Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Evening Mobilization

View
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

10. Re: Evening Mobilization Jun 28, 2012, 13:27 nin

avianflu wrote on Jun 28, 2012, 12:02:
also I would wait for the next gen kindle fire before picking anything, since that will be announced any day now.

That's my plan!

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: Evening Mobilization Jun 28, 2012, 12:02 avianflu

also I would wait for the next gen kindle fire before picking anything, since that will be announced any day now.  

8. Re: Evening Mobilization Jun 28, 2012, 12:00 avianflu

no SD slot makes it a total no-go for me, but the specs are otherwise great for the price.  

7. Re: Evening Mobilization Jun 28, 2012, 02:00 Crustacean Soup

Jay wrote on Jun 28, 2012, 01:30:
If I didn't have a tablet already I'd order one in a heartbeat. By far the most impressive thing about it is its low low price, despite using seemingly hi-quality components.

Also... 7" sounds a tad too small. All the demos they showed so far were done in portrait orientation, which is suitable for smaller form factors like this. I just hope Google isn't going to recommend or mandate portrait presentation for app developers going forward, because that's definitely not my preferred way to hold tablets.

Considering that most 10" Android tablets seem to be 16:9 and traditionally held landscape, I really doubt that's going to happen. Most apps support both right now, I don't see that stopping.

6. Re: Evening Mobilization Jun 28, 2012, 01:30 Jay

If I didn't have a tablet already I'd order one in a heartbeat. By far the most impressive thing about it is its low low price, despite using seemingly hi-quality components.

Also... 7" sounds a tad too small. All the demos they showed so far were done in portrait orientation, which is suitable for smaller form factors like this. I just hope Google isn't going to recommend or mandate portrait presentation for app developers going forward, because that's definitely not my preferred way to hold tablets.

5. Re: Evening Mobilization Jun 28, 2012, 00:07 Kitkoan

The Half Elf wrote on Jun 27, 2012, 22:23:
Any thoughts on the Google Tablet?

With all the newer Android phones being almost 5 inches, it renders a seven inch tablet pretty useless to me. The phones are big enough for gaming (and with me more then my current tablet) but would be too small to use for reading and movies (what my tablet does).

But it's to each their own. My girlfriend want's one though, not interested in the ten inch tablets.

*automatically refuses to place horse heads in anyone's bed*

4. Re: Evening Mobilization Jun 27, 2012, 23:48 Alamar

I've been looking at 7" tabs a bunch this last month or so... I really wanted an 'iPad Mini', but it wasn't announced... Might be come Oct/Nov, but I don't want to wait...

So the Samsung Galaxy II was in the running... But the Nexus announced today has more power... And either less cost, or more memory for the same cost...

However, it is missing out on some nice to have'ities... Back facing camera (which I would have really liked), an SD slot, an HDMI slot (which I was looking forward to)...

Some of the Jellybean (Android 4.1) features will be nice... And apparently, you can add all your music (pirated or otherwise) to your library, and it gets linked to the cloud (Sounds like they're doing what megaupload did, but legit), so if you're never without wifi, you don't need much storage (or the SD; I'm assuming this is their 'argument' for not including it).

I bought the 16GB model, though a friend (a real Android fan) suggested the 8, partially for what I said above... I want the option of throwing some movies on there as needed though...

Also, it comes with a $25 'card' for google play (apps, movies, music, etc), and the latest Transformers movie, a book (I forgot which), and some magazines...

-Alamar

3. Re: Evening Mobilization Jun 27, 2012, 22:56 Crustacean Soup

I really prefer a 10" tablet. I have a 10" HP Touchpad, and I've had a Kindle Fire (bought used, resold for what I paid for it). The screen difference is big in practice. If I really need portability, I have my smart phone.  

2. Re: Evening Mobilization Jun 27, 2012, 22:30 nin

Yeah - "Your move, Amazon."

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

1. Re: Evening Mobilization Jun 27, 2012, 22:23 The Half Elf

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo