Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

etc., etc.

View
16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

16. Re: etc., etc. Jun 24, 2012, 17:14 Orogogus

Even rolling charts -- e.g., stock price charts -- usually put the low end of the x-axis on the left, and they usually label the axis, too. It's just that it seems like the charts were intentionally made to present the opposite conclusion.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

15. Re: etc., etc. Jun 24, 2012, 10:28 Jonny

Orogogus wrote on Jun 23, 2012, 20:09:
Huh. Why are the charts that way?

Might be a six year rolling chart with new data coming in on the left and pushing off old data on the right. Then again, this is an Eve related website, it might just be done like that to trip up people whining on forums about how awful the game is and how the chart shows it's dying.

14. Re: etc., etc. Jun 23, 2012, 20:09 Orogogus

Huh. Why are the charts that way?  

13. Re: etc., etc. Jun 23, 2012, 18:37 NKD

Jonny wrote on Jun 23, 2012, 17:06:
Orogogus wrote on Jun 23, 2012, 14:45:
The all-time chart does seem to show a drop from a former steady point at ~30K to ~15K, and Umbragen didn't specify a time period.

The all-time chart is backwards. 2006 is on the right, 2012 is on the left, mouseover it for dates. The average seems to have been pretty stable for the last 4 years.

Correct. It peaked about last year and has dipped very slightly since then.

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

12. Re: etc., etc. Jun 23, 2012, 17:06 Jonny

Orogogus wrote on Jun 23, 2012, 14:45:
The all-time chart does seem to show a drop from a former steady point at ~30K to ~15K, and Umbragen didn't specify a time period.

The all-time chart is backwards. 2006 is on the right, 2012 is on the left, mouseover it for dates. The average seems to have been pretty stable for the last 4 years.

11. Re: etc., etc. Jun 23, 2012, 14:45 Orogogus

10. Re: etc., etc. Jun 23, 2012, 13:14 NKD

Umbragen wrote on Jun 23, 2012, 09:57:
I don't think I'm alone either; if you notice the count of players logged in, the numbers have dropped by a third to as much as half.

False.

http://eve-offline.net/?server=tranquility

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

9. Re: etc., etc. Jun 23, 2012, 09:57 Umbragen

I ended up playing Evemon more than EVE itself, there just wasn't enough 'Game' to make logging in worth it. I don't think I'm alone either; if you notice the count of players logged in, the numbers have dropped by a third to as much as half.

And Stormsinger is right, the game is rife with sociopaths. If you don't think so your probably one of them.

8. Re: etc., etc. Jun 23, 2012, 05:19 Jonny

Stormsinger wrote on Jun 23, 2012, 01:21:
Eve, a game of the sociopaths, for the sociopaths, and by the sociopaths.

It's a bit sad really, large parts of the game are actually fun. But I have no interest in being required to play the part of a target for someone else's greed. And you have no real choice in Eve...you're either sociopath, or target.

Odd that I've played for years and I'm neither, also I know many people in Eve who are neither sociopath nor target. The griefing bastards rule the roost in Eve publicity and if you run into one I can see how it would colour perceptions of the community, but most people just play the game without trying to fuck over everybody they meet.

7. Re: etc., etc. Jun 23, 2012, 05:05 eRe4s3r

How is that an exploit anyway, you can manipulate market price, that is part of the gameplay. You get somehow money from destroyed ships and what cargo they carried. It's obvious the next step is to manipulate price for 1 item (obviously after stockpiling a billion of them) and then do that.

Makes me wonder whatever happened to the economist @ CCP. Because that is 101 of market manipulation...

6. Re: etc., etc. Jun 23, 2012, 03:01 RailWizard

Pretty sure it's been downhill only since goons arrived few years ago.

It was pretty nice before that. There is no sense of immersion now at all. They remind you of that everytime you see them. "Why so mad? It's just a game!"

"It's just a game." The warcry and core excuse of the worst kind of gamers.

5. Re: etc., etc. Jun 23, 2012, 01:35 Veterator

Destroy what you love comes to mind. They are basically making it even more unlikely to retain players and impossible to pick up new players.

Would you play a game where the devs hand out stuff and got caught, people exploit and don't get removed, and generally everyone seems out to do whatever "because I can LoL".

If any game proves that consoles are vulnerable to hacks, Im betting their new console game will be it....the culture their games attracts is ......something.

4. Re: etc., etc. Jun 23, 2012, 01:21 Stormsinger

Eve, a game of the sociopaths, for the sociopaths, and by the sociopaths.

It's a bit sad really, large parts of the game are actually fun. But I have no interest in being required to play the part of a target for someone else's greed. And you have no real choice in Eve...you're either sociopath, or target.

3. Re: etc., etc. Jun 23, 2012, 01:17 Tumbler

Wow, $175,000. Wow. I wonder what the item was they were using that they jacked the price up so high?  
99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

2. Re: etc., etc. Jun 22, 2012, 23:20 Zarkonis

What a surprise, GoonSwarm was involved. What a fucking surprise...  
Slow and steady might not win the race at first, until you shoot everyone ahead of you.

1. Re: etc., etc. Jun 22, 2012, 22:09 The Half Elf

*gets popcorn*  

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo