Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Endless Space Begins Next Month

Iceberg Interactive announces Endless Space will be released via digital distribution on July 4th, celebrating Independence Day by liberating this 4X strategy game from Amplitude Studios. "With the success of the gameís beta program and tremendous feedback from the community, we couldnít be more excited to be able to get the final game in front of fans," says Mathieu Girard, CEO at AMPLITUDE Studios. "We look forward to even more players getting their hands on Endless Space as we deliver an intuitive, yet immersive experience for all types of players." Here's more:

Publisher Iceberg Interactive and developer Amplitude Studios invite players to celebrate the holiday this year with the launch of Endless Space, for Windows PC. Coming to digital distribution platforms on July 4, 2012, Endless Space is a 4X (eXplore, eXpand, eXploit, eXterminate) sci-fi strategy game that pits eight civilizations together in galactic conflict.
[...]
Set to launch after a highly successful beta campaign via Steam that saw over 20,000 fans registered on the community website, Endless Space is a deep 4X strategy game covering the space colonization age, where gamers can control every aspect of their empire: Economy, Diplomacy, Science and War. As one of eight unique civilizations, players must strive to control the entire galaxy through trade and diplomacy or technological advancements and strategic warfare. Begging the question, will they conquer the galaxy with an open hand or a closed fist?

Additionally, Endless Space marks the first Amplitude Studios title to take advantage of GAMES2GETHER, a new platform that lets the community track the development teamís objectives, progress, and achievements, while gaining access to early builds, providing feedback, and discussing the gameís future with the developers themselves, giving them an active role in the future of Endless Space.

View
4. Re: Endless Space Begins Next Month Jun 26, 2012, 13:38 Ceribaen

I think people (at least me) mostly just want an updated XWing v TIE Fighter. Seems a no brainer considering the drek with the existing IP that keeps getting rehashed by LucasArts continually.

I mean, the game really doesn't need much outside of graphics update and netcode update (though, even that might be okay now that there's not a mix of dialup and cable playing) and you have a AAA title right there. Mix in the original campaigns from the individual Xwing and TIE series and *bam*.

Fair bit of work I'm sure to 'just' redo the graphics, but I can't see a title done that way failing. You would have the IP to entice the casual player, and at its core it's an arcade shooter just with some sim intricacies in terms of balancing shields vs weapon regeneration and such to allow for those more capable to excel.

If I recall, Freespace is much more sim-like and so the barrier to entry for a casual player is much higher, plus it's not a 'recognizable' (outside of a specific market) IP. Wing Commander is little stronger of an IP but the terrible movie I think killed the casual interest in it.

Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Jun 26, 12:26 Re: Endless Space Begins Next Month Wildone
  2. Jun 26, 12:40  Re: Endless Space Begins Next Month Orogogus
>> 4. Jun 26, 13:38   Re: Endless Space Begins Next Month Ceribaen
  5. Jun 26, 13:59    Re: Endless Space Begins Next Month Wildone
  7. Jun 26, 14:45  Re: Endless Space Begins Next Month gilly775
  8. Jun 26, 15:14   Re: Endless Space Begins Next Month Wowbagger_TIP
  9. Jun 26, 15:30    Re: Endless Space Begins Next Month everyone
  10. Jun 26, 18:06     Re: Endless Space Begins Next Month Wowbagger_TIP
  3. Jun 26, 12:48 Re: Endless Space Begins Next Month Verno
  6. Jun 26, 14:11  Re: Endless Space Begins Next Month Wildone