Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Star Wars: The Old Republic 1.3 Live

The Star Wars: The Old Republic Website has word that the new version 1.3 "Allies" update is now live in BioWare's MMORPG. This page outlines all the new features this brings, including Group Finder, ranked PvP Warzones, adaptive gear, new enhancements to the Legacy system, and more.

View
13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

13. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic 1.3 Live Jun 28, 2012, 12:52 Sempai

winnetou wrote on Jun 28, 2012, 06:47:
Sempai wrote on Jun 28, 2012, 06:24:
Meters/Combat logs/raid tools/something... [...]
A simple fucking /readycheck [...]
Enrage timers for bosses.
Summons of any kind to help diminish downtime(wipes)for raid groups.
After 18 loading screens, you then have to run your ass back to bosses via 1997.

And yes, I feel like a complete chump because this is one of, if not THE worst run mmo's i can remember.

Have you played Matrix online/ Aion/ Age of conan/ Warhammer online/ Star Trek online/...?

Combat logs are in the game since patch 1.2. They repeatedly said that they wanted that information to be available for personal evaluation, but not to judge others with. This reddit thread delivered an early summary of a few of the available parsers, more recently, dpsmeter.com has become available and seems promising. Haven't tried it myself though, I heal; my feedback is people surviving.

I don't understand your enrage timer comment, please explain; bosses do enrage, do you want an in-game timer/countdown?

After wiping, players can use transportation to checkpoints. These could certainly be spaced out more generously, but some of them are available, with varying quality of implementation; I prefer the Karagga's Palace version, lack of realism be damned.

The ready check issue is perplexing. At the guild summit someone pointed that lack out and they seemed surprised to have to confirm that they did in fact not have one. A few months later, it's still not in.

Yes, i realize combat logs are finally in the game, technically.
I'm sorry i just don't enjoy tabbing/logging out of the game to go hunt down a text file, then go somewhere on the net and stare at a parsed log.
No one asked for this shit, and the people who don't want meters are the very people who fear others will actually see their performance, or lack thereof. Is this an RPG or not? Or are we all just watching the pretty explosions?

Only a team of misfit's like Bioware would use the man hours to implement a completely moronic idea as this.

And yes there are speeders you can grab if you've downed 2 bosses in EC for instance, but for some reason Bioware has this fetish of setting the player down in front of a fucking cave that you cannot mount up in, so you then run through a long assed cave on foot, and a mile or two later come to the door of the boss, to be greeted by yet another loading screen.

It's all so moronic and just plain bad design, i wonder if they have 1 lead designer who has ever stood up and begged the question "hey, is any of this shit actually FUN for the players?"

My $20 bucks says nill.

But like i said, i enjoy aspects of the game, and im a glutton for punishment.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic 1.3 Live Jun 28, 2012, 06:47 winnetou

Sempai wrote on Jun 28, 2012, 06:24:
Meters/Combat logs/raid tools/something... [...]
A simple fucking /readycheck [...]
After 18 loading screens, you then have to run your ass back to bosses via 1997.

And yes, I feel like a complete chump because this is one of, if not THE worst run mmo's i can remember.

Have you played Matrix online/ Aion/ Age of conan/ Warhammer online/ Star Trek online/...?

Combat logs are in the game since patch 1.2. They repeatedly said that they wanted that information to be available for personal evaluation, but not to judge others with. This reddit thread delivered an early summary of a few of the available parsers, more recently, dpsmeter.com has become available and seems promising. Haven't tried it myself though, I heal; my feedback is people surviving.

I don't understand your enrage timer comment, please explain; bosses do enrage, do you want an in-game timer/countdown?

After wiping, players can use transportation to checkpoints. These could certainly be spaced out more generously, but some of them are available, with varying quality of implementation; I prefer the Karagga's Palace version, lack of realism be damned.

The ready check issue is perplexing. At the guild summit someone pointed that lack out and they seemed surprised to have to confirm that they did in fact not have one. A few months later, it's still not in.

11. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic 1.3 Live Jun 28, 2012, 06:24 Sempai

I'll be the first to admit the game is a giant steamy(unfinished)turd, and the people running it appear to have learned absolutely fuck all from years of competitors and other mmo's on the market.

They keep saying they want to do things different, but in the end they just rip off tried and true features from WoW, only it takes them twice as long to implement, and then they still fuck it up.

7 months later and we STILL do not typical mmo features like..

Meters/Combat logs/raid tools/something...anything that gives the player feedback of performance of any kind..

A simple fucking /readycheck so the entire raid team aren't forced to jump up and down like idiots in order to ensure all players are present and ready to pull.

Mod support of any kind

Infact the entire Bioware team appear to be still living in 1997.
The downtime from wiping on a typical 3 hour progression night is atleast 1 hour of just running back and regrouping.

And yet after all the idiocy i still pay these people monthly because i dig my guild, friends, and the game to a large extent.

10. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic 1.3 Live Jun 26, 2012, 22:37 nin

So much potential. Such bland implementation.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

9. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic 1.3 Live Jun 26, 2012, 22:30 ASeven

Can't tell if sarcastic or serious...  

8. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic 1.3 Live Jun 26, 2012, 18:52 great scott

Hours of playing the best patch ever! This is why no one posted!

@gr8scott

7. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic 1.3 Live Jun 26, 2012, 18:46 Angrius Maximis

OH A GROUP FINDER???? HOW 2007 OF THEM!  

6. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic 1.3 Live Jun 26, 2012, 18:07 winnetou

Lorcin wrote on Jun 26, 2012, 17:43:
ouch after 80 minutes nobody cares enough to post anything positive or negative.

Significantly later I'd like to confirm that the group finder works well enough for people who didn't insist to be the last player on their server. Lots of players whining on the fleet that it never created a group for them, but since it doesn't magically conjure tanks and healers out of thin air, that's just a result of the class distribution. Works for me since I play both of those and got groups within minutes.

5. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic 1.3 Live Jun 26, 2012, 17:51 NKD

The Half Elf wrote on Jun 26, 2012, 17:49:
*looks at his 15+ heroics that he'll never finish because there is NOONE left on the server*

You didn't transfer to a more full server? My buddies are pissing themselves like excited dogs now that they are on a server with a bunch of people. I'm not going back, but it's cool that they are having a good time.

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

4. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic 1.3 Live Jun 26, 2012, 17:49 The Half Elf

*looks at his 15+ heroics that he'll never finish because there is NOONE left on the server*  

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

3. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic 1.3 Live Jun 26, 2012, 17:47 NicklePop

I'll try it again in a few months.  

2. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic 1.3 Live Jun 26, 2012, 17:45 Asmo

Lorcin wrote on Jun 26, 2012, 17:43:
ouch after 80 minutes nobody cares enough to post anything positive or negative.

I was going to chip in with something witty like "Oh hai, this game still exists" but I can't honestly be fucked going even that far.

1. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic 1.3 Live Jun 26, 2012, 17:43 Lorcin

13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo