Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Well we survived Independence Day well enough. The fireworks got started and Hudson the wonder dog and I came up to my office, put on the air conditioner, and sang the thunder buddies theme song. It wasn't great for her, but it's been far worse in the past. I assume the fireworks are not completely done with, but we can hope they are finished with the worst of it.

Explosive Links: Thanks Ant and Acleacius.
Play: Llama in Your Face.
Links: Five Subcharacters Who Deserve Their Own Game.
Stories: San Diego Accidentally Set Off All Its Fireworks at the Same Time.
Confrontation With TSA Agent Leaves Grandpa's Ashes On Floor. Thanks Boing Boing.
Media: Animated YouTube Comments.
Put a bird on it.
To Catch a Thief. Thanks Reddit.
Wedding speech from a shy groom.
The Funnies: Dilbert.
Follow-up: Shy physicist whose name lives on in Higgs boson.
The Best Surprise Military Homecomings.
Top Ten Fireworks Fails. NSFW.

View
28 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

28. Re: conditi3oner? Jul 14, 2012, 13:21 Ant

Frans wrote on Jul 14, 2012, 11:35:
Ant wrote on Jul 13, 2012, 21:36:
Nice typo, Blue?
Things like that stick around nowadays, as I quit my proofreader role a year ago. For some reason Blue still hasn't gotten around to recruiting a new person to help him with this.

Anyone wishing to help out should just mail in a daily list of corrections, then they're more likely noticed and addressed than a comment to an old post.
I just sent him an e-mail. And yes, I am way late since I was behind with BN! Not enough free time!

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

27. Re: conditi3oner? Jul 14, 2012, 11:35  Frans 

Ant wrote on Jul 13, 2012, 21:36:
Nice typo, Blue?
Things like that stick around nowadays, as I quit my proofreader role a year ago. For some reason Blue still hasn't gotten around to recruiting a new person to help him with this.

Anyone wishing to help out should just mail in a daily list of corrections, then they're more likely noticed and addressed than a comment to an old post.

-- Frans

26. conditi3oner? Jul 13, 2012, 21:36 Ant

Nice typo, Blue?  

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

25. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 6, 2012, 09:12 kanniballl

That sucks Bats. Losing a friend is bad enough, losing him in (I'm guessing) your home is even worse.

For what it's worth, I'm sure he appreciated you guys helping him out. At least you made his hard times at the end a little easier.

-

"Space. It seems to go on and on forever. But then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you."
-Fry, Futurama

24. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 6, 2012, 08:45 nin

Very sad to hear, Bats. But Blue brings up a good point - you were a good friend in a time of need. And it's good to know you have those.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

23. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 6, 2012, 00:28  Blue 

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jul 5, 2012, 23:45:
Wife told me today she hadn't seen our roomate. Good friend of ours who had fallen on hard times the past year, so we rented a room to him cheap. I checked on him tonight, looks like he passed away last evening in his sleep....

Sorry to hear that man. Was nice that you guys were there for him in a time of need.

Condolences.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip
Blue's News Publisher, Editor-in-Chief, El Presidente for Life

22. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 6, 2012, 00:22 Sepharo

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jul 5, 2012, 23:45:
Fuck.

Wife told me today she hadn't seen our roomate. Good friend of ours who had fallen on hard times the past year, so we rented a room to him cheap. I checked on him tonight, looks like he passed away last evening in his sleep....

Knowing him, he would appreciate if you took a little time to listen to some Steel Panther and raised a Sambuca or High Life for him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Lll964Z1fk

Cheers guys....

Wow, sorry to hear that. That's gotta be surreal.

I was about to say I'd request the song on Detroit's 80s rock station tomorrow but then I listened to it... Hahaha great track.

21. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 5, 2012, 23:45 xXBatmanXx

Fuck.

Knowing him, he would appreciate if you took a little time to listen to some Steel Panther and raised a Sambuca or High Life for him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Lll964Z1fk

Cheers guys....

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

20. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 5, 2012, 19:44 kanniballl

Cutter wrote on Jul 5, 2012, 18:40:
Yeah, with Seth's shows I've only really like Brian and Roger as characters. And they're the only reason I watch FG and AD.

For me it's Brian+Stewie, Quagmire, and Roger.

Brian is great, and Stewie is good. But it's great when it's just the two of them.

Roger is really the only good thing in AD, though his duos with Stan are usually decent.

"Space. It seems to go on and on forever. But then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you."
-Fry, Futurama

19. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 5, 2012, 18:40 Cutter

The Half Elf wrote on Jul 5, 2012, 17:57:
nin wrote on Jul 5, 2012, 16:13:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Jul 5, 2012, 15:58:
nin wrote on Jul 5, 2012, 15:13:
The Half Elf wrote on Jul 5, 2012, 15:00:
nin wrote on Jul 5, 2012, 10:15:
and sang the thunder buddies theme song
Oh we gotta get video of this!
If anyone hasn't seen Ted yet, GO SEE IT NOW!

Not a fan of Seth. That'll be a netflix, at best...
Can't be any worse then Spiderman 3..... just sayin.
My brother (not a reliable source) said that Spidey sucked.....I guess it has a lot of recap in it?

It's a reboot, so yeah...I'm seriously considering skipping that one.

Yeah, with Seth's shows I've only really like Brian and Roger as characters. And they're the only reason I watch FG and AD.

And as for Spidey, all the trailers I've seen just look horrible. And as so many of us have noted in the past - as well as the multitudes out there - why the fuck do we continually need the origin stories in every reboot or new series? Honestly, do most people really not know how Spidey, Bats, Supes, et al. came to be at this point? If you don't you probably won't be going to see the movies anyway. So skip the hour of all that shit and focus on a story.

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

18. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 5, 2012, 17:57 The Half Elf

nin wrote on Jul 5, 2012, 16:13:

Can't be any worse then Spiderman 3..... just sayin.
My brother (not a reliable source) said that Spidey sucked.....I guess it has a lot of recap in it?

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

17. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 5, 2012, 16:13 nin

16. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 5, 2012, 15:58 xXBatmanXx

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

15. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 5, 2012, 15:13 nin

14. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 5, 2012, 15:11 Mr. Tact

Uh, no. I can guarantee you I would not enjoy Ted.  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

13. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 5, 2012, 15:00 The Half Elf

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

12. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 5, 2012, 13:11 MadBoris

Good to hear it wasn't too bad.

I had an uneventful evening, I didn't take my golden to a show afterall, and from home it was pretty quiet.

11. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 5, 2012, 13:10 Acleacius

Blue, don't be fooled by the calm before the storm, the weekend is coming!  
The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

10. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 5, 2012, 13:10 Cutter

Mr. Tact wrote on Jul 5, 2012, 12:17:
Pass. But let us know what you think of it Cutter. I'm curious if it can hold up to your expectations.

I think to get real enjoyment out of it people will definitely need to be in clans and do stuff as a team. Not to say you won't have a hoot jumping in and out for a while same as you would with any FPS but it'll be a lot more fun working with other people to accomplish objectives. Clans like....=C22=, of which several Bluesers are members.

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

9. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 5, 2012, 12:17 Mr. Tact

Pass. But let us know what you think of it Cutter. I'm curious if it can hold up to your expectations.  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

28 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo