Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

etc.

View
20 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

20. Re: etc. Jul 3, 2012, 12:11 Turglar

Kitkoan wrote on Jul 2, 2012, 18:39:
Companies like NCSoft, Gamevil and Com2uS would like to argue with you from South Korea.

You missed the part where he said DECENT game.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

19. Re: etc. Jul 2, 2012, 19:47 Asmo

RailWizard wrote on Jul 2, 2012, 13:21:
It's not race baiting if it's an fact opinion.

FTFY

My bad, I should've mentioned I'm mostly talking about PC games because of course consoles are utter shit.

Troll troll troll yer boat...

As for how many FPS's do we need... Clearly more if a game like DayZ can come outta nowhere and sell a couple hundred thousand copies while being in an alpha state and also a MOD. Imagine a samurai/ninja-type mod setup in a similar fashion(like bushido-blade).....fucking I would be ALL OVER THAT SHIT. That's my point. They no longer even consider innovating, they just rehash old shit. Which is what most are doing now, but there is still the odd gem here or there. Not from Japan though. This is also the same country that spawned the evil empires of SONY and CREATIVE, and guess what they do? Nothing, other than litigate and rehash. Don't be buthurt, go change it if you care so much. More competition is always better.

"Asia" is slightly bigger than Japan, but don't let me get in the way of your ignorant ranting...

18. Re: etc. Jul 2, 2012, 18:39 Kitkoan

RailWizard wrote on Jul 2, 2012, 11:20:
Of course, there is the fact that no Asian country could make a decent game to save their lives(which i dont understand since they supposed to be all Mr. computer)

Companies like NCSoft, Gamevil and Com2uS would like to argue with you from South Korea.

*automatically refuses to place horse heads in anyone's bed*

17. Re: etc. Jul 2, 2012, 18:34 Kitkoan

I'm not surprised that they are working on a crack for D3. Warez scenes are more interested in cracking DRM then pirating games in the end, so the harder the DRM the more they want to crack the game.

Its like the Witcher 2. There was a DRM SecuriROM version and the DRM-free version on GoG, but it was noticed in the end the the DRM version was the one that got pirated the most even though it would have been a lot easier to pirate the DRM-free version.

*automatically refuses to place horse heads in anyone's bed*

16. Re: etc. Jul 2, 2012, 18:12 DarkCntry

RailWizard wrote on Jul 2, 2012, 13:21:
It's not race baiting if it's a fact.

Not sure you understand what the word 'fact' means when you start applying it to a very subjective opinion like that.

15. Re: etc. Jul 2, 2012, 16:59 Tim Collins

First time I ever associated SKIDROW and China together oddly enough.

14. Re: etc. Jul 2, 2012, 16:50 Wallshadows

Watch Athene beat every Diablo III boss on Inferno… with his eyes closed

It's called having over 200k+ DPS on a Demon Hunter while being "funded" by fan boys.

13. Re: etc. Jul 2, 2012, 13:58 Kastagir

RailWizard wrote on Jul 2, 2012, 12:18:
Pigeon wrote on Jul 2, 2012, 11:56:
Once again torn. Who do I hate more? Blizzard or China....tough one.

Of course, there is the fact that no Asian country could make a decent game to save their lives(which i dont understand since they supposed to be all Mr. computer)....so there is that. Then again BLizz is in empire strikes back mode lately...hmmm.

Japan has consumed all of Asia's game making talent.

Reading the article it doesn't seem like 'China' is promoting it, but that one of the possible distributors is. The reason the game hasn't released in China yet is because of China's over the top censorship among other things. So I highly doubt they'd promote a 'crack' that circumvents their own rules.

So where is Japan hiding them? In a cave somewhere?

Hyatus wrote on Jul 2, 2012, 12:01:
Of course, there is the fact that no Asian country could make a decent game [...]

Uhm...Japan?

Yeah, Japan. They've been irrelevant for like 15 years. No one gives a flying fuck about FFXXXIIIIV or w/e other cliched crap they just can't let go of.

You may not like them, bug JRPGs sell just fine in Japan. Japanese corporations can make a lot more money exporting cars and electronics than than they can with video games.

12. Re: etc. Jul 2, 2012, 13:36 xXBatmanXx

Tumbler wrote on Jul 2, 2012, 13:26:
I'd also love to see a mod that forces loot drops to be specific to your class. It sucks how much loot drops that is for other classes. The game would be more fun if loot dropped only for your class instead of expecting you to go sell everything not for you gathering gold so you can go find the loot you want in the AH.

Never played D2 eh?

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

11. Re: etc. Jul 2, 2012, 13:32 Prez

I keep hearing that Diablo 3 is essentiallly uncrackable because critical assets like AI routines, loot, monster stats, etc. live only on Blizzard's servers. To whit: further investigation into this "crack" shows it's apparently only an emulated server in which there is no loot and monsters just stand around doing nothing. But I think people are underestimating just how technically savvy the warez scene big players are. They've broken previously "unbreakable" DRM before, and more than once. I expect they will figure out how to get the required data off of Blizzard's servers and get the wares version working near perfectly.

I don't condone piracy in general, but I'm totally rooting for Skid Row in this. Blizzard basically made it inevitable that someone would crack this game because of the butt-stupid decisions they've made from day one with Diablo 3. Maybe I will end up buying it eventually if they get the emulated server 100% functional. It's the only way I'd ever buy Diablo 3.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

10. Re: etc. Jul 2, 2012, 13:26 Tumbler

I'd love to see an offline emulator for D3 because that could hopefully allow players to mod the game so you can play at any difficulty level and give you appropriate starting characters so those levels are fun.

I'd also love to see a mod that forces loot drops to be specific to your class. It sucks how much loot drops that is for other classes. The game would be more fun if loot dropped only for your class instead of expecting you to go sell everything not for you gathering gold so you can go find the loot you want in the AH.

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

9. Re: etc. Jul 2, 2012, 13:21 RailWizard

killer_roach wrote on Jul 2, 2012, 12:38:
Yeah, Japan. They've been irrelevant for like 15 years. No one gives a flying fuck about FFXXXIIIIV or w/e other cliched crap they just can't let go of.

Seems like race-baiting trolls also have a lot of cliched crap they just can't get rid of.

It's not race baiting if it's a fact.

Pigeon wrote on Jul 2, 2012, 12:44:
I dont play console games so I can't give a list off the top of my head, but I know a lot of people rave about Dark Souls, so there's at least one recent relevant game. Sure enough they release a lot of 'cliched' crap, but then so do US publishers. How many WWII, or realistic FPSs do we really need. Diablo 3 had the one of the more hackneyed plots I've seen in awhile. If you don't like Japanese games that's fine but it comes off as trollish to suggest they don't make fun games because you don't like the Final Fantasy Series anymore.

My bad, I should've mentioned I'm mostly talking about PC games because of course consoles are utter shit.

As for how many FPS's do we need... Clearly more if a game like DayZ can come outta nowhere and sell a couple hundred thousand copies while being in an alpha state and also a MOD. Imagine a samurai/ninja-type mod setup in a similar fashion(like bushido-blade).....fucking I would be ALL OVER THAT SHIT. That's my point. They no longer even consider innovating, they just rehash old shit. Which is what most are doing now, but there is still the odd gem here or there. Not from Japan though. This is also the same country that spawned the evil empires of SONY and CREATIVE, and guess what they do? Nothing, other than litigate and rehash. Don't be buthurt, go change it if you care so much. More competition is always better.

8. Re: etc. Jul 2, 2012, 12:44 Pigeon

Of course, there is the fact that no Asian country could make a decent game to save their lives(which i dont understand since they supposed to be all Mr. computer)....so there is that. Then again BLizz is in empire strikes back mode lately...hmmm.

Reading the article it doesn't seem like 'China' is promoting it, but that one of the possible distributors is. The reason the game hasn't released in China yet is because of China's over the top censorship among other things. So I highly doubt they'd promote a 'crack' that circumvents their own rules.

Of course, there is the fact that no Asian country could make a decent game [...]

Uhm...Japan?

I dont play console games so I can't give a list off the top of my head, but I know a lot of people rave about Dark Souls, so there's at least one recent relevant game. Sure enough they release a lot of 'cliched' crap, but then so do US publishers. How many WWII, or realistic FPSs do we really need. Diablo 3 had the one of the more hackneyed plots I've seen in awhile. If you don't like Japanese games that's fine but it comes off as trollish to suggest they don't make fun games because you don't like the Final Fantasy Series anymore.

7. Re: etc. Jul 2, 2012, 12:38 killer_roach

Seems like race-baiting trolls also have a lot of cliched crap they just can't get rid of.

6. Re: etc. Jul 2, 2012, 12:18 RailWizard

Uhm...Japan?

5. Re: etc. Jul 2, 2012, 12:01 Hyatus

Uhm...Japan?

4. Re: etc. Jul 2, 2012, 11:56 Pigeon

3. Re: etc. Jul 2, 2012, 11:44 McSterls

Just finished Diablo 3, I would have totally downloaded and used this hack had I known about it. The constant internet connection and problems surrounding this title impacted on how fun (not much) the game was.  

2. Re: etc. Jul 2, 2012, 11:20 RailWizard

1. Re: etc. Jul 2, 2012, 10:24 eRe4s3r

Blizzard refuses to provide offline, the market provides it it anyway. Blizzard loses.

Emulator is about 40% done (they are faster than I figured, actually)

20 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo