Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Rome: Total War Sequel Plans?

NeoGAF has an image said to be from the latest PC PowerPlay teasing the next issue of their magazine. The image shown is a large "II" superimposed over a scene from Rome: Total War, leading to speculation that The Creative Assembly is preparing to announce a sequel to the strategy game, which following the naming convention of their recent Shogun sequel would likely be titled Total War: Rome 2. Thanks Computer and Video Games.

View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. Re: Rome: Total War Sequel Plans? Jun 26, 2012, 06:34 ibm

I heartily agree, also Elephants > guns  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: Ships Ahoy - Men of War: Condemned Heroes Jun 26, 2012, 05:32 shinchan0s

Oh man. This game is going to come out before Europa Barbarorum 2. If the game isn't moddable I see a lot of people sticking with M2TW tho.

Anyway, I think everybody knew that the next game was going to be Rome 2. I hope this announcement means an early 2013 release!

10. Re: Ships Ahoy - Men of War: Condemned Heroes Jun 26, 2012, 04:13 Cornholio

I have been hoping for this for a very long time.  

9. Re: Ships Ahoy - Men of War: Condemned Heroes Jun 26, 2012, 02:32 Doma

YES PLEASE!

Also, with the recent smashing success of mods like Day Z, I hope they realize how much it can benefit them to make the game moddable.

Hell, people still buy MTW:2 for the Third Age mod.

Come on!

8. Re: Ships Ahoy - Men of War: Condemned Heroes Jun 25, 2012, 23:10 bfg9000

RTW2?
All of money. Take it.

7. Re: Rome: Total War Sequel Plans? Jun 25, 2012, 22:42 TychoCelchuuu

Please please please let us mod the game again, TW. Look at the difference between Medieval II, which can turn into a Lord of the Rings game or a Warhammer game or a game set in the Middle East or just a much more detailed version of the original, versus Shogun II or Napoleon, which are the same as when they came out except for DLC that TW uses to milk every last cent out of the player base.  

6. Re: Rome: Total War Sequel Plans? Jun 25, 2012, 22:05 Prez

Rome Total War was probably the most popular TW by a fair margin. Judging strictly by the number of mods it certainly must be. They would be crazy not to put out a sequel. The only question is when. I've loved every one myself; Empire took a lot of flak but I think mostly it was less popular because the horse and musket era was arguably less interesting than the swords and sandals eras of ancient and medieval times. IIRC it was also the first one to require Steam in order to play, which didn't sit well with a lot of TW fans.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

5. Re: Rome: Total War Sequel Plans? Jun 25, 2012, 21:55 Lukin

Nice, Rome was the first Total War I played and it started my obsession with this series. Yes, they've all had issues, but I love playing them. Empire included.  

4. Re: Rome: Total War Sequel Plans? Jun 25, 2012, 21:08 2nd_floor

Haha (in reply to dj LiTh)  

3. Re: Rome: Total War Sequel Plans? Jun 25, 2012, 21:00 dj LiTh

OH MY GOD PLEASE BE TRUE.  

2. Re: Rome: Total War Sequel Plans? Jun 25, 2012, 20:49 RailWizard

If true, this may actually cause me to purchase another TW game. I haven't played them all, but Rome seemed like the best of them.  

1. Re: Rome: Total War Sequel Plans? Jun 25, 2012, 20:20 Mashiki Amiketo

Oh yes.

--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer