Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

This morning Hudson the wonder dog alerted us to the presence of some people in the yard, though she wasn't in full-on alert mode: This was more like "your friends who are allowed in the yard are here." This is because it was the third visit in a short span from the tree guys who were unexpectedly hauling more debris out of our yard. They explained that they were told their Friday job called to complain they had not done an adequate clean-up, and they assumed it was us because their other job was just a light trimming. I assured them that they had done a bang-up job, and we had lodged no complaints. Today I'll call their boss and tell them how great they were, just to set the record straight.

Links: Thanks Ant and Acleacius.
Play: Sugar Sugar 2.
Zomboz 2.
Links: Boobsdontworkthatway.tumblr.com. Thanks Reddit.
Stories: Alex Trebek, 'Jeopardy!' host, hospitalized after mild heart attack.
"No More Batman Movies" Says Nolan's Wife.
'Little Jerry Seinfeld,' chicken mascot for weekend, finds a new home for life.
Science: Your Brain on a Magic Trick. Thanks j.c.f.
Study predicts more hot spells in Southern California. Thanks Slashdot.
Media: The Prometheus Science Training School.
Michael Moschen: Juggling Rhythm and Motion.
The Funnies: Brevity.

View
17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

17. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 25, 2012, 17:36 Pigeon

DG wrote on Jun 25, 2012, 15:15:
Make the call - most folk are quick to voice dissatisfaction, few to give praise.

On Diablo 3, is it just down to me getting into the late 50's level or has the AH (EU here) gone strange? I'd never paid more than 50k for an item and suddenly it's hundreds of thousands for trivial stuff like an enchantress focus. And the prices are all over the place, something goes for maybe 250k then something slightly better is into the millions.

Prices have probably gone up as lvl 60 inferno players are trying to recoup their repair bills. That and I'm sure the RMAH doesn't help since everyone seems to be listing decent gear for $1.25, hoping they'll get a bite.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

16. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 25, 2012, 16:02 nin

DG wrote on Jun 25, 2012, 15:15:
Make the call - most folk are quick to voice dissatisfaction, few to give praise.

On Diablo 3, is it just down to me getting into the late 50's level or has the AH (EU here) gone strange? I'd never paid more than 50k for an item and suddenly it's hundreds of thousands for trivial stuff like an enchantress focus. And the prices are all over the place, something goes for maybe 250k then something slightly better is into the millions.

The only winning move is not to play.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

15. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 25, 2012, 15:23 PHJF

I don't think the game has been out long enough for an economy to set in.  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

14. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 25, 2012, 15:15 DG

13. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 25, 2012, 14:10 Cutter

kanniballl wrote on Jun 25, 2012, 10:19:
Blue couldn't finish typing, because as he got to that sentence he realized the Tree guys were actually home-invaders and they silenced him.

Seriously though, without reading the rest of the post... that is one of the things I'd be wary off. You hire some guys to do something: tree stuff, roof stuff, security-system stuff, etc. then they know the layout of your home and perhaps your schedule.

Having them "stop by" unannounced would give me pause to wonder what they were doing there.-

That's why you should always mention you work at home.

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

12. Re: Re: Boobsdontworkthatway.tumblr.com Jun 25, 2012, 13:52 sauron

J wrote on Jun 25, 2012, 11:00:
A whole site dedicated to telling me that fantasy boobs aren't realistic.

Do they get paid for that? I could do that

An excellent concept, and academically sound.

A PhD thesis on fake boobs needs to be written. And illustrated. IN HIGH DEFINITION!

Kittens!

11. Re: Re: Boobsdontworkthatway.tumblr.com Jun 25, 2012, 12:36 Agent.X7

J wrote on Jun 25, 2012, 11:00:

Right. The whole "OMG! Fake boobs aren't real!" schtick is getting really old. Especially when they complain about some boobs that really do exist. They've never seen a stripper in real life, apparently. Granted, a lot of real life boobs are fake, but they still exist.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

10. Re: Boobsdontworkthatway.tumblr.com Jun 25, 2012, 11:00 J

9. Re: Brevity - Huh? Jun 25, 2012, 10:36 briktal

nin wrote on Jun 25, 2012, 10:25:
kanniballl wrote on Jun 25, 2012, 10:23:
OK, I'm confused. What does the 25-Jun Brevity mean?

Is the guard afraid he's gonna strip? Is that supposed to be a rock star? Does this have something to do with a news item I'm not following?

I'm assuming it has to do with that stupid assed jersey shore bullshit...? (FWIW, I didn't find it funny.)

Yeah I'm pretty sure that's The Situation from Jersey Shore. And he's going up an escalator. The joke is...pretty rough.

8. Re: Brevity - Huh? Jun 25, 2012, 10:32 PHJF

So I decided to jump back into Skyrim with some mods (having exhausted myself of Dragon's Dogma), and lo and behold after all this time Bethesda still never fixed two of the most glaring issues, favoriting while dual wielding and the interface not showing rebinded keys. Unbelievable.  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

7. Re: Brevity - Huh? Jun 25, 2012, 10:25 nin

kanniballl wrote on Jun 25, 2012, 10:23:

Is the guard afraid he's gonna strip? Is that supposed to be a rock star? Does this have something to do with a news item I'm not following?

I'm assuming it has to do with that stupid assed jersey shore bullshit...? (FWIW, I didn't find it funny.)

6. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 25, 2012, 10:23  Blue 

kanniballl wrote on Jun 25, 2012, 10:19:
Blue couldn't finish typing, because as he got to that sentence he realized the Tree guys were actually home-invaders and they silenced him.

Lol... sorry for the cliffhanger.

Seriously though, without reading the rest of the post... that is one of the things I'd be wary off. You hire some guys to do something: tree stuff, roof stuff, security-system stuff, etc. then they know the layout of your home and perhaps your schedule.

Having them "stop by" unannounced would give me pause to wonder what they were doing there.

Those are good concerns to have when dealing with workers. In this case, this is a bonded company we've dealt with before. They also have never entered the house, so I'm less concerned than one might normally be. I think it was all an honest mistake.

-

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip
Blue's News Publisher, Editor-in-Chief, El Presidente for Life

5. Brevity - Huh? Jun 25, 2012, 10:23 kanniballl

"Space. It seems to go on and on forever. But then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you."
-Fry, Futurama

4. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 25, 2012, 10:21 nin

OK, thank god - crisis averted there.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 25, 2012, 10:19 kanniballl

Having them "stop by" unannounced would give me pause to wonder what they were doing there.

-

"Space. It seems to go on and on forever. But then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you."
-Fry, Futurama

2. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 25, 2012, 10:06 nin

You assured them what?! Don't keep us in suspense!!!

Seriously!

"AND THEN WHAT?!?!"

1. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 25, 2012, 10:03 Cutter

You assured them what?! Don't keep us in suspense!!!

Wow, haven't head Some sing, some dance by Michael Pagliaro ina long time. I always forget how much I like his music.

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo