Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Consolidation

View
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

6. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 26, 2012, 10:57 PropheT

LurkerLito wrote on Jun 25, 2012, 11:31:
Dragon's Dogma is a AWESOME RPG game I will be buying the sequel for certain.

Yup, seeing that there'll be a sequel is the best news I've seen in a long time. I've been playing it non-stop since it came out, and even as someone who doesn't replay most of my games...I've finished it 4 times and working on a 5th.

I'm glad it did well enough to draw a sequel, I'll definitely be on it day 1. Now it just needs a PC version...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 25, 2012, 17:08 avianflu

Dragon's Dogma is great -- though at level 35-ish it starts to get too easy. Excellent action RPG as long as you dont mind the wonky console framerate issues

4. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 25, 2012, 13:49 Elf Shot The Food

Speaking of Dark Souls, I bought this game for 360 yesterday. Any PC gamer who thinks that console games are "too easy" is in for a rude awakening when the Prepare to Die edition comes out in August. Progress is measured in inches, and it'll take hours to gain those inches.

I've put about seven hours in so far, and I still haven't beaten the first "real" boss of the game yet. I'm a sucker for punishment though, so I keep coming back for more. At one point I even yelled "NOOOOO!!!" in classic Darth Vader style.

3. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 25, 2012, 13:10 Wowbagger_TIP

LurkerLito wrote on Jun 25, 2012, 11:31:
My biggest complaint about it is that it's only console, so my PS3 is the only way to play it. I'd LOVE to have this on PC running at a better resolution, with a significant increase in drawing distance with reduced pop ups and faster loading.

I tried the 360 demo, but hated the controls. I'll wait and see if it ever comes to PC. I hate playing anything that requires aiming on the console.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

2. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 25, 2012, 12:13 Jivaro

I need to buy Dragon's Dogma. I keep hearing how awesome it is from people who liked Demon/Dark Souls...which in my mind is a huge compliment.

+1 on the wish for a PC version as well. Then again, I want a PC version of every game. Hell, I buy games on multiple platforms if I like them enough and they have the "replayability" to make it worth my time. Something obvious like Bejeweled 3 or Plants vs Zombies is on 3 different platforms in my household. The Lego games (like Lego Batman) and the 2K Sports games (ie 2K12 Basketball) are on 2 platforms...which gives me some much appreciated flexibility. I mean, if I want to play but my wife is using the TV, I can still play.

I guess I have gotten to the point that if I feel like playing a game, I want to be able to play wherever I want at that particular time. World of Goo is on my Wii, PC, and iPad. I wish more games had that kind of flexibility. Spiderweb Software released Avalon: The Black Fortress on iPad and PC too, and Jeff's games lend themselves well to the touchscreen. I think of it as finding the bright side to the various multi-platform issues there are. I mean there are downsides, like lazy UI adaptions, but sometimes the upsides are nice too.

/EndOffTopicRandomThought

1. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 25, 2012, 11:31 LurkerLito

Dragon's Dogma is a AWESOME RPG game I will be buying the sequel for certain. It's one of the better ones I have played (though the story is kind of generic). It is hard and the atmosphere really gives you a sense of dread when night comes. Your lantern is the only light and does not reach very far. Exploring is really fun in this game and you will run everywhere (they have one warp to town stone but it only brings you back to town and costs quite a bit of money). As soon as you start feeling powerful, you will run into something that will make you feel very weak. And like in real life, the most dangerous animal are not the roaming beasts, but the humans that band together in large groups with all the skills and maybe more that you and your party have.

I highly recommend the game. You may be "arisen" but without a group to help, you are dead. The Pawn system is well executed and essential. You can play offline but using computer generated pawns in your party will make the game more difficult, as they don't have the best upgraded skills/weapons/armor and often times all the slots are not used so they lack in damage or healing/buffing capabilities.

My biggest complaint about it is that it's only console, so my PS3 is the only way to play it. I'd LOVE to have this on PC running at a better resolution, with a significant increase in drawing distance with reduced pop ups and faster loading.

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo