Ground Branch, I'm not surprised it looks almost certain it won't achieve funding - the studio doesn't look credible, the game looks ropey (especially considering they're licencing UE3) and I think they're asking for WAY too much money. I'm not interested in funding excessive salaries for amateur modders to release half-assed games I would have never otherwise bought.

18. Re: Dead State Kickstarter Ends Today Jul 5, 2012, 15:42 theyarecomingforyou

It looks alright and certainly has some nice ideas but nothing I'd want to invest money in, not when there is absolutely no guarantee of quality. I've backed two KS projects so far and am happy to support those I consider worthwhile.

As for Ground Branch, I'm not surprised it looks almost certain it won't achieve funding - the studio doesn't look credible, the game looks ropey (especially considering they're licencing UE3) and I think they're asking for WAY too much money. I'm not interested in funding excessive salaries for amateur modders to release half-assed games I would have never otherwise bought.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

17. Re: Dead State Kickstarter Ends Today Jul 5, 2012, 14:26 ASeven

Mr. Tact wrote on Jul 5, 2012, 13:51:
Oh boy, 50 KS projects backed. My poor wallet.
Fifty? Woof! You are Mr. Optimistic.

All of them ended funded. If they deliver a quality product, well, now that's up to them at this point.

16. Re: Dead State Kickstarter Ends Today Jul 5, 2012, 14:26 ASeven

Silicon Avatar wrote on Jul 5, 2012, 14:05:
I can't decide if I want to fund this or not.

Sandbox RPG of a zombie apocalypse. That alone should make you decide.

15. Re: Dead State Kickstarter Ends Today Jul 5, 2012, 14:13 Tumbler

I think the delivery expectation of Dec 2013 is keeping me from spending my money. It's awesome that it's getting funded but I think I want to wait and see on this one. They'll probably offer a beta soon or something that makes me regret not jumping on this but that timeline gives me concern.  
99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

14. Re: Dead State Kickstarter Ends Today Jul 5, 2012, 14:05 Silicon Avatar

I can't decide if I want to fund this or not.

13. Re: Dead State Kickstarter Ends Today Jul 5, 2012, 14:00 HorrorScope

How much more is needed to get Motion Blurring?  

12. Re: Dead State Kickstarter Ends Today Jul 5, 2012, 13:51 Mr. Tact

Oh boy, 50 KS projects backed. My poor wallet.
Fifty? Woof! You are Mr. Optimistic.

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

11. Re: Dead State Kickstarter Ends Today Jul 5, 2012, 13:18 KTR

Nice, just passed the $300k milestone. At this pace, we could get animals too.  

30 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo