Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Metaverse

View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 11, 2012, 10:37 Ant

Sepharo wrote on Jul 11, 2012, 10:27:
The few times that I've hit the cap nothing has come of it. Not even a letter.

edit: Was just looking at my usage history on their site and noticed this bit:

Note: enforcement of the 250GB data consumption threshold is currently suspended.
Oh nice. Enjoy it while it lasts.

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 11, 2012, 10:27 Sepharo

The few times that I've hit the cap nothing has come of it. Not even a letter.

edit: Was just looking at my usage history on their site and noticed this bit:

Note: enforcement of the 250GB data consumption threshold is currently suspended.

10. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 11, 2012, 10:05 Ant

Sepharo wrote on Jun 29, 2012, 02:13:
I've actually had excellent service with Comcast over the decade that I've used them. Support, reliability, and speeds. I tend to chalk that up to my region I guess because all I ever hear is bitching from elsewhere.
Are you Comcasters enjoying its caps?

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

9. Re: Morning Metaverse Jun 29, 2012, 02:13 Sepharo

I've actually had excellent service with Comcast over the decade that I've used them. Support, reliability, and speeds. I tend to chalk that up to my region I guess because all I ever hear is bitching from elsewhere.  

8. Re: Morning Metaverse Jun 29, 2012, 01:59 Jivaro

Sepharo wrote on Jun 28, 2012, 20:05:
I had to go through multiple layers of "Are you sure?" and "They're cheaper together" and being put on hold before I could get my standalone internet from Comcast.

Every 6 months or so I call them up and threaten to cancel. They give me whatever the latest promo is for inet+VOIP. Keeps the bill between 30-40 dollars a month depending on the promo I catch provided I remember to call around the same time the previous promo ends. I think they know some people do that and are fine with it. They are just banking that most people won't...and they are right. Their customer service has yet to actually fix a problem for me, so I can't really say anything "good" about it other then they were polite. My area has random times where the internet temporarily cuts out, like a 2 or 3 block area. They have known about it for at least 6 months, and there have been many complaints from and my neighbors, but nothing has changed.

I steer clear of the cable TV part of the package. I prefer DirecTV just in general, but I want it to be a separate service for now. I don't want my internet AND my TV going out at the same time. I would have to go outside or see people or....something..and that...yeah..I don't want to think about it.

7. Re: Morning Metaverse Jun 29, 2012, 01:48 jimnms

I pay about $110 a month for basic cable and the "standard" internet, which is 12Mbps down 512Kbps up. The "enhanced" internet package is 16Mbps down and 2Mbps up, but it's almost twice the price. They do offer stand-alone internet for an extra fee.

I looked up my ISP's services while typing this and noticed they're advertising MB instead of Mb. I think I might call them and complain that I'm only getting 1.5MB when I'm supposed to be getting 12MB. Sneaky

I'm considering switching to AT&T U-verse. Last time I checked their prices and services, for the same price I pay for basic cable TV & internet, I could get a 300 channel digital package with DVR and 18Mbps down 2Mbps up internet. I don't need 300 channels, but there is one channel on that tier that I want, but I'm not going to pay for those other channels I'll never watch just for that one. I also don't want to get locked into a proprietary DVR. Right now I'm using my home-made HTPC.

Steam Profile

6. Re: Morning Metaverse Jun 28, 2012, 20:05 Sepharo

I had to go through multiple layers of "Are you sure?" and "They're cheaper together" and being put on hold before I could get my standalone internet from Comcast.  

5. Re: Morning Metaverse Jun 28, 2012, 16:54 nin

My bill is 120 dollars a month - 70 for Internet and 50 for VOIP.

That's about what I pay.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

4. Re: Morning Metaverse Jun 28, 2012, 16:48 xXBatmanXx

Prez wrote on Jun 28, 2012, 15:59:
My bill is 120 dollars a month - 70 for Internet and 50 for VOIP. I asked them via email why they don't have a discount package for Internet and phone like they do for TV and Internet and the response I got essentially stated that it was unfathhomable to them that anyone wouldn't want their over-priced TV service.

They said that if I bundled all 3 my price per month would actually go down because of the discount. My next bill was $17 a month higher. I cancelled and sent another scathing email, refusing to pay because I was guaranteed in writing that it would be lower. It's hard to think of a more incompetent, consumer unfriendly company than Comcast. That execrebale company should pay me $800,000 just having to put up with them since they have a monopoly on my area and no one has a viable alternative for high speed Internet. Why isn't the Fed looking into that?

Yea, we shall see how it goes when I call them today. Might have DSL by next week.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

3. Re: Morning Metaverse Jun 28, 2012, 15:59 Prez

My bill is 120 dollars a month - 70 for Internet and 50 for VOIP. I asked them via email why they don't have a discount package for Internet and phone like they do for TV and Internet and the response I got essentially stated that it was unfathhomable to them that anyone wouldn't want their over-priced TV service.

They said that if I bundled all 3 my price per month would actually go down because of the discount. My next bill was $17 a month higher. I cancelled and sent another scathing email, refusing to pay because I was guaranteed in writing that it would be lower. It's hard to think of a more incompetent, consumer unfriendly company than Comcast. That execrebale company should pay me $800,000 just having to put up with them since they have a monopoly on my area and no one has a viable alternative for high speed Internet. Why isn't the Fed looking into that?

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

2. Re: Morning Metaverse Jun 28, 2012, 11:26 xXBatmanXx

Cutter wrote on Jun 28, 2012, 10:50:
$800k for an $84B company sounds like a minor slap on the wrist. I suspect it might be more profitable to be a repeat offender. Compare that to the $899M levied on MSFT by the EU in the news today, as an example of a non-toothless penalty.

The FCC is a joke.

Yes, yes they are. My current Comcast broadband only bill is 68.95 a month. I guess I will be calling and asking for a free years worth of service....

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

1. Re: Morning Metaverse Jun 28, 2012, 10:50 Cutter

$800k for an $84B company sounds like a minor slap on the wrist. I suspect it might be more profitable to be a repeat offender. Compare that to the $899M levied on MSFT by the EU in the news today, as an example of a non-toothless penalty.

The FCC is a joke.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo