Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Far Cry 3 Delayed

Ubisoft announces a delay for Far Cry 3, saying the first-person shooter sequel is now due for PCs and consoles on November 29th in EMEA territories and on December 4th in the U.S. "We're taking more time to create the best possible gameplay experience," said Dan Hay, producer at Ubisoft. "Far Cry 3 is a huge offering and we want every element of this insane, action-packed adventure to be of the highest possible quality for the players." Prior to this setback, the game was expected in September.

View
45 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

5. Re: Far Cry 3 Delayed Jun 25, 2012, 13:35 theyarecomingforyou

I'd much rather they delay it than rush it, so it's fine by me. It means they're not competing with Borderlands 2, which is probably for the best. As for the rest of the November competition they have BlOps 2 (which I would assume is quite a different demographic), as well as third-person games like Hitman: Absolution and Assassin's Creed 3 (both very different games despite being high profile).

The market doesn't tolerate bad releases and nobody cares if you patch it up afterwards. From what I understand RAGE sales tanked badly after all the launch issues and the first few months are crucial for a game.

Still, it's looking to be one of the best releases of the year.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

4. Re: Far Cry 3 Delayed Jun 25, 2012, 13:15 nin

Already been pirated, tears tears.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

3. Re: Far Cry 3 Delayed Jun 25, 2012, 13:14 NegaDeath

Fine by me, better to delay it than release before it's ready.

On a completely unrelated note the TF2 "Meet The Pyro" short lands Wednesday.

2. Re: Far Cry 3 Delayed Jun 25, 2012, 13:13 Viper114

Ah nuts. And here I was hoping that after a summer of BLAH for new games, I'd get the ball rolling with Far Cry 3 on September 4th. Oh well, guess I have to wait until September 18th and go for Borderlands 2.  

1. Re: Far Cry 3 Delayed Jun 25, 2012, 13:00 Shataan

Aaaah the Year Of The Delay. Go figure. ;p  

45 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo