Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Expendables 2 Game Announced

Ubisoft announces Expendables 2, a video game tie-in with the upcoming action movie they are bringing to PC, Xbox LIVE Arcade, and PlayStation Network this summer. Here are some screenshots, and here's word:

Today Ubisoft announces the debut of The Expendables 2 Videogame. Based on the second installment in Lionsgate and Millennium Films’ phenomenal film franchise, the ultimate elite mercenary shooter is coming this Summer to PlayStation Network, Xbox LIVE Arcade for Xbox 360 entertainment system and PC. The Expendables 2 Videogame unites four of the world’s most legendary mercenaries—Barney Ross, Gunner Jensen, Hale Caesar and Yin Yang—in a feast of explosive, over-the-top action authentic to the Expendables franchise.

Building on the universe created in the high-octane, star-studded movies, The Expendables 2 Videogame invites gamers on an adventure to rescue an extremely valuable, kidnapped billionaire. It’s business as usual, until all hell breaks loose and the explosive mix of testosterone and kerosene detonates in a massive fireball that never lets up. The adventure concludes right where the new movie begins, creating a continuous story experience for fans of the Expendables’ hard-boiled brand of action.

Players can join up to three friends locally and online to experience all-out action in cinematic, close-quarter combat or while controlling an arsenal of vehicles in exotic locations including Somalian deserts, Burmese jungles, and more, and fans looking to compete for bragging rights can play through several challenges for the top spots on leaderboards.

View
16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

16. Re: Expendables 2 Game Announced Jun 30, 2012, 12:57 siapnar

I predict a 2.8 score on metacritic.  

I have projectile dysfunction.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

15. Re: Expendables 2 Game Announced Jun 29, 2012, 09:27 McSterls

dj LiTh wrote on Jun 29, 2012, 03:54:
not even Chuck Norris could save this game

...or the movie

14. Re: Expendables 2 Game Announced Jun 29, 2012, 08:51 nin

Slashman wrote on Jun 28, 2012, 22:54:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 28, 2012, 22:20:
Even better, I never heard of the Expendables and can you call 1 movie a franchise? .. I only barely remember something about a rambo knock-off with stallone, but is that this? , so this is a movie tie I have no idea what it even ties into.

Maybe I ought to rent the movie heh... imdb rating 6.. meh

It's a flat-out action flick for guys with the same kind of vibe of most classic action flicks. If you like explosions and violence, you could do a whole lot worse.

I kinda liked it. I think the 6 on imdb is mostly from people expecting some sort of profound dramatic story. It was a decent movie that does what it set out to do. That's basically it.

It wasn't bad. Not great, but if you knew what you were getting into, it was ok. I'll probably check out the second one just to see poor Ah-nold stumble around the screen...

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

13. Re: Expendables 2 Game Announced Jun 29, 2012, 03:54 dj LiTh

not even Chuck Norris could save this game  

12. Re: Expendables 2 Game Announced Jun 29, 2012, 03:52 Reactor

I wasn't expecting much from the movie but actually really enjoyed it. I'm looking forward to the second, but I doubt I'll be hanging out for the game.  

11. Re: Expendables 2 Game Announced Jun 29, 2012, 03:49 Sho

That's the one I thought this one would be a sequel to, heh. Expendable was bundled with tons of graphics cards back in the day because it had pretty fancy technology for its time.  

10. Re: Expendables 2 Game Announced Jun 29, 2012, 03:41 Kajetan

Panickd wrote on Jun 28, 2012, 20:31:
Wait, what? Was there an "Expendables" 1 game?
No, but there was this: http://www.gog.com/gamecard/expendable
Very entertaining arcade shooter.

9. Re: Expendables 2 Game Announced Jun 28, 2012, 22:54 Slashman

eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 28, 2012, 22:20:
Even better, I never heard of the Expendables and can you call 1 movie a franchise? .. I only barely remember something about a rambo knock-off with stallone, but is that this? , so this is a movie tie I have no idea what it even ties into.

It's a flat-out action flick for guys with the same kind of vibe of most classic action flicks. If you like explosions and violence, you could do a whole lot worse.

I kinda liked it. I think the 6 on imdb is mostly from people expecting some sort of profound dramatic story. It was a decent movie that does what it set out to do. That's basically it.

8. Re: Expendables 2 Game Announced Jun 28, 2012, 22:34 RailWizard

I'm going to take a dump. Who's going to make the video game based on it?  

7. Re: Expendables 2 Game Announced Jun 28, 2012, 22:20 eRe4s3r

6. Re: Expendables 2 Game Announced Jun 28, 2012, 22:16 DarkCntry

nin wrote on Jun 28, 2012, 22:12:
DarkCntry wrote on Jun 28, 2012, 21:58:
Agent.X7 wrote on Jun 28, 2012, 21:54:
I wonder if anyone has really ever thought "ALL RIGHT! ANOTHER MOVIE TIE IN GAME! I LOVE THOSE!"

Depends on the game, the demographic, and the style...there are a couple that are pretty decent, alas, most people here are too old and don't have kids to enjoy them themselves.

More often than not, it's about getting the product out the door in time to match the movie release. Quality is sacrificed in the name of a tie in/quick buck. And sadly, people keep buying them...

Considering the movie is out in like August and this is just now announced, and shipping "this summer"? Yeah, that'll end well...

That's the caveat though, when publishers are pitching a product to coincide with the release of another. Most often you would get the red flag to stay away from tie-ins like that, but to lump them all together isn't the right view.

5. Re: Expendables 2 Game Announced Jun 28, 2012, 22:12 nin

DarkCntry wrote on Jun 28, 2012, 21:58:
I wonder if anyone has really ever thought "ALL RIGHT! ANOTHER MOVIE TIE IN GAME! I LOVE THOSE!"

Depends on the game, the demographic, and the style...there are a couple that are pretty decent, alas, most people here are too old and don't have kids to enjoy them themselves.

More often than not, it's about getting the product out the door in time to match the movie release. Quality is sacrificed in the name of a tie in/quick buck. And sadly, people keep buying them...

Considering the movie is out in like August and this is just now announced, and shipping "this summer"? Yeah, that'll end well...

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

4. Re: Expendables 2 Game Announced Jun 28, 2012, 21:58 DarkCntry

3. Re: Expendables 2 Game Announced Jun 28, 2012, 21:54 Agent.X7

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

2. Re: Expendables 2 Game Announced Jun 28, 2012, 20:33 Cutter

Mickey Rourke's scene from the first one showed why the man is such a fantastic actor!

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

1. Re: Expendables 2 Game Announced Jun 28, 2012, 20:31 Panickd

Wait, what? Was there an "Expendables" 1 game? I mean besides CoD and it's spawn. And I think "star-studded" may be a bit hyperbolic. Getting the geriatric action guys together again (with a few younger ass kickers for good measure) does not equal "star-studded". Maybe if it had been made in the eighties.... you know, when all their egos wouldn't have allowed it.  

16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo