Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

MechWarrior Online Details

The MechWarrior Online Website has answers to an eighth "ask the devs" session where Piranha Games discusses their upcoming free-to-play mech game. They duck the tough question about the average land speed velocity of an unladen Atlas.

View
15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

15. Re: Not quite Jun 27, 2012, 10:06 RollinThundr

RailWizard wrote on Jun 26, 2012, 17:53:
Beamer wrote on Jun 26, 2012, 12:54:
Something is only pay to win if you can buy something that replaces skill.
Mech reskins don't do that. I can sort of see the argument for faster leveling, but disagree.

P2W is something like "$5 to have quad-damage for the day!"

Those founder packs give bonuses to amount of money/xp made per match, if your package came with a mech, you get another bonus on top of that. You have alluded to this, but the problem is, where are that stats? I don't see any...nor do I see what is going to be available in the store to be purchased with all those bonus credits.

If gaming as it is today has taught anyone anything, it's to expect the worst.

Most F2P games offer xpboosts this isn't any different, the weapons in the mech lab are still all the same regardless if you ponied up any cash or not. The founder Mechs are different in cosmetic skin only. Other wise they are the same, same weapons, same amount of loadout slots.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: Not quite Jun 26, 2012, 17:53 RailWizard

Beamer wrote on Jun 26, 2012, 12:54:
Mech reskins don't do that. I can sort of see the argument for faster leveling, but disagree.

Those founder packs give bonuses to amount of money/xp made per match, if your package came with a mech, you get another bonus on top of that. You have alluded to this, but the problem is, where are that stats? I don't see any...nor do I see what is going to be available in the store to be purchased with all those bonus credits.

If gaming as it is today has taught anyone anything, it's to expect the worst.

13. Re: Not quite Jun 26, 2012, 17:47 RailWizard

NoyzRulz wrote on Jun 26, 2012, 10:29:
For all your insults you literally got everything wrong. I don't know how you could have gone to the website and gotten so much information wrong.

Paying for beta privelege or early access is only a new trend if your a new gamer. I have often bought games in advance for early access in my 20 years of gaming. Once the internet and online purchases caught on, it started.

60 isn't the lowest tier (lol?). 30 for the lowest tier. 60 gets you 1 mech, 120 gets you 3 mechs and more. Since the average game is 60 bucks out there I decided to contribute. I can't count the times I bought a game for 60 bucks and it sucked, so why not? I am hoping for the best but you know how that goes. I agree that 120 is stupid in advance. It should have been affordable, maybe 20, 40, 60 but too late.

Beta is already going and you can sign up. You get early access in August if you are not accepted by then.

You are right, I messed up the price. Post edited....changes nothing however.

12. Re: Not quite Jun 26, 2012, 12:54 Beamer

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

11. Re: Not quite Jun 26, 2012, 11:57 Orogogus

Supposedly the $120 tier sold a lot more than they expected, and more than the other tiers, so it seems to have worked.  

10. Not quite Jun 26, 2012, 10:29 NoyzRulz

For all your insults you literally got everything wrong. I don't know how you could have gone to the website and gotten so much information wrong.

Paying for beta privelege or early access is only a new trend if your a new gamer. I have often bought games in advance for early access in my 20 years of gaming. Once the internet and online purchases caught on, it started.

60 isn't the lowest tier (lol?). 30 for the lowest tier. 60 gets you 1 mech, 120 gets you 3 mechs and more. Since the average game is 60 bucks out there I decided to contribute. I can't count the times I bought a game for 60 bucks and it sucked, so why not? I am hoping for the best but you know how that goes. I agree that 120 is stupid in advance. It should have been affordable, maybe 20, 40, 60 but too late.

Beta is already going and you can sign up. You get early access in August if you are not accepted by then.

9. Re: MechWarrior Online Details Jun 26, 2012, 10:11 TychoCelchuuu

People apparently thing "pay for anything" is "pay to win." In MWO you will not be able to buy ANYTHING with real money that players with normal in-game money can't buy. How is that pay to win if EVERYONE can get the same powered gear? Heck, since the founder's 'Mech variants are just the default variants, they might be less powerful than non-founder's 'Mechs depending on your playing style (like if you prefer lasers and your founder's Hunchback can only mount ballistics on the hunch, or you like PPCs and your founder's catapult only mounts missiles).  

8. Re: MechWarrior Online Details Jun 26, 2012, 09:56 RollinThundr

DangerDog wrote on Jun 26, 2012, 03:19:
I unsubscribed from their emails when I got the one about the "pre-order" packs.

zero interest now, hope Planetside 2 doesn't turn pay-2-win.

MWO isn't pay to win either.

7. Re: MechWarrior Online Details Jun 26, 2012, 03:19 DangerDog

I unsubscribed from their emails when I got the one about the "pre-order" packs.

zero interest now, hope Planetside 2 doesn't turn pay-2-win.

6. Re: MechWarrior Online Details Jun 25, 2012, 23:59 Wowbagger_TIP

They seriously need to lower the prices on their packs, but of course they can't do that now that people have already bought in. They're just way overpriced though. I'm gonna wait and see what the game is like at release. Not buying in early on this one.  

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

5. Re: MechWarrior Online Details Jun 25, 2012, 23:31 The Half Elf

jdreyer wrote on Jun 25, 2012, 22:57:
They duck the tough question about the average land speed velocity of an unladen Atlas.

What do you mean? House Davion or House Kurita Atlas?

WRONG... House Steiner of course!

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

4. Re: MechWarrior Online Details Jun 25, 2012, 22:57 jdreyer

They duck the tough question about the average land speed velocity of an unladen Atlas.

What do you mean? House Davion or House Kurita Atlas?

"Microsoft is the absent minded parent of PC gaming" - Verno

3. Re: MechWarrior Online Details Jun 25, 2012, 22:24 RailWizard

ahh well not interested in beta, nor paying any money in advance just for beta 'privilege'(I hate that new trend...). MW has been fucked over too many times for that. I also found the founders packs quite offensive. $30 for the lowest tier and you don't even get a mech?? lol!

I gather it's a ways off yet then, if beta is still 2 months away. Oh well, f2p is basically a joke anyways, so not all that excited.

This comment was edited on Jun 26, 2012, 17:46.

2. Re: MechWarrior Online Details Jun 25, 2012, 21:26 TychoCelchuuu

Closed beta is going on right now and people who pay money will get into the beta August 17th if they haven't already by then.  

1. Re: MechWarrior Online Details Jun 25, 2012, 21:00 RailWizard

What is the ETA on this game? I assume it's soon since they are taking peoples money...  

15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo