Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

On Sale

View
22 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

22. Re: On Sale Jun 28, 2012, 08:55 Dev

Ugh, LA Noire is such a pain to get working. Rockstar hasn't improved since the old GTA days where you had to install a bunch of crap to get their games working properly.

Apparently they have some major issues with win 7 64 bit.

Everytime I run the fracking game, it has to time out on SYNCHRONIZING part, and that takes about 5 minutes, and then it tells me it failed to update the social club. WTF, who cares about the social club. This is almost as bad as GfWL.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

21. Re: On Sale Jun 28, 2012, 02:15 Jerykk

Apparently Amazon will soon have Max Payne 3 on sale for $30. Maybe as soon as Sunday.  

20. Re: On Sale Jun 27, 2012, 15:41 wtf_man

Dev wrote on Jun 26, 2012, 21:38:
$5 for LA Noire? Yeah that sounds like a decent deal.

Yeah, I picked it up. $5 is a good deal to me, since I've always had a mild interest in this game.

19. Re: On Sale Jun 27, 2012, 12:34 Jerykk

Yeah, that's called "Due Process." You may know that he's guilty, but you need to bring enough evidence to make it an iron-clad case.

No no, I mean the cases with an obvious overarching plot where you know that the suspects in each case aren't guilty because the crimes are obviously committed by one person (who isn't a suspect in those cases).

SPOILERS: The Homicide cases, for example. You know that the murders all the work of a serial killer but you still have to investigate and arrest other suspects.

18. Re: On Sale Jun 27, 2012, 11:38 Wowbagger_TIP

Creston wrote on Jun 27, 2012, 11:01:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Jun 26, 2012, 22:38:
Dragon Age 2 is on Amazon, anyone know if you need Origin for it? Would rather throw it in Steam. F Origin.

Thanks for mentioning that. I'm sure I'll get 5 bucks worth of entertainment out of it.

Creston
Just pay someone $5 to punch you in the face. It'll be over quicker that way and you'll have time to play a good game.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

17. Re: On Sale Jun 27, 2012, 11:01 Creston

Dragon Age 2 is on Amazon, anyone know if you need Origin for it? Would rather throw it in Steam. F Origin.

Thanks for mentioning that. I'm sure I'll get 5 bucks worth of entertainment out of it.

Creston

16. Re: On Sale Jun 27, 2012, 10:58 Creston

Jerykk wrote on Jun 26, 2012, 23:05:
My biggest issue with LA Noire is that it often feels routine. In some cases, you already know that none of the potential suspects are actually guilty but you still have to go through the investigation and arrest one of them.

Yeah, that's called "Due Process." You may know that he's guilty, but you need to bring enough evidence to make it an iron-clad case.

But I agree with what you're saying.

Still, it's a very interesting game the first time through. If you play a case an evening it doesn't get stale so quickly.

Creston

15. Re: On Sale Jun 27, 2012, 10:51 Creston

nin wrote on Jun 26, 2012, 22:35:
There is an expectation amongst gamers that an open city like the one in LA Noire needs to be filled with interesting thing to do in that city.

I think in that case, the R* label actually hurt them a bit. People see that and expect open world GTA style antics.

It was a good game until the last act, when the story totally went to shit, and I go from playing a cop to an insurance claims rep. "What the fuck?"

That I didn't even mind so much. When it really went fucking nuts is when you're walking through a sewer with a fucking FLAMETHROWER and killing guys...??

Creston

14. Re: On Sale Jun 27, 2012, 10:01 Verno

The game certainly has $5 of value but I'd say you can play more enjoyable titles with that $5. If you have nothing else to play then hey its something to do but if you have other stuff to play I would just do that instead.  

Playing: Alien Isolation, 7 Days to Die, Dragon Age Origins
Watching: The Canal, Brazil, The Town That Dreaded Sundown

13. Re: On Sale Jun 27, 2012, 09:58 killer_roach

nin wrote on Jun 27, 2012, 09:21:
What he said. After the demo and reviews, I wouldn't take DA2 for free...

Personally, I'd say you're delusional, but to each their own. (Wasn't worth full price, but the typical $20 regular price isn't bad for it unless your willingness to pay for games in general is near zero.)

12. Re: On Sale Jun 27, 2012, 09:21 nin

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Jun 27, 2012, 00:09:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Jun 27, 2012, 00:04:
Dades wrote on Jun 26, 2012, 23:00:

It doesn't require Origin but not playing the first game is practically a requirement if you want to finish the experience without a lot of regret.

I have the first one on Steam - thinking I will grab this at such a low price....guess it comes with the DLC via the bioware website? Black Emporium or some shit?

$4.99 USD. For 5 bux, big whoop.
http://gamerdeals.net/
Save the $5 for the summer sale and buy something good!

What he said. After the demo and reviews, I wouldn't take DA2 for free...

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

11. Re: On Sale Jun 27, 2012, 00:09 Wowbagger_TIP

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jun 27, 2012, 00:04:

It doesn't require Origin but not playing the first game is practically a requirement if you want to finish the experience without a lot of regret.

I have the first one on Steam - thinking I will grab this at such a low price....guess it comes with the DLC via the bioware website? Black Emporium or some shit?

Save the $5 for the summer sale and buy something good!

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

10. Re: On Sale Jun 27, 2012, 00:04 xXBatmanXx

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

9. Re: On Sale Jun 26, 2012, 23:05 Jerykk

My biggest issue with LA Noire is that it often feels routine. In some cases, you already know that none of the potential suspects are actually guilty but you still have to go through the investigation and arrest one of them. It doesn't help that a lot of story elements are shown through cinematics, resulting in the player knowing things that the protagonist does not.  

8. Re: On Sale Jun 26, 2012, 23:00 Dades

7. Re: On Sale Jun 26, 2012, 22:38 xXBatmanXx

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

6. Re: On Sale Jun 26, 2012, 22:35 nin

There is an expectation amongst gamers that an open city like the one in LA Noire needs to be filled with interesting thing to do in that city.

I think in that case, the R* label actually hurt them a bit. People see that and expect open world GTA style antics.

It was a good game until the last act, when the story totally went to shit, and I go from playing a cop to an insurance claims rep. "What the fuck?"

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

5. Re: On Sale Jun 26, 2012, 22:32 xXBatmanXx

GOTTA RESIST! STEAM SALE COMING!@  

4. Re: On Sale Jun 26, 2012, 22:22 Dades

It reminded me a lot of Mafia 2 without the DLC. Big, interesting place with shit all to do and a gimmicky story structure.  

3. Re: On Sale Jun 26, 2012, 22:13 Prez

LA Noire might have actually been better received were it more linear. There is an expectation amongst gamers that an open city like the one in LA Noire needs to be filled with interesting thing to do in that city.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

22 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo