Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

2nd Skyrim DLC Not In Production Yet

An interview on I.Eat.Games talks with Bethesda's Matt Carofano, Lead Artist on The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim about the Dawnguard DLC that's out for the Xbox 360 edition of their RPG sequel today. He discusses various aspects of the new content and how it was created, and says that at this time it is still their sole focus, with no production underway on further DLC at the moment: "Right now were completely focused on Dawnguard. Everyone is working on this. Once its out well see how it goes and see what could happen in the future." Thanks nin via Shacknews.

View
11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

11. Re: 2nd Skyrim DLC Not In Production Yet Jun 26, 2012, 18:22 xXBatmanXx

jacobvandy wrote on Jun 26, 2012, 15:48:
People are assuming the $20 figure because that's the going rate for 1600 MSP.

True, but lets hope for a better scenario. LEGO games are 3o.oo or so bucks on PC and double that on console.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: 2nd Skyrim DLC Not In Production Yet Jun 26, 2012, 15:48 jacobvandy

People are assuming the $20 figure because that's the going rate for 1600 MSP.  

9. Re: 2nd Skyrim DLC Not In Production Yet Jun 26, 2012, 15:40 Mashiki Amiketo

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Jun 26, 2012, 15:08:
Hopefully they're also working on another patch for Skyrim to fix the dialog problems they caused with the last one.
Yeah last patch really fuged up alot of scripts. Wordwall finding via Arngeir, courier seems to bug out a lot more. Companion script for "Proving Honor" breaks nearly every time(fixable by using setstage C02 0) on the PC at least, and on the list goes. Added some good stuff but the patch was kinda a mess.

--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

8. Re: 2nd Skyrim DLC Not In Production Yet Jun 26, 2012, 15:18 Rattlehead

Kastagir wrote on Jun 26, 2012, 14:38:
Any word on how much Dawnguard will cost when it comes to Steam? I don't get paid in "MS Points."
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=dawnguard+cost

7. Re: 2nd Skyrim DLC Not In Production Yet Jun 26, 2012, 15:11 xXBatmanXx

nin wrote on Jun 26, 2012, 14:20:
I'll admit when I saw the original headline I was slightly disappointed, but I really do hope it's true that everyone is focusing on making DawnGuard the best it can be. I can't fault them for that, at all.

I agree with that on the surface, but they really seem to be dragging their feet on this. They made it sound like they had HUGE plans and there was going to be a lot of extra content. If it comes out at this pace - just forget it and work on the next big thing....

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

6. Re: 2nd Skyrim DLC Not In Production Yet Jun 26, 2012, 15:08 Wowbagger_TIP

Hopefully they're also working on another patch for Skyrim to fix the dialog problems they caused with the last one.  

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

5. Re: 2nd Skyrim DLC Not In Production Yet Jun 26, 2012, 14:48 Verno

Creston wrote on Jun 26, 2012, 14:24:
I'm glad they're making meaty DLC and are focusing on it to the exclusion of everything else. On the flipside, if that means the next DLC takes another 8 months then I'm not sure who is still going to be playing Skyrim except me.

But after the hit-and-miss DLC for Oblivion, I'll happily take this kind of DLC any day.

I think revisiting games like Skyrim with updated mods and stuff is part of the fun for me. I get something new each time I play, even if the writing and quest variety in the game is really subpar.

Playing: Divinity Original Sin, Infamous Second Son, Madden
Watching: Spartan, Possible Worlds, The Changeling

4. Re: 2nd Skyrim DLC Not In Production Yet Jun 26, 2012, 14:38 Kastagir

Any word on how much Dawnguard will cost when it comes to Steam? I don't get paid in "MS Points."  

3. Re: 2nd Skyrim DLC Not In Production Yet Jun 26, 2012, 14:24 Creston

I'm glad they're making meaty DLC and are focusing on it to the exclusion of everything else. On the flipside, if that means the next DLC takes another 8 months then I'm not sure who is still going to be playing Skyrim except me.

But after the hit-and-miss DLC for Oblivion, I'll happily take this kind of DLC any day.

Creston

2. Re: 2nd Skyrim DLC Not In Production Yet Jun 26, 2012, 14:20 nin

I'll admit when I saw the original headline I was slightly disappointed, but I really do hope it's true that everyone is focusing on making DawnGuard the best it can be. I can't fault them for that, at all.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

1. Re: 2nd Skyrim DLC Not In Production Yet Jun 26, 2012, 14:12 Kastagir

That's because Dawnguard is still in beta, albeit a public beta for all the poor sods who bought it on XBox 360. Hopefully they'll finish it up in time for the PC release (oh, and those poor PS3 users as well).  

11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo