Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Sunday Consolidation

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: Sunday Consolidation Jul 2, 2012, 17:12 Sir Graves

MajorD wrote on Jul 1, 2012, 20:59:
Cold Stream "BETA" has been available to play for so long now, it just doesn't seem that news worthy (not directed at you Blue); however, I may be interested in playing it again to see how well it polished out.

Well, I guess it's still newsworthy simply because it's finally done and officially releasing (to me it's utterly laughable, though, that one user-created campaign took well over a year to test and finish!), but I know what you mean, my friends and I have played it already so much the past year that it hardly feels like "new" content anymore since it still plays and feels very similar to how it did the first time I tried it last year (and I'm still not that crazy about it, and much prefer Vavle-created content to user-created), so it doesn't feel like anything "new" at all anymore.

At this point, Valve, just bring on L4D3 already (or whatever they wind up calling it)!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Sunday Consolidation Jul 2, 2012, 11:32 MajorD

zombiefan wrote on Jul 1, 2012, 22:36:
Cold Stream "BETA" has been available to play for so long now, it just doesn't seem that news worthy (not directed at you Blue); however, I may be interested in playing it again to see how well it polished out.

It's news worthy because it's referring to the console version, not the PC.

Actually, Mac, PC and Xbox 360. So yeah, I guess other than the PC, it would be news worthy.

6. Re: Sunday Consolidation Jul 2, 2012, 07:01 Bet

This campaign is awesome, the beta has been public for around 1-2 years.

Dev wrote on Jul 1, 2012, 16:48:
You can tell which game gets the love and has lots of valve employees interested (TF2), and which games don't (like L4D series).
Interest? You mean funding? Lack of creativity isn't a problem last I checked Kickstarter. Valve either has tight pursestrings, or a hard time recruiting enough numbers from those who don't band together to make a total conversion of an existing engine, those things at least are mutually exclusive.

5. Re: Sunday Consolidation Jul 1, 2012, 22:36 zombiefan

It's news worthy because it's referring to the console version, not the PC.

4. Re: Sunday Consolidation Jul 1, 2012, 20:59 MajorD

3. Re: Sunday Consolidation Jul 1, 2012, 16:48 Dev

You can tell which game gets the love and has lots of valve employees interested (TF2), and which games don't (like L4D series).  

2. Re: Sunday Consolidation Jul 1, 2012, 16:14 The Pyro

Silicon Avatar wrote on Jul 1, 2012, 14:49:
L4D2 needs a strong injection of new weapons and zombie variants.

Alas, the server browser sucks and is buried in the console, so playing mods is something that the average player only does infrequently. And even then they tend to hate modded servers because they get dumped into modded games without asking for it (i.e. via the Quick Match button).

1. Re: Sunday Consolidation Jul 1, 2012, 14:49 Silicon Avatar

L4D2 needs a strong injection of new weapons and zombie variants.

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo