Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

The mild temperatures this week are to give way to a little more heat today, but the forecast calls for low humidity. Out of all the possible combinations of weather one can experience in the northeast, temps in the 90s and humidity in the 50s is about as unusual as it gets... To my experience, both earthquakes and tornados have occurred more frequently.

R.I.P.: 'My Three Sons' big brother Don Grady dies at 68.

Dry Links: Thanks Ant and Acleacius.
Play: Gemollection - Players Pack.
Simple Motions 2.
Links: The 5 Weirdest Changes George Lucas Ever Made To The Original Star Wars Trilogy.
Stories: "Game of Thrones" Third Season News. Thanks nin.
Images: Portal's Chell (Done in the Style of Norman Rockwell).
Flag taken!
Media: New York City Subway Stairs Are Trippy.
Guy Climbs Building Frame and Something Unexpected Happens.
A Crane Lifting a Crane, Lifting a Crane, Lifting a Crane.

View
32 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

32. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 29, 2012, 20:48 Sepharo

jimnms wrote on Jun 29, 2012, 17:26:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Jun 29, 2012, 10:26:
Ya,, I guess our sensitivity is way to high for helo flying, but they say to use the mouse - but I didn't use the mouse in Desert Combat either - I would use kb only...might have to try that.

Tutorial vids for vehicles and helos say it is super hard, no noobs allowed....so I guess I just have to practice. heheheheh

I flew the helicopters in Desert Combat with a mouse and was damn good at it. It must not be working for me in Ravaged. I tried several times and no matter how I moved the mouse it always rolled to the same side and exploded. I even tried just lifting straight up without touching the mouse and it does the same thing.

Few people I played against yesterday were already pretty damn good with it... Super fast and very accurate shooting. But I'm pretty good on the AA rocket, got some hits even with a screen wide lead.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

31. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 29, 2012, 17:26 jimnms

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jun 29, 2012, 10:26:
Ya,, I guess our sensitivity is way to high for helo flying, but they say to use the mouse - but I didn't use the mouse in Desert Combat either - I would use kb only...might have to try that.

Tutorial vids for vehicles and helos say it is super hard, no noobs allowed....so I guess I just have to practice. heheheheh

I flew the helicopters in Desert Combat with a mouse and was damn good at it. It must not be working for me in Ravaged. I tried several times and no matter how I moved the mouse it always rolled to the same side and exploded. I even tried just lifting straight up without touching the mouse and it does the same thing.

MeanJim on Steam

30. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 29, 2012, 15:33 jdreyer

Cool, thanks Nin. I started the DL.  

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

29. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 29, 2012, 10:26 xXBatmanXx

jimnms wrote on Jun 29, 2012, 03:42:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Jun 29, 2012, 00:24:
Yea dude, game is going to be a blast. Forums are pretty active on issues, but most people are all having the same issues, so I am pretty sure they will fix em ASAP.

Crashed the helo in about 4 seconds! hahahaha

I played for a bit last night. It needs a lot of work, but has potential. I couldn't figure out the damn helicopters. I guess you can't fly with the mouse, because no matter what I did it just flipped over and crashed. It took me a while to realize the AA missiles don't lock on or track their target. They're basically the same way they were in Desert Combat, they fly straight so you have to lead the target and they explode if it gets within a certain radius of a target. Vehicle handling is weird, and the lack of mouse look while driving them sucks.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

28. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 29, 2012, 03:42 jimnms

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jun 29, 2012, 00:24:
Yea dude, game is going to be a blast. Forums are pretty active on issues, but most people are all having the same issues, so I am pretty sure they will fix em ASAP.

I played for a bit last night. It needs a lot of work, but has potential. I couldn't figure out the damn helicopters. I guess you can't fly with the mouse, because no matter what I did it just flipped over and crashed. It took me a while to realize the AA missiles don't lock on or track their target. They're basically the same way they were in Desert Combat, they fly straight so you have to lead the target and they explode if it gets within a certain radius of a target. Vehicle handling is weird, and the lack of mouse look while driving them sucks.

MeanJim on Steam

27. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 29, 2012, 03:26 Hoop

Kosumo wrote on Jun 29, 2012, 02:10:
Now aproprate that it was AMI stadium then, AMI the Insurance company was under insured too and got gap funding from the goverment.

We can also be thankful it's only stupidity & not overt serious corruption that's been the result of all the fallout.

Um .. Behind you...

26. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 29, 2012, 02:10 Kosumo

Now aproprate that it was AMI stadium then, AMI the Insurance company was under insured too and got gap funding from the goverment.  

25. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 29, 2012, 01:28 Hoop

@ nin no tornados here thankfully.

@ Kosumo well Im still in disbelief the council did'nt have full cover on a newly built stadium to start with, now we all pay. Imagine rolling up to the council asking for money to rebuild your not fully insured private home, ha! the bastards would laugh you out of their million dollar offices.

Um .. Behind you...

24. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 29, 2012, 00:24 xXBatmanXx

Sepharo wrote on Jun 29, 2012, 00:10:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Jun 28, 2012, 23:38:
what is going on here...

Was trying to say I am waiting for Steam sale too...meanwhile, the Ravaged Beta is being fired up.....

Wow this game is FAST!!!!!

Contacting their support since I haven't got my key yet. I think my Kickstarter emails might be going to my old college account that I don't have access to since I logged in with Facebook.

edit: Nevermind I do have access to that account and it is hilariously full of Facebook and Kickstarter notices... Looks to be about 200 from the Space Quest guys

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.

23. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 29, 2012, 00:10 Sepharo

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jun 28, 2012, 23:38:
what is going on here...

Was trying to say I am waiting for Steam sale too...meanwhile, the Ravaged Beta is being fired up.....

Contacting their support since I haven't got my key yet. I think my Kickstarter emails might be going to my old college account that I don't have access to since I logged in with Facebook.

edit: Nevermind I do have access to that account and it is hilariously full of Facebook and Kickstarter notices... Looks to be about 200 from the Space Quest guys

This comment was edited on Jun 29, 2012, 00:17.

22. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 28, 2012, 23:38 xXBatmanXx

what is going on here...

21. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 28, 2012, 22:05 nin

jdreyer wrote on Jun 28, 2012, 21:55:
nin wrote on Jun 28, 2012, 13:36:
Man! Where the hell is my steam summer sale?! I need to add another 20-30 unplayed games to my list, pronto!

Heh, bought L.A. Noire last night for $5. No idea if I'll ever play it, but I love the concept.

It's not a bad game at all. The ending was a bit weak, but as a whole, I found it very enjoyable. Play a case a night (IE don't try and blow through the entire game on a single binge) and even with it's flaws, I think you'll like it.

edit: And if you find yourself replaying missions, feel free to try different things. Small changes happen as you make choices...as an example, (if I remember right, it's been awhile), there was a case where you were supposed to spy on a guy and get info. I did this, and went to the next location. A friend of mine got too close and the guy bolted, resulting in a car chase...

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

20. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 28, 2012, 22:02 jdreyer

Cutter wrote on Jun 28, 2012, 17:15:
Holy shit check out how tough this phone is!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F92CvRflk18

OMG. That is impressive. I've seen so many people with shattered iphone screens. If all companies made phones like this, it would save a lot of grief.

I have to say I'm impressed with my Samsung Infuse, though. I obviously haven't subjected it to this kind of torture, but toss it in my pocket with my keys, or my pack with the bike pump and wrenches, and the glass is without a scratch after a year and a half.

19. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 28, 2012, 21:56 jdreyer

Cutter wrote on Jun 28, 2012, 16:42:
Sony Ericsson Xperia Active

New phone I bought today. This thing is cool. It's waterproof for up to an hour! You can use the screen with wet hands. It's dust proof. Has a built in compass, barometer, gps, etc. It's shatter resistant. In short it's the perfect outdoor phone and for those of us in hospitality. Should be getting in a week or so.
Give us an update in about a month as to how well it works?

18. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 28, 2012, 21:55 jdreyer

nin wrote on Jun 28, 2012, 13:36:
Man! Where the hell is my steam summer sale?! I need to add another 20-30 unplayed games to my list, pronto!

Heh, bought L.A. Noire last night for $5. No idea if I'll ever play it, but I love the concept. It's strange how I buy so many games, but continue to return to a few favorites when it's time to wind down: I have 100-200 hours each in Oblivion, Supreme Commander, Defense Grid, Battlefield 2, and a few others. Just started Skyrim, so that will be my RPG fix.

17. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 28, 2012, 20:21 nin

The Half Elf wrote on Jun 28, 2012, 19:14:
Same thing that happens when you leave the wifi on after midnight...

Gremlins?! Fuck!

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

16. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 28, 2012, 20:11 Sepharo

Those must be the same stairs in Dead Island.  

15. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 28, 2012, 19:14 The Half Elf

Same thing that happens when you leave the wifi on after midnight...  

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

14. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 28, 2012, 18:25 Bet

PHJF wrote on Jun 28, 2012, 17:07:
New phone I bought today. This thing is cool. It's waterproof for up to an hour!

Ummmmmm... what happens after an hour?
Probably means the owner has left it in the toilet.

13. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 28, 2012, 17:55 Kosumo

nin wrote on Jun 28, 2012, 17:13:
No tornados though ... not yet anyway.

Do you get a lot of those? We tend to have more than our share here in the midwest (of the US).

On behalf of Hoop, I would say that I don't think the south island gets tornados, just an over run of hobbit extras and cold snow falls, with the odd gumboot throwing contest.

Whats your thought's on what should happen with a new stadium Hoop's? - I don't wanta see big money ($250 million plus) spend anytime soon (6-10 years) on a new covered stadium that will only compete with the Otago one while there still no city center.

That kind of money could do a lot good but I'm sure there will be calls to use it to build soon (Heard John Key talking new stadium over last weekend)

32 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo