Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

On Sale

View
23 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

23. Re: On Sale Jun 27, 2012, 08:17 Beamer

Dev wrote on Jun 26, 2012, 22:04:
Zoom wrote on Jun 26, 2012, 17:32:
I think the steam stats got reset at some point because a lot of games i finished are counted as never played with 0 hours (half life 2 etc.) which is quite untrue.
I don't think its that they got reset, I think its that steam didn't track hours for a number of years.

Which is a shame. Right now Civ4 leads my games played with 70 hours. Had it tracked hours played from the start I'd be at 400, at least, and probably over that with CS:S. Heck, Mount and Blade is #2 for me with 30 hours played, and I only played it for 3 weeks (3 compulsive weeks, until I got very bored.)

I'm at under a third played. Here are the ones I own and need to sometime eventually (as opposed to the ones I own and will never play, or all the 0s I played a ton of years ago):
Alpha Protocol 0
Cave Story+ 0
Evil Genius 0
Hard Reset 0
Magicka 0
Magicka: Final Frontier 0
Magicka: Frozen Lake 0
Magicka: Nippon 0
Magicka: Party Robes 0
Magicka: The Watchtower 0
Magicka: Vietnam 0
Magicka: Wizard's Survival Kit 0
Orcs Must Die: 0.4 (started this on Sunday)
Portal 2 0
Super Meat Boy 0
Titan Quest 0
Titan Quest: Immortal Throne 0
Torchlight

Also fun to see the games I gave up on in under 2 hours.

Plus... I have Hard Reset? Since when?

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

22. Re: Revelations 2012 Jun 27, 2012, 05:30 Jerykk

My guess is they have an exception for GfWL, otherwise they might well not get some games that run it on steam. Remember that EA was doing their own store thing.

That may be true. However, you'd think that Valve would be more lenient towards EA than MS. Not many games use GFWL and most of the ones that do aren't very popular. Conversely, EA releases much higher profile games on a more regular basis. Valve would probably make more money if they banned GFWL and allowed Origin games.

That's assuming that the absence of Origin games has anything to do with Valve. It's entirely possible that EA just wants to cut out Origin's biggest competitor.

21. Re: On Sale Jun 26, 2012, 22:04 Dev

Zoom wrote on Jun 26, 2012, 17:32:
I think the steam stats got reset at some point because a lot of games i finished are counted as never played with 0 hours (half life 2 etc.) which is quite untrue.
I don't think its that they got reset, I think its that steam didn't track hours for a number of years.

20. Re: On Sale Jun 26, 2012, 17:32 Zoom

19. Re: On Sale Jun 26, 2012, 16:39 Prez

Verno wrote on Jun 26, 2012, 14:02:
Damn Prez, you have played a lot of Global Agenda. 70 hours of SR3 redeems you though

Random pick "Your Doodles are bugged! - 0 Hours" must have been a pack game or something

Yeah - indie bundle maybe? I think of my giving half to the devs and half to charity as all charity; I always support indies when I can.

I remember that for some reason I really enjoyed playing Global Agenda running coop missions. I must have done the same ones a hundred times.

This comment was edited on Jun 26, 2012, 16:44.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

18. Re: On Sale Jun 26, 2012, 14:02 Verno

Damn Prez, you have played a lot of Global Agenda. 70 hours of SR3 redeems you though

Random pick "Your Doodles are bugged! - 0 Hours" must have been a pack game or something

Playing: Far Cry 4, Prison Architect, DriveClub
Watching: Tusk, The Equalizer, The Homesman

17. Re: On Sale Jun 26, 2012, 13:34 Ecthelion

Prez wrote on Jun 26, 2012, 13:13:
Verno wrote on Jun 26, 2012, 09:31:
Hey Prez, I'm at work and forgot your Steam ID. Can you run yourself through this? I bet it blows a few minds around here.

General Information

Username: Prez

Games Owned: 878
Games Played: 200 Games
Never Played: 678
Percentage Played: 22.78%
Total Hours: 3272.20

Looks like I need to get busy.
You and me both:

Games Owned: 371
Games Played: 120
Games Never Played: 251
Percentage Played: 32.35%

Damn Steam sales.

16. Re: On Sale Jun 26, 2012, 13:19 Prez

Verno wrote on Jun 26, 2012, 13:12:
878, wow that is impressive.

There's always a discrepancy with my profile page which lists 1290 currently. I think that number is counting DLC, expansions, etc.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197970727958/

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

15. Re: On Sale Jun 26, 2012, 13:13 Prez

Verno wrote on Jun 26, 2012, 09:31:
Hey Prez, I'm at work and forgot your Steam ID. Can you run yourself through this? I bet it blows a few minds around here.

General Information

Username: Prez

Games Owned: 878
Games Played: 200 Games
Never Played: 678
Percentage Played: 22.78%
Total Hours: 3272.20

Looks like I need to get busy.

- Mahatma Gandhi

14. Re: On Sale Jun 26, 2012, 13:12 Verno

878, wow that is impressive.  

13. Re: Revelations 2012 Jun 26, 2012, 13:09 Prez

Wools double post.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

12. Re: Revelations 2012 Jun 26, 2012, 11:53 Orogogus

nin wrote on Jun 25, 2012, 23:16:
jimnms wrote on Jun 25, 2012, 22:36:
http://youtu.be/LzTo6XUiIA4

I'll have to watch that later when I have time, but the first two minutes or so had me laughing out loud...

If you haven't gone back yet, I wouldn't bother. It devolves pretty quickly into repeated variations of "Holy crap this game really sucks". The options screen at the very beginning is probably the high point.

11. Re: Revelations 2012 Jun 26, 2012, 10:05 Dev

Jerykk wrote on Jun 26, 2012, 04:59:
Dev wrote on Jun 26, 2012, 01:58:
Jerykk wrote on Jun 25, 2012, 23:54:
If EA's insinuations are accurate, Steam won't allow you to sell a game that has DLC unless that DLC is also available on Steam, but there are some games on Steam that have DLC that isn't on Steam.
Aren't those games predating the EA vs valve thing?

I don't believe so. Dirt 3 has DLC that's only available via GFWL and I think Dirt 3 came out after Crysis 2 and Dragon Age 2. Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City and Operation Flashpoint: Red River also have DLC that is only available via GFWL.

I really wish Valve would just release Steam requirements to the public so that there wouldn't be any confusion.
My guess is they have an exception for GfWL, otherwise they might well not get some games that run it on steam. Remember that EA was doing their own store thing.

10. Re: On Sale Jun 26, 2012, 09:31 Verno

9. Re: Revelations 2012 Jun 26, 2012, 08:40 nin

Prez wrote on Jun 26, 2012, 01:16:
I wanted to point out to those who claim I buy every game on Steam that I am NOT buying Revelations.

I might send Total Biscuit money for having to slog through that turd for our enjoyment.

Woot! <adds thread to list of games to give Prez at xmas!>

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

8. Re: Revelations 2012 Jun 26, 2012, 04:59 Jerykk

Dev wrote on Jun 26, 2012, 01:58:
If EA's insinuations are accurate, Steam won't allow you to sell a game that has DLC unless that DLC is also available on Steam, but there are some games on Steam that have DLC that isn't on Steam.

I don't believe so. Dirt 3 has DLC that's only available via GFWL and I think Dirt 3 came out after Crysis 2 and Dragon Age 2. Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City and Operation Flashpoint: Red River also have DLC that is only available via GFWL.

I really wish Valve would just release Steam requirements to the public so that there wouldn't be any confusion.

7. Re: Revelations 2012 Jun 26, 2012, 01:58 Dev

6. Re: Revelations 2012 Jun 26, 2012, 01:17 jimnms

I'm pretty curious as to Valve's requirements for Steam acceptance. I remember that Wadjet Eye had trouble getting Gemini Rue onto Steam because it didn't support full-screen originally. However, once they added that, it got onto Steam. If EA's insinuations are accurate, Steam won't allow you to sell a game that has DLC unless that DLC is also available on Steam, but there are some games on Steam that have DLC that isn't on Steam.

I'm pretty sure I have games on Steam that don't support full screen.

MeanJim on Steam

5. Re: Revelations 2012 Jun 26, 2012, 01:16 Prez

I wanted to point out to those who claim I buy every game on Steam that I am NOT buying Revelations.

I might send Total Biscuit money for having to slog through that turd for our enjoyment.

- Mahatma Gandhi

4. Re: Revelations 2012 Jun 25, 2012, 23:54 Jerykk

I'm pretty curious as to Valve's requirements for Steam acceptance. I remember that Wadjet Eye had trouble getting Gemini Rue onto Steam because it didn't support full-screen originally. However, once they added that, it got onto Steam. If EA's insinuations are accurate, Steam won't allow you to sell a game that has DLC unless that DLC is also available on Steam, but there are some games on Steam that have DLC that isn't on Steam.  

23 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo