Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Well, a dramatic chapter around here closed to some extent yesterday, when we finally cut down the mulberry tree that was a problem for our neighbor's fence. This ended up being the source of some ill will between the guy next door and MrsBlue, with his wife and I sort of caught in the middle, but with other tree work going on in our yard, I was able to convince MrsBlue it was for the best it come down. As it turns out, we're now getting some nice sun in a formerly gloomy portion of our yard, so there's a bright side to all of this, so to speak.

Bright Links: Thanks Ant and Acleacius.
Play: Bonkers Conkers 2.
Toy Defense.
Links: The 14 Worst Boobs in the History of Video Games.
Stories: McDonald's shows how it spruces up its burgers in a video. Thanks Devicer.
Charlie Sheen Cast As U.S. President in 'Machete' Sequel. Thanks nin.
Media: Dredd 3D Official Trailer #1. Thanks Joao.
MIT Research Amplifies Invisible Detail In Video. Thanks loonybomber.
-Airplane- Trailer Makes It Look Like A Serious Movie.

View
24 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

24. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 23, 2012, 23:25 Cutter

ASeven wrote on Jun 23, 2012, 22:27:
When does the Steam sales start anyway? Damn, hope it starts this Monday.

I believe June 28th is the start date.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

23. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 23, 2012, 22:35 nin

ASeven wrote on Jun 23, 2012, 22:27:

My wallet hopes it's another week away...

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

22. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 23, 2012, 22:27 ASeven

21. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 23, 2012, 22:04 PHJF

I don't get an error or a crash, the entire firefox window just becomes completely unresponsive to everything and must be CTRLALTDEL.  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

20. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 23, 2012, 21:57 jimnms

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jun 23, 2012, 15:52:
In preparation for the Steam Sale - I have the following games for free/trade if anyone would like:

*2 copies - Post Apocalyptic Mayhem
*1 copy - Nuclear Dawn (showed up today for no reason)
*1 copy - The Ship
*1 copy - Torchlight 1
*1 copy - Terraria (gave Blue almost a year to claim it as a gift)

Also, it anyone playing the free Source based Vindictus (action MMO).
http://store.steampowered.com/app/212160

In preparation for the summer sale, I'm putting Steam in offline mode and avoiding Blues News until it's over.

I have three copies of The Ship, one Nuclear Dawn, Half Life 2 and Grid (which I got for doing the winter achievements and haven't decided if I'm going to play it yet). I also have Steam keys for Killing Floor and Plain Sight from an indie bundle.

One thing we can do for game giveaways is to create group giveaways on Steam Gifts. Everyone would need to be in the Blues News Steam group and sign up on Steam Gifts. That way winners will be picked at random instead of luck of first come first served.

Steam Profile

19. Re: Random thoughts (DayZ, Fallout MMO) Jun 23, 2012, 21:35 jimnms

I finally got it to do it (http://imgur.com/bIwdh). The error(s) in the box are different each time. Clicking dismiss or continue closes it and the page still works fine.  

Steam Profile

18. Re: Random thoughts (DayZ, Fallout MMO) Jun 23, 2012, 21:29 jimnms

PHJF wrote on Jun 23, 2012, 19:11:
If you were out in the wasteland scavenging, questing, etc. and saw another person, you wouldn't know if they were friendly or would shoot you on sight and loot your stuff. If they were friendly, you could trade, team up, but never really know if they're going to shoot you in the back when you're not expecting it.

This was supposed to be STALKER until the realities of game development hit GSC like a brick to the nuts.

Anyways I went back to Flash 10.3 and it solved my Firefox problem.

Yes, but Stalker was always going to be SP.

As for Firefox/flash, since updating flash the other day I get an error box pop up when I visit pages with flash content. I forget what it says and now that just tried to make it do it, it's not popping up. Once it did freeze Firefox, but I killed the plugin-container.exe process and Firefox was fine.

Steam Profile

17. Re: Random thoughts (DayZ, Fallout MMO) Jun 23, 2012, 19:43 Capella

There was a link here on Blues sometime this past week about FF locking up with flash. That link posted a fix. I had the problem on one machine but not the other.

Edit: June 18th Evening Safety Dance

This comment was edited on Jun 24, 2012, 14:58.

"Yeah everyone's gotta have the sickness
Cause everyone seems to need the cure"

16. Re: Random thoughts (DayZ, Fallout MMO) Jun 23, 2012, 19:11 PHJF

If you were out in the wasteland scavenging, questing, etc. and saw another person, you wouldn't know if they were friendly or would shoot you on sight and loot your stuff. If they were friendly, you could trade, team up, but never really know if they're going to shoot you in the back when you're not expecting it.

This was supposed to be STALKER until the realities of game development hit GSC like a brick to the nuts.

Anyways I went back to Flash 10.3 and it solved my Firefox problem.

15. Random thoughts (DayZ, Fallout MMO) Jun 23, 2012, 19:07 jimnms

I played a bit of DayZ when it first came out. Not being able to play every day and usually only at night kind of killed it for me. I always logged in to find myself dying of hunger and thirst. The new version changed that, so I'm going to check it out again.

I've been watching some let's plays on YouTube and streams on Twitch.tv to get some "intel" on where good stuff is, and a though occurred to me. This kind of game play would be awesome in a Fallout MMO. You could have towns, cities, etc. where fighting isn't allowed, where you trade and get quests, but outside those walls it would be a huge open world like DayZ with everyone for themselves. If you were out in the wasteland scavenging, questing, etc. and saw another person, you wouldn't know if they were friendly or would shoot you on sight and loot your stuff. If they were friendly, you could trade, team up, but never really know if they're going to shoot you in the back when you're not expecting it.

Steam Profile

14. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 23, 2012, 19:06 Mr. Tact

I finally gave up on FF and use Chrome now. I'm happy with the change.  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

13. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 23, 2012, 19:04 nin

DangerDog wrote on Jun 23, 2012, 17:54:
PHJF wrote on Jun 23, 2012, 17:22:
Anyone having Firefox becoming completely unresponsive all the time now? Seems to be Flash's doing.

not unresponsive as in needing to force it to shut down but when I scroll through youtube videos they get all chopped up and kind of garbled with text on the page.

exhibit A:

http://i.imgur.com/XBQmk.jpg

didn't use to do this, either flash update or firefox update - did both about the same time.

I'm seeing flash do that all the time under FF now.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

12. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 23, 2012, 18:42 xXBatmanXx

DangerDog wrote on Jun 23, 2012, 17:54:
Anyone having Firefox becoming completely unresponsive all the time now? Seems to be Flash's doing.

not unresponsive as in needing to force it to shut down but when I scroll through youtube videos they get all chopped up and kind of garbled with text on the page.

exhibit A:

didn't use to do this, either flash update or firefox update - did both about the same time.

Probably something ON THAT PAGE. Did you restart recently? I sometimes leave FF open way to long and it is a resource creeper.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

11. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 23, 2012, 17:54 DangerDog

exhibit A:

10. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 23, 2012, 17:22 PHJF

9. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 23, 2012, 17:21 Hoop

I take it the tree had no bearing on the borders of Manstovia, looking at cnn I can't see any action being taken by the proud little principality.  

Um .. Behind you...

8. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 23, 2012, 17:04 Cutter

Mr. Tact wrote on Jun 23, 2012, 16:23:
Cutter wrote on Jun 23, 2012, 15:46:
Oh yeah, caught a bloody brilliant film last night...God Bless America. Can't reccomend it enoguh. Give it a watch!

Hmm, after watching the trailer I can't decide if it looks like one of the best films of 2011 or one of the worst. I'm torn.

It's really good.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 23, 2012, 17:00 Cutter

Yeah that's the one. Fortunately a local company here Canada Computers sells them for $39. I'll see how the flight with M+K works for PS2 before I buy one.

There's some cool looking one from Saitek but a $100 is a bit pricey.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 23, 2012, 16:55 Dev

And speaking of PS2 I've been looking at the Thrustmaster Hotas joystick and throttle - $40. Anyone use one of these? The reviews seem to be pretty good all around.
Link? They make a number of versions.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 23, 2012, 16:36 jdreyer

And speaking of PS2 I've been looking at the Thrustmaster Hotas joystick and throttle - $40. Anyone use one of these? The reviews seem to be pretty good all around.

Oh yeah, caught a bloody brilliant film last night...God Bless America. Can't reccomend it enoguh. Give it a watch!

I think this is the same HOTAS system. I've been waiting for it to go on sale. It was $25 at Christmas and I regret not buying it then since it jumped up over $50 right after that. Currently at $47.

If you liked God Bless America, you might also like World's Greatest Dad, Goldthwait's other big movie, although they are different genres.

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

24 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo