Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

etc.

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Re: etc. Jul 12, 2012, 11:18 Ant

I never got into JRPGs or any RPGs that require lots of readings. I hate reading.  

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Why Do People Care About JRPGs? Jul 1, 2012, 12:11 Sepharo

shinchan0s wrote on Jul 1, 2012, 09:50:
I used to play a lot too. Favorites are Earthbound, FF6, Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy Tactics. These days though I just can't get past the dumb character designs and juvenile stories. Sometimes, after playing one, I start wishing we dropped a third bomb on Tokyo (I kid!).

Neo Tokyo is an even weirder place.

5. Re: Why Do People Care About JRPGs? Jul 1, 2012, 09:50 shinchan0s

I used to play a lot too. Favorites are Earthbound, FF6, Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy Tactics. These days though I just can't get past the dumb character designs and juvenile stories. Sometimes, after playing one, I start wishing we dropped a third bomb on Tokyo (I kid!). I just stick to Mario and Zelda nowadays.  

4. Re: Why Do People Care About JRPGs? Jul 1, 2012, 09:34 Prez

I've played quite a few JRPG's - one could say "many" if you consider that I'm a PC gamer and almost none have made it to PC - but I still consider FF7 to be my favorite. The JRPG hardcore mostly deride that game for being the least substantial and made for the masses, but I found it to be the most charming and exciting by a pretty good margin. As with all JRPG's, you really have to like the genre and be able to tolerate all of the quirks and often bizarre philosophies that come with it.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

3. Re: Why Do People Care About JRPGs? Jul 1, 2012, 00:24 Kitkoan

Mental fluff for me. I play games to enjoy and have fun which JRPGs do. Most tend to be almost like a game on rails with enough sudo-free will to make it enjoyable. I don't need to think we're to go next since the options tend to be clean cut, quests just flow into each other and the level progress tends to be just as fluid (not always but most of the time). And with many of them being just enough over the top to add humor, like a Kill Bill and such.  

*automatically refuses to place horse heads in anyone's bed*

2. Why Do People Care About JRPGs? Jun 30, 2012, 18:22 Muscular Beaver

I have been asking that myself for 20 years.  

Oh that is so lame... You will PAY for your use of inappropriate dialogue!
- Mojo Jojo

1. JRPGs Jun 30, 2012, 18:10 jdreyer

I enjoyed FF VII. I played it for dozens of hours and almost made it to the end, which speaks volumes, b/c I never finish RPGs.  

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo