Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Diablo III RMAH Issues

A thread on the Diablo III forums has a complaint from a user who claims to have been charged $149.99 for an item in the Real-Money Auction House for Diablo III after bidding on an item they say was posted at $0.00. They offer evidence to support this claim as well indications that the bug they encountered is still occurring. On a semi-related note, this thread has the account from a user claiming to have lost a Battle.net balance of $200.00 after changing the region on their account, while this one is from someone who says they called the FBI to report Blizzard for wire fraud, alleging having never received a $49.99 payment for an item they sold. These threads have attracted a lot of attention from users, but so far have received no official "blue" comments from Blizzard. Thanks Joao and Blend Games.

View
95 Replies. 5 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

95. Re: Diablo III RMAH Issues Jul 6, 2012, 18:43 Slippy

jason_deluxe wrote on Jul 6, 2012, 09:55:
I show up on a blues thread about a highly contraversal RMAH in my beloved Diablo franchise and I get a totally unsolicited therapy session by some formerly abused child.

Who knew?

Crazy world.
And I don't charge a thing...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

94. Re: Diablo III RMAH Issues Jul 6, 2012, 09:55 jason_deluxe

I show up on a blues thread about a highly contraversal RMAH in my beloved Diablo franchise and I get a totally unsolicited therapy session by some formerly abused child.

Who knew?

Crazy world.

93. Re: Diablo III RMAH Issues Jul 5, 2012, 19:44 Slippy

Josiah Gibbs wrote on Jul 4, 2012, 19:38:
yeah but bro, you just described the very definition of entitlement :p

"correct it immediately"! ...thats exactly the attitude that the word entitlement refers to in relation to customer support issues...

to take it to the level of the FBI without 48 hours having even passed is exactly what these cats are getting at dawg!

why not check with Blizzard Technical Support and small claims court in California first before going for the national jugular?

hell doesn't Judge Judy have jurisdiction over inter-state commerce?

she could review this case so that Special Agent Fox Mulder can be left undisturbed... because having his mental energies taxed by this fluff will ultimately lead to our national demise... he needs to figure out where the aliens took his sister because they may eventually return for the rest of us!

Probably one of the funniest and most accurate retorts I've read in ages! Cheers! Allthumbsup

Entitlement became popular when Dr.Spock first started telling parents not to physically discipline their children.

What followed? Every kid that was physically disciplined called ‘the hotline’ on their parents and ended up with the power to put their own mother and father in jail because they were disobeying rules that were there for their benefit and safety in the first place. If I talked back to my dad he’d smack me with the buckle end of his belt… and you know what... I respect authority because of it and don’t expect everything to be handed to me on a proverbial silver platter. If I want something, I was taught to work for it and if I still don’t get it, I learned to work harder. I’m the COO of a company now and you wouldn’t believe the work ethics of anyone under 30... hell even the 30 year olds barely squeak by.

Now we have those same entitlement mentality kids old enough to have their own kids and wonder why little Johnny who is only 4 is eating Tide packets... Discipline your kids and they won’t be eating soap packets! Instead, what happens, they file a lawsuit against the manufacturer because the little soap packets are pretty and look like candy to kids... WTF is wrong with everyone. OK, maybe a bit off topic... lol.

This comment was edited on Jul 5, 2012, 19:53.

92. Re: Diablo III RMAH Issues Jul 4, 2012, 19:38 Josiah Gibbs

HorrorScope wrote on Jul 2, 2012, 10:00:
InBlack wrote on Jul 2, 2012, 08:35:
Someone mentioned the 'age of entitlement'. Well if that aint the truth.

Yep and being so greedy has led to more jobs and higher pay checks, oh wait, how can that be?

What many call "entitlement" is because corps with their policies and piss poor support lead them to pushing back themselves as these corps will just happily steam roll right over your rights IF YOU ALLOW THEM.

If these buyers are taking it too far, that is their discussion with the man and they will come to a conclusion one way or the other. For me to say a person that lost cash incorrectly doesn't have the right to stand up and say "Wait a minute" doesn't seem right at all. I bet if the deal either worked correctly from the start or when it was reported the man had the tools to trace it (most corps leave this programming tools out, I wonder why) and if there was a problem correct it immediately. I BET, I BET the customer would say thank you and move on. But NO, that is not what is happening, not even close, so the person uses their voice to make change. AKA the way it has always been in this country BY DESIGN. Take that away you might as well but shackles on us, they win, we lose. And you call that basic rigth entitlement like it's a bad thing.

yeah but bro, you just described the very definition of entitlement :p

"correct it immediately"! ...thats exactly the attitude that the word entitlement refers to in relation to customer support issues...

to take it to the level of the FBI without 48 hours having even passed is exactly what these cats are getting at dawg!

why not check with Blizzard Technical Support and small claims court in California first before going for the national jugular?

hell doesn't Judge Judy have jurisdiction over inter-state commerce?

she could review this case so that Special Agent Fox Mulder can be left undisturbed... because having his mental energies taxed by this fluff will ultimately lead to our national demise... he needs to figure out where the aliens took his sister because they may eventually return for the rest of us!

91. Re: Diablo III RMAH Issues Jul 4, 2012, 10:23 Luke

Jdrez wrote on Jul 3, 2012, 19:16:
The number of idiots in this thread is staggering.

1. It doesn't matter how much blizz gets sued, they have better lawyers.

2. They don't owe you anything.

3. The RMAH is a great idea because A. you can get your investment back, B. it's awesome making money doing something you'd do for free, C. purists are morons, D. not everyone thinks rpgs are srs bzness, E. it's never going away, neither is the DRM, all games will soon do this.

Get used to it or get a new hobby.

And blizz is not 'in trouble.' There's about 10 million bored WoW players who are going to play Titan when it comes out.

Idiots.

Well good for you..now in other news..today we saw...................

90. Re: Diablo III RMAH Issues Jul 4, 2012, 10:14 Verno

3. The RMAH is a great idea because A. you can get your investment back

Investment? An interesting choice of words. Honestly, I made about 4 times the cost of my Diablo 3 copy thanks to some pre-nerf chest farming but you know what? I'd much prefer they have that money and I have a deeper, more rewarding game to play. Once you are over the novelty of "oh wow I sold some idiot virtual items for real money" it's kind of pointless. It's not like it's going to replace your income stream and it cheapens parts of the game. For example I will never be able to take PvP seriously in Diablo 3, assuming it ever actually arrives.

Playing: Divinity Original Sin, Infamous Second Son, Madden
Watching: Spartan, Possible Worlds, The Changeling

89. Re: Diablo III RMAH Issues Jul 4, 2012, 02:27 Slippy

I agree... after reading post #87... I also see an idiot.  

88. Re: Diablo III RMAH Issues Jul 3, 2012, 19:26 Sepharo

You've convinced me.  

87. Re: Diablo III RMAH Issues Jul 3, 2012, 19:16 Jdrez

The number of idiots in this thread is staggering.

1. It doesn't matter how much blizz gets sued, they have better lawyers.

2. They don't owe you anything.

3. The RMAH is a great idea because A. you can get your investment back, B. it's awesome making money doing something you'd do for free, C. purists are morons, D. not everyone thinks rpgs are srs bzness, E. it's never going away, neither is the DRM, all games will soon do this.

Get used to it or get a new hobby.

And blizz is not 'in trouble.' There's about 10 million bored WoW players who are going to play Titan when it comes out.

Idiots.

86. Re: Diablo III RMAH Issues Jul 2, 2012, 20:18 Slippy

I read the original post on the guy that threw down $200.00 after changing regions and I do have to say that I feel his pain. I would assume Bliz will make it right with him (if for any other reason just to avoid the bad press)... but it got me thinking...

Wouldn't it be nice to just have a software developer tell it like it is? I think there would be a totally different attitude toward Blizzard if, during development, they had a really cool Community Manager that just said, "Why are we putting a Real Money Auction House in Diablo 3? Because there is a butt load of money to make and we think it would be an awesome additon to the game. If it doesn't work out and the community hates it? We'll shut it off. We'll make more than enough money in the short time that it IS up to cover the development costs so it will be a failed venture with no real monitary loss... nuff said."

Personally, I would respect that.

The Terms of Service should be just as straight forward...
"If you are planning to change regions, ensure your account balance is $0.00. Due to the possibility of money laundering though our system we can't allow account balances to transfer from one region to another... you have been warned! Don't do anything stupid like this!"

This comment was edited on Jul 2, 2012, 20:23.

85. Re: Diablo III RMAH Issues Jul 2, 2012, 13:51 DG

eunichron wrote on Jul 1, 2012, 17:53:
[lots of stuff]
Cheers, I don't go around on D3 forums or anything so hard to see what the base line is meant to be.

I was thinking I had half-decent gear (for the earliest entry-level into Inferno) but lacking in skillz, but those stats are way above mine, yeah I'm Barb. If I lose the gold find stuff I'm at, before powers:
8.3k dmg
25k HP
420/sec regen life
5.6% life steal
19% block chance
23% dodge chance
66% dmg reduction (armour)
~260 average resistances

Trouble is, trying to nudge those stats up on the AH costs insane gold. Even gear with lesser affixes at lvl60 costs 5x as much as my lvl56-58 stuff. To get real gear it's in the millions.

I only have 1.3m gold and sack loads of loot that isn't great so may or may not sell at all on the AH.

FWIW, putting back on the high GF gear my gold find on Hell goes to about 185% with 5 nephalem valour and it was definitely bringing in a ton more than I can do on Inferno. The basic gold drop doesn't seem to be noticeably higher in the early parts of Inferno yet in Inferno it's unrealistic to be able to get that nephalem stack going, and in Hell I can rip through everything in half the time and not die.

I'm thinking that whilst going for gold worked better than magic find up to lvl60, in the last bit of Hell the nephalem valour kicked in and suddenly rares drop like candy. Plus at these prices one decent Inferno drop would obliterate the gold found in the time?

My guess at this point is I'd probably have to farm Hell gold for a bit in order to make entry-level into Inferno, where I switch to farming for rares.

But I'm not sure I can be bothered coming home from work (which is really heavy-going at the moment) and doing that, and sure as shit I'm not going to hit the RMAH.

edit: also I think lag is a problem as yesterday I couldn't even kill a goblin. I had him down to a sliver of health then he ran off, stopped again, and even though I was mashing away at him, he opened his portal and buggered off.

84. Re: Diablo III RMAH Issues Jul 2, 2012, 13:30 Mr. Tact

RailWizard wrote on Jul 2, 2012, 10:58:
I'm sure there are many here that go all the way back to doom.
Uh, yeah -- probably a larger concentration of the old schoolers here than most anywhere you could go. I mean is site/forum is pretty old-school itself. And I love it -- Blue, please never change it!!!

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

83. Re: Diablo III RMAH Issues Jul 2, 2012, 11:13 RailWizard

Mr. Tact wrote on Jul 2, 2012, 10:14:
I actually read most of the comments in this topic, but I don't think I'll bother responding to anyone in particular. I did want to simply say that the first time I heard about the RMAH, my very first thought was "what a terrible idea". I never saw anything to change that opinion prior to the release of the game, and I still haven't. My second thought was it was likely bug abuse, scamming, and straight up farming would negatively impact the game. Unfortunately, it looks like those concerns have been realized and more.

When this game was announced I assumed I would be buying and playing it. As more and more information came out, my enthusiasm retreated. Eventually ending in a "maybe some day" approach. I suspect now that day will never come.

People I knew said the same thing about RMAH. I was more hopeful tho since it was never done before. Oh how I was wrong...

Other than that, d3 is a decent game, until you hit inferno at least. I have 140+ hours into my wizard. Also after hitting inferno you realize loot is pretty thin, which isn't so bad I guess, just means more farming, but that feels like work, not a fun game by that point.

The major problem with both AH's is the people. Like many games, say CoD, it's the crowd that brings it down. Cod is decent, but everyone either takes it too seriously, to the point of cheating to win, or they completely don't give a shit and are just there to grief people for their amusement out of sheer boredom. These people have always been around, but in earlier net days, there was a lot fewer of them, and they mostly stuck to CS. Now they seem to be the majority, and admins have either given up trying to run a clean server, or they one of 'them'.

82. Re: Diablo III RMAH Issues Jul 2, 2012, 10:58 RailWizard

InBlack wrote on Jul 2, 2012, 10:39:
at least have the decency to be considerate so the (really?) few of us who consider themselves oldchool pc gamers.

Yeah, why don't you then...or are you more oldschool than me? I'm sure there are many here that go all the way back to doom. I mean, I remember playing pong(not quite original, it was a modded version I think) at my uncles when I was a kid. Had a Vetrex(still have it), commodore64, etc. etc...

That was the wrong card to play for this crowd.

81. Re: Diablo III RMAH Issues Jul 2, 2012, 10:39 InBlack

Luke wrote on Jul 2, 2012, 10:05:
Someone mentioned the 'age of entitlement'. Well if that aint the truth. What the fuck, the guy loses 50$ and calls the FBI? He couldnt wait a few hours to hear back from customer support? A friend of mine got hacked and he got it sorted within 48 hours.

I understand the complaints about the AH and RMAH but complaining that the game is fucking impossibly hard at INFERNO and that its impossibly hard to find any itmes????

Jesus 'age of entitlement' is just about fucking right. Its because of retarded, spoiled assholes who expect everything on a silver platter, preferably while shitting in their adult diapers on their favorite couch in front of their easy-mode console that we get shovelware on the shelf these days instead of proper gaming.

Diablo, hard??? OH BOOHOO cry me a fucking river assholes. Go play some Mass Effect 3 on 'story' mode and keep up the good work.

tuff guy yeaaaahhhh tuff guy bought everything on the RMAH and run through diasko 3 like a hot knife in butter , sure peps are whiners sure they are Clown

Actually Im having a pretty brutal hard time in D3 which is exactly my point. I just managed to get to Act3 yesterday. At INFERNO The game is a challenge. Why would I want to change that, If I could beat Diablo tomorrow why would I want to keep playing??

I mean its because of the entitled whiners that they created the whole free respec no tree bullshit in the first place? Whats left? The item hunt, and the skill in staying alive.

Since everybody and their grandmother is taking a royal piss on this game, at least have the decency to be considerate so the (really?) few of us who consider themselves oldchool pc gamers.

I have a nifty blue line!

80. Re: Diablo III RMAH Issues Jul 2, 2012, 10:14 Mr. Tact

I actually read most of the comments in this topic, but I don't think I'll bother responding to anyone in particular. I did want to simply say that the first time I heard about the RMAH, my very first thought was "what a terrible idea". I never saw anything to change that opinion prior to the release of the game, and I still haven't. My second thought was it was likely bug abuse, scamming, and straight up farming would negatively impact the game. Unfortunately, it looks like those concerns have been realized and more.

When this game was announced I assumed I would be buying and playing it. As more and more information came out, my enthusiasm retreated. Eventually ending in a "maybe some day" approach. I suspect now that day will never come.

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

79. Re: Diablo III RMAH Issues Jul 2, 2012, 10:05 Luke

Someone mentioned the 'age of entitlement'. Well if that aint the truth. What the fuck, the guy loses 50$ and calls the FBI? He couldnt wait a few hours to hear back from customer support? A friend of mine got hacked and he got it sorted within 48 hours.

I understand the complaints about the AH and RMAH but complaining that the game is fucking impossibly hard at INFERNO and that its impossibly hard to find any itmes????

Jesus 'age of entitlement' is just about fucking right. Its because of retarded, spoiled assholes who expect everything on a silver platter, preferably while shitting in their adult diapers on their favorite couch in front of their easy-mode console that we get shovelware on the shelf these days instead of proper gaming.

Diablo, hard??? OH BOOHOO cry me a fucking river assholes. Go play some Mass Effect 3 on 'story' mode and keep up the good work.

tuff guy yeaaaahhhh tuff guy bought everything on the RMAH and run through diasko 3 like a hot knife in butter , sure peps are whiners sure they are Clown

78. Re: Diablo III RMAH Issues Jul 2, 2012, 10:00 HorrorScope

Someone mentioned the 'age of entitlement'. Well if that aint the truth.

Yep and being so greedy has led to more jobs and higher pay checks, oh wait, how can that be?

What many call "entitlement" is because corps with their policies and piss poor support lead them to pushing back themselves as these corps will just happily steam roll right over your rights IF YOU ALLOW THEM. Remember when MTV during the grunge years advertised the Music Revolution, music genre's fighting it out. Well we are in the middle of a Corp vs Citizen rights war at this point in our history, one side wants to become your government beyond reproach, one side wants you to compete with a communistic country with near slave labor rates. And then you come here trying to take the peoples right to voice away, pulleeze, you are your own worst enemy thinking your way.

If these buyers are taking it too far, that is their discussion with the man and they will come to a conclusion one way or the other. For me to say a person that lost cash incorrectly doesn't have the right to stand up and say "Wait a minute" doesn't seem right at all. I bet if the deal either worked correctly from the start or when it was reported the man had the tools to trace it (most corps leave this programming tools out, I wonder why) and if there was a problem correct it immediately. I BET, I BET the customer would say thank you and move on. But NO, that is not what is happening, not even close, so the person uses their voice to make change. AKA the way it has always been in this country BY DESIGN. Take that away you might as well but shackles on us, they win, we lose. And you call that basic rigth entitlement like it's a bad thing.

77. Re: Diablo III RMAH Issues Jul 2, 2012, 09:48 HorrorScope

eunichron wrote on Jul 1, 2012, 21:31:
I think you are overestimating the amount of pre-orders that games get. If you take a look at http://www.vgchartz.com/preorders/ it's fairly obvious. These are games that typically sell in the multi-million units. Diablo 3, last figure I heard, has sold 6 million units; it is on that chart with 97,261 pre-orders.

By demanding a refund. Almost every developer, that sells their titles directly, and digital distribution service has a refund policy of some sort. Blizzard's is 30 days for digital sales, no questions asked.

If I buy a game from Bethesda I know it's going to be chock full of bugs and issues at first, but 6 months to a year after release it will be in a good state (I'm actually playing through FO:NV this very moment, my first play through, for exactly that reason.

1. Is the sales charts you show like NPD data these days? 97,000 for Diablo 3 sounds extremely low.

2. Refunds are not quite as easy as you say. Blazzard wasn't that only for Korea? I have done some digital refunds, questions were asked via email chains each time. It is definitely not advertised and leveraging Credit Card chargebacks is your best ammo. All were within a couple days of buying and wouldn't chance a month. But if things have changed to make refunding game much easier, please enlighten.

3. You are overstating the buginess of their games imo. I've played their last 4 games without huge issues, not saying bug free, but their games are huge. D3 to Skyrim in scope is 1 to 100 (3 linear acts). Blizzard support is pretty good though compared to the norm. These patches they are putting out are a little different then what we typical get, these are patches to cover their ass, the rest of the games don't worry about these types of things for their game.

76. Re: Diablo III RMAH Issues Jul 2, 2012, 09:21 RailWizard

hmm what's all this?

This happened roughly two weeks ago. I call Blizz four times, and file a ticket once, and they tell me contacting them multiple times will not help the situation and that its being looked into. Nothing has happened after two weeks.

You owe me $50 for reading and quoting that for you. Pay up or else FBI! (actually guess that would be RCMP in my case..heh)

95 Replies. 5 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo