Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Legal Briefs

View
13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

13. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jul 11, 2012, 10:03 Ant

ASeven wrote on Jun 30, 2012, 13:23:
InBlack wrote on Jun 29, 2012, 07:30:
The real douches here is the fucking corrupt system you have in place who preach that information is paramount to legal tender and that copyright infringement is cardinal sin that should be punished in the 9th circle of hell.

So the guy made money by hosting servers. Big fucking deal. Pirates who eat crumbs out of Hollywoods silver platter should be burned at the stake. Ok great. Lets go and burn some more witches again. At least they made pacts with the devil...

And slowly but surely this world is turning into a fucking police state, using the most unlikely of tools to shut people up, copyright law.

There's a reason the Pirate Party is now close to being the fourth biggest party in Germany, fifth in Austria and so on. Young people are tired old, antiquated dinosaurs ruling the world with draconian fists.

Anyone who wanted for Kim to be arrested using these terrible tactics that the US tried to employ here is part of the problem.
We need to get off Earth!

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 30, 2012, 13:23 ASeven

InBlack wrote on Jun 29, 2012, 07:30:
The real douches here is the fucking corrupt system you have in place who preach that information is paramount to legal tender and that copyright infringement is cardinal sin that should be punished in the 9th circle of hell.

So the guy made money by hosting servers. Big fucking deal. Pirates who eat crumbs out of Hollywoods silver platter should be burned at the stake. Ok great. Lets go and burn some more witches again. At least they made pacts with the devil...

And slowly but surely this world is turning into a fucking police state, using the most unlikely of tools to shut people up, copyright law.

There's a reason the Pirate Party is now close to being the fourth biggest party in Germany, fifth in Austria and so on. Young people are tired old, antiquated dinosaurs ruling the world with draconian fists.

Anyone who wanted for Kim to be arrested using these terrible tactics that the US tried to employ here is part of the problem.

11. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 29, 2012, 07:30 InBlack

I have a nifty blue line!

10. removed Jun 29, 2012, 06:05 topmywatch777

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Jun 29, 2012, 07:58.

9. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 28, 2012, 22:30 RailWizard

Feel a need to elaborate. Megaupload was the best filehost out there IMO. Then it got taken down and I spazzed. Then I found out who was running it...

So yeah, happy to see Kimble eat a giant bowl of shit, legal or not. OTOH, yes it's a bad precedent, and I deff hate the **IAA's and the Gov's that hungrily take their money and give back power.

If it was anyone but that douchebag, I'd be all the way on the right side of this. The guy could be worse, but I wouldn't be aware of it.

Anyway, I say we just lock up all parties involved, and I mean all.

8. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 28, 2012, 22:02 nin

Well now your douche is going to go free because of a bunch of elitists who think they are above the law assumed the rule of law is optional.

Hell yes. Preach on, Brother Prez! These bozos representing the prosecution have no one to blame but themselves.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

7. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 28, 2012, 21:43 Prez

I mean, people were talking about this case and disregarding due process, even questioning those who knew about how it works and now due process bites the US prosecutor right in the ass.

Nothing in this case was done even the least bit according to law because Dotcom is such a douche, blah blah blah. Well now your douche is going to go free because of a bunch of elitists who think they are above the law assumed the rule of law is optional. Idiots.

I'm all for going after douches (when do we get started on Congress?) but do it right or don't fucking bother. The laws exist for a goddamned reason.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

6. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 28, 2012, 19:32 Zarkonis

Find one in Russia, see if the Justice Department has the balls to try it on anyone there. I know of two.  
Slow and steady might not win the race at first, until you shoot everyone ahead of you.

5. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 28, 2012, 18:04 eRe4s3r

Megaupload system to delete files on request was nearly instant, that is a big huge WTF given that now we now have 4 dozen new filehosters who don't give a damn about copyright takedown requests for many days, some even ignore them outright. They have some limitations for free users now that did not exist with MU, but that doesn't stop anyone.

It seems the only thing this did is scatter the filehosters

4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 28, 2012, 16:15 Wowbagger_TIP

RailWizard wrote on Jun 28, 2012, 14:37:
..and MegaDouche goes free. Tho MU is still toast, and he must have a killer legal bill....so torn on all this heh.

Being a douche will never be illegal, because, well, look who makes the laws... I'm glad that this case came down in his favor, because the alternative is just much much worse for everyone.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 28, 2012, 14:37 RailWizard

..and MegaDouche goes free. Tho MU is still toast, and he must have a killer legal bill....so torn on all this heh.  

2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 28, 2012, 13:31 ASeven

Well, apparently the illegal guys in the MU case were the US govt. Who would have said? I mean, people were talking about this case and disregarding due process, even questioning those who knew about how it works and now due process bites the US prosecutor right in the ass.  

1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 28, 2012, 10:59 Cutter

A surpisingly shallow and fluffy article for Ars. Where are the downsides and negative impacts here? You know if the big telcos and cable co's are for it it's damn sure not for the "peoples" benefit.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo