Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Ghost Recon: Future Soldier PC Issues

The Ubisoft Forums and Steam Forums both have threads on issues with the just released PC edition of Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier. There are mentions of screen resolution glitches and multiplayer connectivity issues, but the main complain seems to be from users having problems with WASD/mouse movement. For its part, here's what Ubisoft has to say about all this: "The team continues to work hard, improving the game experience, supporting the title and listening to the feedback. There are multiple updates planned over the life of the game and here is some additional information on to what exactly each type of update contains: http://ghost-recon.ubi.com/gr-portal...t=tcm:6-231-32. We'll try to keep you posted as much as possible regarding the future updates. See details for the day-one update here: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...rmation-Forums." Thanks VG247.

View
28 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

28. Re: Ghost Recon: Future Soldier PC Issues Jun 28, 2012, 04:31 xornand

Pure Shit Flush  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

27. Re: Ghost Recon: Future Soldier PC Issues Jun 27, 2012, 19:00 Wowbagger_TIP

Watched some Guerilla mode vids, and it looks kind of lame really. You have one stealth round for every 10 rounds where you basically secure a new "base" to defend. Then the next 9 rounds have you defending it against an ever-increasing number of enemies who will come from all sides. You have a little time to re-arm after each wave, but there's no Gunsmith available in that mode to customize your weapons, so you're just stuck with what you get from the re-arm crates. That was a dumb decision IMO.

It seems to just get very hectic very quickly and you're just trying to cover all sides at once as they try to come in all the various entrances. Not a lot of fun really. I'd rather see a pure stealth mode where I can try to take out a whole area without setting off an alarm. Maybe it's fun co-op, but I don't play multi much, and there isn't any matchmaking anyway apparently.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

26. Re: Ghost Recon: Future Soldier PC Issues Jun 27, 2012, 18:41 smg77

Darks wrote on Jun 27, 2012, 12:29:
All I know is this. If people continue to bitch and complain about the pc games. Even though the game does feel a bit consolish, but itís not as bad as some would have you believing. If the bitching continues, we wonít have any pc games to bitch about. They will stop making them just like this game almost didnít come to the pc.

If companies don't want to make money there's nothing we can do to stop them. I, for one, am not going to put up with broken crappy console ports just because they might stop making more broken crappy console ports.

25. Re: Ghost Recon: Future Soldier PC Issues Jun 27, 2012, 17:32 Prez

I thought Ubisoft only released Silent Hunter games in this state. Who knew?  

ďThe greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.Ē
- Mahatma Gandhi

24. Re: Ghost Recon: Future Soldier PC Issues Jun 27, 2012, 17:29 Crustacean Soup

Darks wrote on Jun 27, 2012, 17:19:
go read this one from Rage3D. pretty good one and sums the game up very well.

www.rage3d.com/articles/gaming/ubisoft_ghost_recon_future_soldier_tech_review/

Dark
So in summary: looks pretty, no dedicated servers, consolized UI. That's not much of a review, it doesn't really sum the game up at all (though it is on Rage3D, they weren't aiming for a review review).

23. Re: Ghost Recon: Future Soldier PC Issues Jun 27, 2012, 17:19 Darks

Verno wrote on Jun 27, 2012, 15:52:
Aero wrote on Jun 27, 2012, 14:44:
So, other than that, is it any good? For some reason, largely due to boredom and some cash to burn, I decided I was going to buy either this or Spec Ops (knowing full well neither was going to be particularly good) and the couple reviews I read pushed me towards Spec Ops and it is so far, as I expected, good enough for me to play and have some fun with, but very thoroughly mediocre in the grand scheme of things.

There's a good bet I'll end up buying this one eventually too though, because there really isn't much in the way of upcoming action games for the PC until winter. It's just a question of how soon.

I haven't really read any reviews on it or been following the game either. I'm curious what any owners of the game have to say about how it measures up. Is it basically Call of Duty Recon or is there squad gameplay and such?

go read this one from Rage3D. pretty good one and sums the game up very well.

www.rage3d.com/articles/gaming/ubisoft_ghost_recon_future_soldier_tech_review/

Dark

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

22. Re: Ghost Recon: Future Soldier PC Issues Jun 27, 2012, 16:45 Trevellian

Verno wrote on Jun 27, 2012, 15:52:
So, other than that, is it any good? For some reason, largely due to boredom and some cash to burn, I decided I was going to buy either this or Spec Ops (knowing full well neither was going to be particularly good) and the couple reviews I read pushed me towards Spec Ops and it is so far, as I expected, good enough for me to play and have some fun with, but very thoroughly mediocre in the grand scheme of things.

There's a good bet I'll end up buying this one eventually too though, because there really isn't much in the way of upcoming action games for the PC until winter. It's just a question of how soon.

I haven't really read any reviews on it or been following the game either. I'm curious what any owners of the game have to say about how it measures up. Is it basically Call of Duty Recon or is there squad gameplay and such?

It's... Ghost of Duty. It has the big budget backdrops and action sequences of a Call of Duty campaign. But it still has the open endedness of a Ghost game where there are a few routes even in a smaller areas like a camp to decide how you want to tackle things. Some parts of missions require not sounding alarms so your only way to really tackle those areas are complete silence and not dropping a dead body next to a guy long enough for him to alert anyone (i.e. you can mark 4 targets, each squadmate takes 1, but if there is an extra 5th guy you still have time to tag him out before he can call for help if you're quick)

It also has the customizability of Ghost Recon's guns. I can't say there are anywhere near as many guns as say, the original R6 or Ghost Recon games. But there are plenty... 30ish? maybe. 5 or 6 of each Shotgun/SMG/LMG/Assault Rifle/Sniper Rifle/PDW/Pistol.... so maybe closer to 35? I guess that actually is a decent number.

The AI isn't your classic standard point and click RTS style squadmate placement. They are actually fairly intelligent and if you're marking targets that have to be taken down silently they will move into position in a way that keeps them hidden etc. They aren't retarded and don't run out into the open. In all fairness I've died far... far more times, than the AI squadmates have by doing stupid things myself. Fortunately they can rez you once or twice before you're completely dead.

All in all me and my buddies have been enjoying it COOP very much. It's a fun game.

Just a little Edit to add. It has a mode called Guerilla mode as well. Which is an objective based "Wave" mode with 50 waves. Where every 10 waves you have to secure a new HQ and defend it for the next 10 waves. You get "Wave Bonuses" every 5 waves, like maybe an airstrike or a helicopter to call in (Really not sure what they all are as we haven't put much time into it yet, trying to finish the campaign first) as well as supply drops between some waves to replenish claymores/grenades/possibly switch weapons. Seems fun so far.

This comment was edited on Jun 27, 2012, 17:07.

For the Republic
-C22 Waterson of Planetside 2/Tahyang in ArcheAge

21. Re: Ghost Recon: Future Soldier PC Issues Jun 27, 2012, 15:52 Verno

Playing: Alien Isolation, Legend of Grimrock 2, Super Mario 3D World
Watching: A Good Marriage, The Knick, Gotham

20. Re: Ghost Recon: Future Soldier PC Issues Jun 27, 2012, 15:27 xXBatmanXx

So, other than that, is it any good? For some reason, largely due to boredom and some cash to burn

Steam Summer Camp sale probably starts this weekend - FYi....

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

19. Re: Ghost Recon: Future Soldier PC Issues Jun 27, 2012, 15:25 xXBatmanXx

OMG SUE THEM BRING THEM TO COURT STORM THEIR KOREAN OFFICES! GIVE REFUNDS THIS IS BS!!!!

....oh sorry...thought that was the stance we were taking on all new games that have problems. Guess I still have a D3 hangover....

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

18. Re: Ghost Recon: Future Soldier PC Issues Jun 27, 2012, 14:44 Aero

17. Re: Ghost Recon: Future Soldier PC Issues Jun 27, 2012, 13:45 theyarecomingforyou

Darks wrote on Jun 27, 2012, 12:23:
Donít know about that. I have had zero issues with the resolution, or the WASD and mouse movement. So far the game has run pretty flawless and been a lot of fun. So no complaints from me. I personally am enjoying this game a lot.
I was basing it off this technical review.

All I know is this. If people continue to bitch and complain about the pc games. Even though the game does feel a bit consolish, but itís not as bad as some would have you believing. If the bitching continues, we wonít have any pc games to bitch about. They will stop making them just like this game almost didnít come to the pc.
Nonsense. When a port is done well - like Alan Wake - you don't see people bitching about the port. There were complaints about the delay but they were 100% justified. Just look at Far Cry 2 - people might have bitched about the gameplay but most people agreed that the port was well done and the PC version was hands down better than any of the console versions.

So yes, I'm perfectly happy to complain about shit games with shoddy ports because if they never get made then I've lost nothing and if it means we end up with better PC ports then we ALL win. Developers need to take the PC port seriously. Just look at Skyrim - excellent game with an excellent PC port (it had some minor issues at launch but they were all patched out). It wouldn't both me in the slightly if this console-arcadey insult to tactical games never made it to PC. It WOULD bother me if they decided to make a true sequel to Rainbow Six and cancelled that.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

16. Re: Ghost Recon: Future Soldier PC Issues Jun 27, 2012, 13:39 Axis

Trevellian wrote on Jun 27, 2012, 11:43:
*shrug* I've always been a huge Ghost Recon fanboy. Had this preordered, along with 3 buddies for the Campaign COOP.

That being said. We haven't run into any of the problems other people are having. With the exception of No Crossfire/SLI Support (It causes flickering) which is easily turned off.

We haven't had a single issue with WASD and Mouse. So we can't complain. Game runs great, and it has been a lot of fun coop. My keyboard works perfectly fine. Not saying others aren't having problems but it's not as wide spread as the Ubi-Haters would have you believe.

Ill second this post and sign it. Same goes for me and my friends so far. I think people just like hearing themselves bitch is all.

I can say without a doubt I was happy as hell when they finally announced this game for the pc. I was at E3 when they showed of f the game two years ago. And it was stated then, that there would be no pc port. I was pissed and started my boycotting of UBI, but they have done well to this point by backing off their drm stance. So I will support them if this case. Plus having Coop is always a good thing.

I'm all for less shitty console ports and more solid PC targeted games. So please, keep bitching!

If we don't hold developers to our standards, we'll have no ground to stand on when every game 'plays better with an xbox controller'.

We just don't care to play every tom, dick and harry game made. Develop a solid PC one and we'll buy it in droves. Make a shitty port type and please do us a favor and stick to consoles -- Honestly, we won't miss you one bit!

Yours truly,

Axis

15. Re: Ghost Recon: Future Soldier PC Issues Jun 27, 2012, 13:23 Dmitri_M

lmao  

14. Re: Ghost Recon: Future Soldier PC Issues Jun 27, 2012, 12:58 Darks

Dmitri_M wrote on Jun 27, 2012, 12:57:
snip
You're the reason the GR and R6 series have gone to shit.

yea, whatever jackoff!!

13. Re: Ghost Recon: Future Soldier PC Issues Jun 27, 2012, 12:57 Dmitri_M

snip
You're the reason the GR and R6 series have gone to shit.

12. Re: Ghost Recon: Future Soldier PC Issues Jun 27, 2012, 12:29 Darks

Trevellian wrote on Jun 27, 2012, 11:43:
*shrug* I've always been a huge Ghost Recon fanboy. Had this preordered, along with 3 buddies for the Campaign COOP.

That being said. We haven't run into any of the problems other people are having. With the exception of No Crossfire/SLI Support (It causes flickering) which is easily turned off.

We haven't had a single issue with WASD and Mouse. So we can't complain. Game runs great, and it has been a lot of fun coop. My keyboard works perfectly fine. Not saying others aren't having problems but it's not as wide spread as the Ubi-Haters would have you believe.

Ill second this post and sign it. Same goes for me and my friends so far. I think people just like hearing themselves bitch is all.

I can say without a doubt I was happy as hell when they finally announced this game for the pc. I was at E3 when they showed of f the game two years ago. And it was stated then, that there would be no pc port. I was pissed and started my boycotting of UBI, but they have done well to this point by backing off their drm stance. So I will support them if this case. Plus having Coop is always a good thing.

11. Re: Ghost Recon: Future Soldier PC Issues Jun 27, 2012, 12:23 Darks

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Jun 27, 2012, 12:14:
Apparently the game only works in 16:9, which means if you have a 16:10 monitor you'll have black bars at the top and bottom. It also has no dedicated servers and the interface is apparently straight from the console version.

So Ubisoft put in some effort but it still gets an C- overall.

Donít know about that. I have had zero issues with the resolution, or the WASD and mouse movement. So far the game has run pretty flawless and been a lot of fun. So no complaints from me. I personally am enjoying this game a lot.

10. Re: Ghost Recon: Future Soldier PC Issues Jun 27, 2012, 12:18 MajorD

StingingVelvet wrote on Jun 27, 2012, 10:31:
Yet another game I am happy to wait a few months for so it's fixed and cheaper. I was the most die-hard day-one game purchaser in the world for years but these companies have finally taught me to wait and give them less.

Yup, I am right there with you; less money and less aggravation.

I have plenty of games in my library to keep me busy until the new game releases have been on the market for a while and drop from $59.99 to $20.00 and less. But, I don't think I have any interest in this title whatsover.

9. Re: Ghost Recon: Future Soldier PC Issues Jun 27, 2012, 12:14 theyarecomingforyou

Apparently the game only works in 16:9, which means if you have a 16:10 monitor you'll have black bars at the top and bottom. It also has no dedicated servers and the interface is apparently straight from the console version.

So Ubisoft put in some effort but it still gets an C- overall.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

28 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo