Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Max Payne 3 DLC Next Month

Rockstar Games announces Local Justice, the first DLC pack for Max Payne 3, is coming to the console editions of the third-person shooter sequel on July 3rd and to the PC edition on July 17th, saying season pass owners will also receive all the game's prerelease DLC on those dates as well. Since this is a delay from plans to release the multiplayer map pack this month, this will be offered at a discount to start:

The Local Justice Pack, the first downloadable content pack for Max Payne 3, will be available on July 3rd for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, with the PC version launching on July 17th. This pack includes three new maps for Max Payne 3 Multiplayer featuring areas from the game’s intense final chapters, plus a new weapon, a new item, a new multiplayer faction and associated new Achievements, Trophies or Social Club accomplishments.

• 55th Battalion HQ map for all game modes
        • The Imperial Palace and Departure Lounge maps for Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch and Payne Killer
        • Light Fingers Item for faster looting
        • M4 Assault Rifle with attachments
        • São Paulo Police Faction with related avatar customization options

Since the Local Justice Pack was originally announced to release in June, we're making it available during launch week for a discounted price of 480 Microsoft Points (Xbox LIVE) or $5.99 on PSN and PC as a show of appreciation for your patience, after which point it will return to its normal price of 640 Microsoft Points (Xbox LIVE) or $7.99 on PSN and PC. Of course, if you purchased the Max Payne 3 Rockstar Pass you'll receive the pack free of charge. The Rockstar Pass is currently available for 2400 Microsoft Points (Xbox LIVE) or $29.99 on PSN and PC.

View
25 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

25. Re: Max Payne 3 DLC Next Month Jul 1, 2012, 06:27 Jerykk

Fair enough. I skipped his earlier posts.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

24. Re: Max Payne 3 DLC Next Month Jun 30, 2012, 10:55 Sepharo

Jerykk wrote on Jun 30, 2012, 03:23:
You spout so much nonsense that I almost want to believe that you're trolling.

He's already directly said that he is (post 21) but yet you all keep taking the bait.

23. Re: Max Payne 3 DLC Next Month Jun 30, 2012, 03:23 Jerykk

Then come to me and tell me i'm talking shit? Back in our day sonny, We wrote all the code, 1 person, wrote the client and the server, and the game, and the engine, and the tools, the logic, the puzzles, the drivers, etc etc, and guess what.. The games worked, and we made mistakes on hardware and guess what.. we sat there and we fixed it.

If you did all those things by yourself, I have to assume that you made games in the '80s. Games are generally a lot more complex these days and that's from a technical standpoint. If you honestly believe that a game like The 7th Guest required more programming knowledge than a game like Max Payne 3, you are retarded. 7th Guest was an FMV game. It didn't even have physics or real-time 3D rendering. You spout so much nonsense that I almost want to believe that you're trolling.

Also, where did you get that job listing from? Which developer? A link would be great.

22. Re: Max Payne 3 DLC Next Month Jun 28, 2012, 20:13 Closed Betas

Beamer wrote on Jun 28, 2012, 17:37:
Closed Betas wrote on Jun 27, 2012, 23:34:
It there a real developer left on this planet? If not, please ship out to mars.

Wait, so if no "real" developers are left on this planet, who should ship out to Mars?
- The developers, because they're fake?
- Techie714, because he's the one you were addressing but somehow has no control over whether all the developers currently in existence on earth are real or not?
- You, because hopefully it has real developers, unlike this planet?

No, you assume wrong again on a typo. Its ship ME, please!

When was the last time you ever seen a game programmer job for hire?

There are no more game programmers. The industry has become a game production system. The term developer is weak.I don't think when you take a game, and have no other task then production of models, story, animation, and slap it together on some engine with a pathetic scripting system can earn you right to be called a developmer.

Lets take a look at google for game programmer.
Here is what becomes of it.. Nope, no one looking for a programmer, but wait here's a job.. Oh its for a Senior Game Integration Engineer.. LOFL. Lets read what its about...

"We're looking for a Senior Game Integration Engineer who loves to explore cutting edge technologies and take on technical challenges involving scaling and performance optimization. The Senior Game Integration Engineer will work with back end web developers to define appropriate client interfaces for online services, build client libraries for those services and work with our company's internal game development studios to incorporate online functionality. A background shipping games on multiple platforms is required. This person will collaborate with the game studios to learn and contribute to new codebases quickly and efficiently."

Great job, so basically if you want to be a game programmer, you come here, sit on your ass all day, building a framework for some 3rd party company who resells that aspect of the game engine to a publisher funding a bunch of IP owners... Sorry your not even making a game, your making a pathetic system some other can tap into.

Ever wonder why your dam game comes out broken as shit? And why it takes 6 months to fix it? Yeah, you're waiting for a bunch of suits to compile a list of broken shit to pass down to 3rd party hired morons to hack up their trash and make it work any way possible.

How the hell can you have a game company with no programmers?!?
Then come to me and tell me i'm talking shit? Back in our day sonny, We wrote all the code, 1 person, wrote the client and the server, and the game, and the engine, and the tools, the logic, the puzzles, the drivers, etc etc, and guess what.. The games worked, and we made mistakes on hardware and guess what.. we sat there and we fixed it.

Take a look at classic games like 7th Guest. and look what a real developer was... Sorry, back then when games were GAMES. Not a bunch of stupid suits with cash, trying to pump out more cash, hiring a bunch of fruits with stories and special effects thrown together in a trash consolized engine that barely navigate a join game lobby.
Yeah when you see those sad menus whent rying to join a game.. Guess what, thats a scripter they hired in 3 days to make that... 3 whole days they spent on you and your join... 5 years to model animations, 3 days to a scripter (not a programmer) to make a menu.. and call themselves devs lol.. No the real programmers left long ago.. Kudos to all you coders out there, dont go back!

21. Re: Max Payne 3 DLC Next Month Jun 28, 2012, 19:55 Closed Betas

spindoctor wrote on Jun 28, 2012, 17:33:
Closed Betas wrote on Jun 28, 2012, 08:43:
We can actually... use our intelligence

Then why do you show absolutely no sign of intelligence in your posts?

Not sure why you call yourself the spin doctor.. You obviously can't even comprehend text, so why you need to spin it? See, your mind is at fault from start, it's weak. You can't comprehend negativity because your weak. So therefore the second you sense it, you've gone into attack mode. You are not interested in spinning anything, your interested in attacking it (any negativity you read, to insult it) .. Which is ironic, because your attacking negativity with negativity. Which is why you will now have to go to insults... Unfortunately, I know your weak type, and thus I'll troll you. Because you will leave from being tired in short time, and I will strengthen. I already even know your next pathetic steps, you are what is known as a antiwhiner. We know your entire traits and patterns by now.. You will attempt belittle me, make assumptions in masses, correct my graymer ) and investigate who I am to try to come up with some sling... or post a lolcat picture to derail or create a set of clones to try to strengthen your stance on me while you try to buff up and play this MMO game in chat, for something that you didn't take the time to comprehend in the first place which, is your fault.

Lighten up man, you may soon realize someone you don't respect can teach you something you don't understand. I've been down this road time and time again... Awareness can't be taught, only comprehended

20. Re: Max Payne 3 DLC Next Month Jun 28, 2012, 17:37 Beamer

It there a real developer left on this planet? If not, please ship out to mars.

Wait, so if no "real" developers are left on this planet, who should ship out to Mars?
- The developers, because they're fake?
- Techie714, because he's the one you were addressing but somehow has no control over whether all the developers currently in existence on earth are real or not?
- You, because hopefully it has real developers, unlike this planet?

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

19. Re: Max Payne 3 DLC Next Month Jun 28, 2012, 17:33 spindoctor

Closed Betas wrote on Jun 28, 2012, 08:43:
We can actually... use our intelligence

Then why do you show absolutely no sign of intelligence in your posts?

Some of the most miserable and unhappy gamers on the planet are at Bluesnews

18. Re: Max Payne 3 DLC Next Month Jun 28, 2012, 08:43 Closed Betas

Techie714 © wrote on Jun 28, 2012, 00:47:
DDI wrote on Jun 27, 2012, 23:40:
Closed Betas,

Please go fuck yourself. You don't speak for all PC gamers.

Oh Snap! Shocked LOL

Funny he lashes out, most of the weak do...

Here's the truth... Us real PC enthusiasts don't call ourselves gamers anymore.. There is a clear difference, Since you twats want to call yourself gamers... We now call ourselves PC "Players". Unlike you, we can actually use the keyboard, we actually have dexterity, we actually can learn, and get better, we don't need comic books and story telling to aid us thru our pathetic lives. We can actually compete in a real action and use our intelligence , we don't need to be submerged in a story of what its like to be an actually functioning human. We have no shame, for we are not the weak, we are the player.

In a nutshell, We PLAY our games... we don't let them play us..
Have fun gamer.

17. Re: Max Payne 3 DLC Next Month Jun 28, 2012, 08:33 xornand

Techie714 © wrote on Jun 27, 2012, 22:34:
this one is all about the story!
lol
So far one of the best games I've played this year.
oh really?
*I've not played Mass Effect 3 yet*
rofldeeerplol Party

16. Re: Max Payne 3 DLC Next Month Jun 28, 2012, 08:25 space captain

thiss game was weak  
Go forth, and kill!

15. Re: Max Payne 3 DLC Next Month Jun 28, 2012, 08:12 xornand

Content surely worthy of a spin down ye olde toilet. Flush whoosh!

This comment was edited on Jun 28, 2012, 08:42.

14. Re: Max Payne 3 DLC Next Month Jun 28, 2012, 04:53 spindoctor

In case anyone is curious, here are the details of the 7 map packs they're going to release for the game

13. Re: Max Payne 3 DLC Next Month Jun 28, 2012, 04:53 spindoctor

double post sorry.  

12. Re: Max Payne 3 DLC Next Month Jun 28, 2012, 04:38 eRe4s3r

To even call this a game is an insult to games, more unskippable cutscene crap than game. I am sure if you actually time it, there is a 2:1 ratio cutscene to game. This ain't a game, it's a visual novel with a minigame attached. Terribly, TERRIBLE story telling.  

11. Re: Max Payne 3 DLC Next Month Jun 28, 2012, 04:08 durandal

I enjoyed it very much, but then I started my second play through and realized that I cannot skip the most of cut-scenes. It's such a buzz kill.  

10. Re: Max Payne 3 DLC Next Month Jun 28, 2012, 01:49 Wowbagger_TIP

spindoctor wrote on Jun 28, 2012, 00:08:

I'd really like to see some more single player DLC I can careless about the MP part of the game...

I enjoyed the game too. Unfortunately, there won't be any single player DLC at all. They've already detailed out what the DLC packs are going to be, and apart from one, they're all multiplayer related. The one that isn't is called the New York minute co-op pack which kind of sounds interesting, but that's it.

Lame. I couldn't care less about multiplayer.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

9. Re: Max Payne 3 DLC Next Month Jun 28, 2012, 00:47 Techie714 ©

DDI wrote on Jun 27, 2012, 23:40:
Closed Betas,

Oh Snap! Shocked LOL

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

8. Re: Max Payne 3 DLC Next Month Jun 28, 2012, 00:14 Sepharo

spindoctor wrote on Jun 28, 2012, 00:08:

I'd really like to see some more single player DLC I can careless about the MP part of the game...

I enjoyed the game too. Unfortunately, there won't be any single player DLC at all. They've already detailed out what the DLC packs are going to be, and apart from one, they're all multiplayer related.

What? Nooooo...

7. Re: Max Payne 3 DLC Next Month Jun 28, 2012, 00:08 spindoctor

I enjoyed the game too. Unfortunately, there won't be any single player DLC at all. They've already detailed out what the DLC packs are going to be, and apart from one, they're all multiplayer related. The one that isn't is called the New York minute co-op pack which kind of sounds interesting, but that's it.

Why do you interactive movie clowns come to the PC and destroy it?
The PC is for playability and modding. Telling us straight up this game is about the story? No this interactive story sells you by faking itself as a game.. GO back to your console and take this trash with you.. It there a real developer left on this planet? If not, please ship out to mars.
This has to be the most obnoxious post I have read in a long time. And for Bluesnews, that's saying something.

6. Re: Max Payne 3 DLC Next Month Jun 27, 2012, 23:40 DDI

Closed Betas,

25 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo