Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Far Cry 3 Delayed

Ubisoft announces a delay for Far Cry 3, saying the first-person shooter sequel is now due for PCs and consoles on November 29th in EMEA territories and on December 4th in the U.S. "We're taking more time to create the best possible gameplay experience," said Dan Hay, producer at Ubisoft. "Far Cry 3 is a huge offering and we want every element of this insane, action-packed adventure to be of the highest possible quality for the players." Prior to this setback, the game was expected in September.

View
45 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

25. Re: Far Cry 3 Delayed Jun 25, 2012, 16:47 Axis

Every try to enjoy a hike with a sprained ankle?

Yea -- controls is all that matters. If it feels like crap, it don't matter what else is going on.

Yours truly,

Axis
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

24. Re: Far Cry 3 Delayed Jun 25, 2012, 16:42 ItBurn

I've personally never had any problem with the game. Sure it had some flaws, but come on. It was a fully open world with non-linear gameplay, exploration, you could play the way you wanted and it had a ton of crazy and original features like the insane fire and foliage destruction effects.
I guess you guys would rather have call of duty 58, the wonderful 100% scripted shooting gallery. I'm sure it has no bugs.

23. Re: Far Cry 3 Delayed Jun 25, 2012, 16:37 Jedi Master

I played the whole thing through twice, have over 80 hrs in it, which makes me a bit of a rarity I guess.

Anyway, the respawning enemies could have been tweaked to taking more than 30 seconds after you go around the corner to return and that would've been a lot better. Other games have had the same thing and received far less flak, such as STALKER. The larger amount of time, however, made it seem more plausible that others have wandered in.

Malaria was annoying to the extent that it always hit me in the middle of a firefight and then MEGA BLUR! Wait 30 seconds and it became bearable, but that onset was horrible. All it did beyond that was ensure you did the underground missions to get pills.

Hang gliders should've been omitted when the highest you could get was like the equivalent of a 4 story structure! Original FC had giant cliffs you could jump off that gave you like a couple of minutes of flight time. FC2 longest I had was maybe 20 seconds??

22. Re: Far Cry 3 Delayed Jun 25, 2012, 16:34 Axis

I don't use Win Vista/7 unless it's required. DirectX had nothing to do with it's horrid controls.

If a company can't implement solid controls that veteren PC users expect - it's in the garbage bin no matter what else the game features.

A good majority of people these days have no idea what PC controls are supposed to feel like - they are just as happy to put on an xbox controller and call it amazing. These same people would load up a game of quakelive and quit within a few minutes convinced everyone was hacking or just annoyed at how terrible they are then blame the game.

Yours truly,

Axis

21. Re: Far Cry 3 Delayed Jun 25, 2012, 16:29 NegaDeath

I had a weird permanent bug where the mouse was completely out of control. I move one inch to the left and the view does a spinning 360 in a different direction. Completely unplayable and it never went away, and it's the only game I've ever had that happen in. Oh well only paid $5 or something like that (steam sale).  

20. Re: Far Cry 3 Delayed Jun 25, 2012, 16:19 SlimRam

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Jun 25, 2012, 16:05:
Verno wrote on Jun 25, 2012, 15:21:
Kythlyn wrote on Jun 25, 2012, 14:15:
Far Cry 2 is STILL a mess on PC. Bugs everywhere.

I didn't really put much time into FC2, what specifically were the problems? Just curious, I vaguely remember the respawning enemies being obnoxious and hated the malaria implementation but that was more my opinion than actual bugs.
Yeah, I don't really remember any bugs, just a lot of really annoying gameplay design decisions that made it feel like the game just wanted to make me quit. The fact that those things couldn't be changed or modded out was probably the most frustrating thing about it. I played it for a little while and then moved on to something fun. Too bad, because it had a lot of potential. Hope that designer never gets involved in another FC game.

Annoying things, off the top of my head:
  • malaria crap

• respawning enemies (I just fucking killed you 2 minutes ago!!)

• ridiculously repetitive car chases

• omniscient enemies

• BS "secret mission" crap to justify everyone trying to kill you

• interface still felt kind of console-y (minor thing.. but still)

• Well the thing that REALLY evened the playing field for me with the respawn/car chase thingy was ALWAYS driving a technical with the MG mounted on the back. You heard the engine rev and bullets wizz behind you, stop the truck, jump to the MG with a touch of a button, and lay into the bastards Worked like a charm; before I realized that I stayed off the main roads as much as possible and used the bus system to get closer to the objective. Oh, and I REALLY like the fact that your npc buddy could come and rescue you when you got shot up good.

They always say that everyone's good at something...

I just have to find the right kind of place that appreciates nude juggling of a midget, a hand grenade, and a porcupine while playing the kazoo and riding a unicycle backwards without a seat

19. Re: Far Cry 3 Delayed Jun 25, 2012, 16:05 Wowbagger_TIP

Verno wrote on Jun 25, 2012, 15:21:

I didn't really put much time into FC2, what specifically were the problems? Just curious, I vaguely remember the respawning enemies being obnoxious and hated the malaria implementation but that was more my opinion than actual bugs.
    Yeah, I don't really remember any bugs, just a lot of really annoying gameplay design decisions that made it feel like the game just wanted to make me quit. The fact that those things couldn't be changed or modded out was probably the most frustrating thing about it. I played it for a little while and then moved on to something fun. Too bad, because it had a lot of potential. Hope that designer never gets involved in another FC game.

Annoying things, off the top of my head:
  • malaria crap

• respawning enemies (I just fucking killed you 2 minutes ago!!)

• ridiculously frequent and repetitive car chases

• omniscient enemies

• BS "secret mission" crap to justify everyone trying to kill you

• interface still felt kind of console-y (minor thing.. but still)

• This comment was edited on Jun 25, 2012, 16:14.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

18. Re: Far Cry 3 Delayed Jun 25, 2012, 15:58 DangerDog

well at least they're not kicking it out the door before CoD just to grab some quick cash.  

17. Re: Far Cry 3 Delayed Jun 25, 2012, 15:52 SlimRam

I played FC2 for quite a bit, kinda screwing around alot trying to find the diamonds and stuff, playing some of the missions and i actually had a bit of fun with it? I didn't like the respawning AT ALL and it felt like a chore to get from one place to the other (even with the bus system they had) but...I kinda liked it. I played with a xbox controller (which worked great with it) and i didn't think the response was so bad? The malaria thing was retarded BUT when you ran out of pills it kind of changed the gameplay to "Go get some more damn pills before you DIE!". And for the time, with the graphics maxed, the game WAS drop dead gorgeous. I remember showing my wife the first time I jumped in a boat and went cruising down the waterway and even she said, "Damn that's pretty" As far as bugs go...my game never crashed once that I remember?  

They always say that everyone's good at something...

I just have to find the right kind of place that appreciates nude juggling of a midget, a hand grenade, and a porcupine while playing the kazoo and riding a unicycle backwards without a seat

16. Re: Far Cry 3 Delayed Jun 25, 2012, 15:21 Verno

Playing: Alien Isolation, 7 Days to Die, Dragon Age Origins
    Watching: The Canal, Brazil, The Town That Dreaded Sundown

15. Re: Far Cry 3 Delayed Jun 25, 2012, 15:12 qsto

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Jun 25, 2012, 15:09:
    Highlander wrote on Jun 25, 2012, 14:24:
    Yes, it was. The controls were floaty and terrible. I installed and uninstalled in a matter of minutes after playing it.
    You bought a game and uninstalled it within minutes? Some people have more money than sense.
    I see what you did there...

14. Re: Far Cry 3 Delayed Jun 25, 2012, 15:09 theyarecomingforyou

Yes, it was. The controls were floaty and terrible. I installed and uninstalled in a matter of minutes after playing it.
    You bought a game and uninstalled it within minutes? Some people have more money than sense.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
    Star Citizen: Blue's News

13. Re: Far Cry 3 Delayed Jun 25, 2012, 15:09 qsto

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Jun 25, 2012, 14:19:
    Axis wrote on Jun 25, 2012, 13:46:
    Far Cry 2 was such a mess on PC, the controls and responsiveness made it complete garbage.

So I care less about FC3.
    No, it wasn't.

Yes, it was. The controls were floaty and terrible. I installed and uninstalled in a matter of minutes after playing it. However, I am looking forward to FC3.
    It was just a bad DX10 implementation. On DX9 the controls were smooth and totally responsive.

Doesn't take away the fact that it's a shit game...

12. Re: Far Cry 3 Delayed Jun 25, 2012, 14:40 Caslon

"Far Cry 3 is a huge offering and we want every element of this insane, action-packed adventure to be of the highest possible quality for the players." TRANSLATION: "The delay will allow us to release the game with 5 major bugs instead of the 10 we anticipated and which we here at Ubisoft deem acceptable and part of business as usual in the gaming business."  

11. Re: Far Cry 3 Delayed Jun 25, 2012, 14:33 Caslon

Ah yes, the inevitable announcement we all knew was coming. Far be it from Ubisoft to break new ground by sticking to their initial release date. And ah yes...the inevitable response from players about being glad they aren't rushing the game so it turns out right, even tho delayed games are full of bugs upon release anyways.  

10. Re: Far Cry 3 Delayed Jun 25, 2012, 14:24 Highlander

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Jun 25, 2012, 14:19:
    Far Cry 2 was such a mess on PC, the controls and responsiveness made it complete garbage.

No, it wasn't.

Yes, it was. The controls were floaty and terrible. I installed and uninstalled in a matter of minutes after playing it. However, I am looking forward to FC3.

9. Re: Far Cry 3 Delayed Jun 25, 2012, 14:19 theyarecomingforyou

No, it wasn't.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
    Star Citizen: Blue's News

8. Re: Far Cry 3 Delayed Jun 25, 2012, 14:15 Kythlyn

7. Re: Far Cry 3 Delayed Jun 25, 2012, 13:50 ItBurn

Um, no, I felt that it was a competent PC port.

6. Re: Far Cry 3 Delayed Jun 25, 2012, 13:46 Axis

Yours truly,

Axis

45 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 2.
    < Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo