Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Ghost Recon: Future Soldier PC Issues

The Ubisoft Forums and Steam Forums both have threads on issues with the just released PC edition of Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier. There are mentions of screen resolution glitches and multiplayer connectivity issues, but the main complain seems to be from users having problems with WASD/mouse movement. For its part, here's what Ubisoft has to say about all this: "The team continues to work hard, improving the game experience, supporting the title and listening to the feedback. There are multiple updates planned over the life of the game and here is some additional information on to what exactly each type of update contains: http://ghost-recon.ubi.com/gr-portal...t=tcm:6-231-32. We'll try to keep you posted as much as possible regarding the future updates. See details for the day-one update here: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...rmation-Forums." Thanks VG247.

View
28 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

8. Re: Ghost Recon: Future Soldier PC Issues Jun 27, 2012, 11:43 Trevellian

*shrug* I've always been a huge Ghost Recon fanboy. Had this preordered, along with 3 buddies for the Campaign COOP.

That being said. We haven't run into any of the problems other people are having. With the exception of No Crossfire/SLI Support (It causes flickering) which is easily turned off.

We haven't had a single issue with WASD and Mouse. So we can't complain. Game runs great, and it has been a lot of fun coop. My keyboard works perfectly fine. Not saying others aren't having problems but it's not as wide spread as the Ubi-Haters would have you believe.

This comment was edited on Jun 27, 2012, 11:51.

For the Republic
-C22 Waterson of Planetside 2
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Ghost Recon: Future Soldier PC Issues Jun 27, 2012, 11:41 SpectralMeat

StingingVelvet wrote on Jun 27, 2012, 10:31:
Yet another game I am happy to wait a few months for so it's fixed and cheaper. I was the most die-hard day-one game purchaser in the world for years but these companies have finally taught me to wait and give them less.

Same here, not to mention the huge backlog of games I already own but have no time to play, and the imminent Steam Summer sale.
I will probably pick this up for $5 or $10 down the road.

Steam: SpectralMeat

6. Re: Ghost Recon: Future Soldier PC Issues Jun 27, 2012, 11:41 Wallshadows

Keyboard...how quaint.

It says on your chart that you're fucked up. Ah, you talk like a fag, and your shit's all retarded.

5. Re: Ghost Recon: Future Soldier PC Issues Jun 27, 2012, 11:18 Donkey_Punch

UBI is infamous for abandoning their unfinished games. Potentially good games ruined by unpatched bugs is their motto.  

4. Re: Ghost Recon: Future Soldier PC Issues Jun 27, 2012, 11:11 theyarecomingforyou

At least it's nothing serious. It's not like you need WASD and mouse support to play the game or anything... oh wait. Wall  

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

3. Re: Ghost Recon: Future Soldier PC Issues Jun 27, 2012, 10:58 Techie714

I might pick this up when it's 5.00 otherwise no way. The game is complete crap with no realism or tactical game mechanics. I guess this is really for the CoD crowd...lol.  

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

2. Re: Ghost Recon: Future Soldier PC Issues Jun 27, 2012, 10:56 Flak

You just gotta love it...they're patting themselves on the back for all of the PC-specific features and yet they can't get something as simple as WASD/mouse movement right, something fundamental to the PC experience.

I'm with SV, I *might* get this game if I see it on Steam for $5 during a sale, otherwise, I seriously would have 10 times more fun running a Co-op OGR session with some friends. Funny because I bought the Ghost Recon 'complete' (+2 expansions) on steam for $10...which is twice of what I'd pay for Future Soldier .

Yes it's harsh, but come on, look at the proof, I mean really...WASD movement?!?

1. Re: Ghost Recon: Future Soldier PC Issues Jun 27, 2012, 10:31 StingingVelvet

Yet another game I am happy to wait a few months for so it's fixed and cheaper. I was the most die-hard day-one game purchaser in the world for years but these companies have finally taught me to wait and give them less.  

28 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo