Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Diablo III Hotfix Improves High-End Drops

Battle.net now offers a list of hotfixes for Diablo III dated today (thanks Chris). The new server-side update addresses some bugs and increases the rate of high-end item drops for Acts III and IV in Hell difficulty and the entirety of Inferno difficulty. Here are the new approximate drop rates:

Items

• The drop rates for high-end items (items level 61-63) have been increased for Acts III and IV of Hell difficulty and Acts I IV of Inferno difficulty:
    • The new approximate drop rates are as follows:
      • Hell Act III and Act IV
        • iLvl 61: 9% to 13.9%
        • iLvl 62: 1.9% to 3.45%
        • iLvl 63: 0% (no change)
      • Inferno Act I
        • iLvl 61: 17.7% to 23.9%
        • iLvl 62: 7.9% to 12.6%
        • iLvl 63: 2.0% to 4.8%
      • Inferno Act II
        • iLvl 61: 18.6% to 23.3%
        • iLvl 62: 12.4% to 18.6%
        • iLvl 63: 4.1% to 9.3%
      • Inferno Act III and Act IV
        • iLvl 61: 24.1% to 27.1%
        • iLvl 62: 16.1% to 21.7%
        • iLvl 63: 8.0% to 16.3%

Bosses

• Bosses are now guaranteed to drop at least 1 Rare item for players with 4 stacks of Nephalem Valor and at least 2 Rare items for players with 5 stacks of Nephalem Valor

View
34 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

34. Re: Diablo III Hotfix Improves High-End Drops Jun 29, 2012, 06:49 InBlack

Asmo wrote on Jun 28, 2012, 17:44:
Too little too late to interest me in purchase.. If I want to farm ad infinitum, I'll play a MMO...

Sure....but be prepared to pay a MONTHLY fee or for some serious P2W items with real money, which really arent that expensive. NO really.

I have a nifty blue line!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

33. removed Jun 29, 2012, 05:50 topmywatch777

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Jun 29, 2012, 08:00.

32. Re: removed Jun 29, 2012, 05:00 Luke

rist3903 wrote on Jun 28, 2012, 23:48:
I am enjoying this game a lot and looking forward to this patch. Blizzard will get their shit together eventually, it will just take time.

That being said, 1.03 introduced some pretty horrible stuttering loading lag on movement for me and I would appreciate it if they got around to fixing that sooner rather than later.

And for that AHRPG that you hope will get its shit together you payed 60$ Clown

31. Re: removed Jun 29, 2012, 01:31 UttiniDaKilrJawa

After another limited time to actually play this game and after another spectacular fubar'd server with 1300 ping I decided to utilize my own 'hotfix' to improve my high end drops.

'Uninstall'

Problem solved.

30. Re: removed Jun 28, 2012, 23:48 rist3903

I am enjoying this game a lot and looking forward to this patch. Blizzard will get their shit together eventually, it will just take time.

That being said, 1.03 introduced some pretty horrible stuttering loading lag on movement for me and I would appreciate it if they got around to fixing that sooner rather than later.

29. Re: removed Jun 28, 2012, 23:22 RollinThundr

Krovven wrote on Jun 28, 2012, 20:32:
So you are ok with him calling people weirdos for looking up items, but I can't call him a dipshit for his comment?

Keep up the bullshit Blue.

Do you camp outside Blizzard employees houses looking for their autographs or some shit? Let it go. Not everyone puts Blizzard up on some holy pedestal like you do.

28. Re: removed Jun 28, 2012, 21:34 Dades

Krovven wrote on Jun 28, 2012, 20:32:
So you are ok with him calling people weirdos for looking up items, but I can't call him a dipshit for his comment?

This isn't your personal blog to act out on, shape up or ship out.

27. Re: Diablo III Hotfix Improves High-End Drops Jun 28, 2012, 21:22 D4rkKnight

It is kind of sad how bad the legendary items are, how random they are. I won't play this game because they are probably going to fix this and that means any item drops before these patches will not be retroactively "enhanced".

Once they fix their stupid items I will try it again.

26. Re: removed Jun 28, 2012, 20:32 Krovven

25. removed Jun 28, 2012, 19:53 Krovven

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Jun 28, 2012, 20:09.

24. Re: Diablo III Hotfix Improves High-End Drops Jun 28, 2012, 19:46 eunichron

Luke wrote on Jun 28, 2012, 17:15:
Verno wrote on Jun 28, 2012, 13:25:
Sorry, the ship has already sailed...this whole "let's tweak the game a million times" got old in WOW, and it's not any more welcome here.

Good changes are always welcome, that's really close minded and petty. The boss thing is just a reversion of a previous nerf but the other changes are great and the drop rates are generous.

I think Blizzard is finally listening to feedback and reason. Between these changes, the Natalya set bonus thing and Bashioks post about having a general new design focus I am really hopeful the game is moving in a good direction finally.

moving in a good direction finally
That could have been done before release ! , it only shows they don't have any direction what so ever with this Way to early release
And even charge full price for it.
Tho the funny part is peps forget very very quickly what shitty compagny they are , "just throw in some nerfs and better drops , then the gamers will get back to us and praise us once again"
Peps are sooo easy
Pixels over peps

wut

23. Re: Diablo III Hotfix Improves High-End Drops Jun 28, 2012, 19:24 jacobvandy

Optional nickname wrote on Jun 28, 2012, 17:44:
the entire DB is known? that's news to me.. if that is a fixed case, then i regress about Blizzard nerfing items down.

now why do people play to get known items for? is my next question..

Just because some weirdo found his way into the database files to see the list of item types (it's not a list of ALL items, many properties are randomly generated AFAIK), doesn't mean everybody who plays has read through it. Though really the only things on that list that would matter are legendaries or other uniques, which I definitely have not done any research on because I wouldn't want to spoil the surprise if I ever found one.

22. Re: Diablo III Hotfix Improves High-End Drops Jun 28, 2012, 18:50 xXBatmanXx

Asmo wrote on Jun 28, 2012, 17:44:
Too little too late to interest me in purchase.. If I want to farm ad infinitum, I'll play a MMO...

?

Must not have played D2 eh?

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

21. Re: Diablo III Hotfix Improves High-End Drops Jun 28, 2012, 17:53 Julio

Wonder if they're noticing a loss in playtime from the playerbase. Too little, too late.  

20. Re: Diablo III Hotfix Improves High-End Drops Jun 28, 2012, 17:44 Optional nickname

the entire DB is known? that's news to me.. if that is a fixed case, then i regress about Blizzard nerfing items down.

now why do people play to get known items for? is my next question..

19. Re: Diablo III Hotfix Improves High-End Drops Jun 28, 2012, 17:44 Asmo

18. Re: Diablo III Hotfix Improves High-End Drops Jun 28, 2012, 17:15 Luke

Verno wrote on Jun 28, 2012, 13:25:
Sorry, the ship has already sailed...this whole "let's tweak the game a million times" got old in WOW, and it's not any more welcome here.

Good changes are always welcome, that's really close minded and petty. The boss thing is just a reversion of a previous nerf but the other changes are great and the drop rates are generous.

I think Blizzard is finally listening to feedback and reason. Between these changes, the Natalya set bonus thing and Bashioks post about having a general new design focus I am really hopeful the game is moving in a good direction finally.

moving in a good direction finally
That could have been done before release ! , it only shows they don't have any direction what so ever with this Way to early release
And even charge full price for it.
Tho the funny part is peps forget very very quickly what shitty compagny they are , "just throw in some nerfs and better drops , then the gamers will get back to us and praise us once again"
Peps are sooo easy
Pixels over peps

17. Re: Diablo III Hotfix Improves High-End Drops Jun 28, 2012, 17:01 Lokust

I barely even made it to the second act before I stopped playing. I would get bored and doze off at the computer :/  

16. Re: Diablo III Hotfix Improves High-End Drops Jun 28, 2012, 16:26 Wowbagger_TIP

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jun 28, 2012, 16:13:
Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Jun 28, 2012, 16:04:
Haven't played D3 beyond the demo, so I have no Inferno experience. How does it compare to the endgame plans for Path of Exile? Is Inferno any fun? Is there any variety to it, and does it change much?

http://www.pathofexile.com/news/2012-06-26/dev-diary-maps

Inferno... is a frustrating experience, imo. Diablo 3 is fun for non-AH users from Normal to Hell mode, while Inferno requires some SERIOUS farming time and/or possible Auction House use, after Act 1. Still, a bit of a challenge is probably better than no challenge at all, and Act 1 Inferno is doable with purely dropped/crafted gear, I know this from personal experience. With the drop rate increases as listed in this thread, I can conceivably farm Act 1 Inferno enough to progress through the rest of the Inferno Acts.

Path of Exile... I played the closed beta, it seems entirely too boring to me to play long term. Still, it's only beta, maybe the game will improve, and they at least seem to have SOME plan for end game, even if it is sort of ripped off from Torchlight 1. I am definitely going to be keeping an eye on PoE, but currently it's a worse experience overall than Diablo 3, in my opinion.

Still, there are more choices coming out for the Hack and Slash crowd:

Grim Dawn, Lineage: Eternal, Torchlight 2, and as you mentioned, Path of Exile. Grim Dawn and TL2 seem promising to me.
I got bored with PoE a while back too. Then they ratcheted up the challenge a couple patches back and introduced more characters and skills, which actually made a pretty big difference. Of course playing only Act I and most of II repeatedly can get old. When they finally add in the story elements and the other acts, I think that will help too.

I played the TL2 beta, but it didn't really grab me like I hoped. Have to see what it looks like when they release. They are supposedly going to be changing the skill tree stuff, which I found terribly boring. I think they should continue the beta after those changes, but apparently they don't agree.

I contributed for Grim Dawn, so definitely looking forward to that one.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

15. Re: Diablo III Hotfix Improves High-End Drops Jun 28, 2012, 16:13 MoreLuckThanSkill

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Jun 28, 2012, 16:04:
Haven't played D3 beyond the demo, so I have no Inferno experience. How does it compare to the endgame plans for Path of Exile? Is Inferno any fun? Is there any variety to it, and does it change much?

http://www.pathofexile.com/news/2012-06-26/dev-diary-maps

Inferno... is a frustrating experience, imo. Diablo 3 is fun for non-AH users from Normal to Hell mode, while Inferno requires some SERIOUS farming time and/or possible Auction House use, after Act 1. Still, a bit of a challenge is probably better than no challenge at all, and Act 1 Inferno is doable with purely dropped/crafted gear, I know this from personal experience. With the drop rate increases as listed in this thread, I can conceivably farm Act 1 Inferno enough to progress through the rest of the Inferno Acts.

Path of Exile... I played the closed beta, it seems entirely too boring to me to play long term. Still, it's only beta, maybe the game will improve, and they at least seem to have SOME plan for end game, even if it is sort of ripped off from Torchlight 1. I am definitely going to be keeping an eye on PoE, but currently it's a worse experience overall than Diablo 3, in my opinion.

Still, there are more choices coming out for the Hack and Slash crowd:

Grim Dawn, Lineage: Eternal, Torchlight 2, and as you mentioned, Path of Exile. Grim Dawn and TL2 seem promising to me.

34 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo