Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Nuclear Union Announced

1C Company announces development of Nuclear Union, a "large-scale" post-apocalyptic role-playing game in the works at Men of War developer Best Way. The Nuclear Union Website is online with a debut trailer, and here's a bit on the game:

Every child knows the glorious story that lead to today. When the Capitalist Alliance lead by the Americans refused to allow our defensive screen in Cuba, in 1962, and then attacked us with nuclear weapons. However our Motherland and the Soviet Forces were better prepared than the dogs knew. We leveled them, and half the planet, to show our sickle is sharp and the hammer hits hard indeed!

While the Americans celebrated that they reduced Moscow to rubble, our air defenses kept the city from becoming ash. Almost the entire planet surface was contaminated by their bombs, but it didnít matter as we had moved underground days before. The Soviet Union did what we have always done, survived. The country underwent a massive evacuation of the most important citizens, leaders and industries to a pre-built network of specifically equipped bunkers.

Itís 50 years later, 2012, and our glorious capital city, Pobedograd (Victory City), is a beacon of hope. Itís time to go outside again brothers and sisters, time to see what has become of our Motherland and her proud cities and towns. Grab a weapon and join us!

View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. Re: Nuclear Union Announced Jun 23, 2012, 20:04 Bet

TychoCelchuuu wrote on Jun 22, 2012, 16:25:
The DigitalMindSoft Men of War games have been good, the Best Way ones have been pretty bad. Although Best Way co-developed the first Men of War, which was great, and they also made Soldiers: Heroes of World War II, the first game in the series, which was great. But they ALSO made Faces of War, the second game in the series, which sucked.

So in conclusion this will probably (but not definitely) suck.
Faces of War didn't suck, it was a carbon copy of S:HoWW2 with an actual working internet co-op mode in. Are you going off metacritic or something?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: Nuclear Union Announced Jun 22, 2012, 16:25 TychoCelchuuu

The DigitalMindSoft Men of War games have been good, the Best Way ones have been pretty bad. Although Best Way co-developed the first Men of War, which was great, and they also made Soldiers: Heroes of World War II, the first game in the series, which was great. But they ALSO made Faces of War, the second game in the series, which sucked.

So in conclusion this will probably (but not definitely) suck.

10. Re: Nuclear Union Announced Jun 22, 2012, 14:17 netnerd85

Zptr wrote on Jun 22, 2012, 12:17:
The Men of War games haven't been too shabby at all, so I think we can afford to be a little optimistic. Can't we?
But I think digitalmindsoft is the reason for that

9. Re: Nuclear Union Announced Jun 22, 2012, 13:58 Cutter

I'm down with the soviet counterpart of Fallout. And so are all of you! Hells yeah!

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

8. Re: Nuclear Union Announced Jun 22, 2012, 13:50 ItBurn

Third person party-based rpg.
Not too excited about it. I wish it was more like STALKER.
First person, no party, all atmosphere and immersion.

7. Re: Nuclear Union Announced Jun 22, 2012, 13:10 MajorD

space captain wrote on Jun 22, 2012, 13:07:
commie shit

LOL!

6. Re: Nuclear Union Announced Jun 22, 2012, 13:07 space captain

commie shit  
Go forth, and kill!

5. Re: Nuclear Union Announced Jun 22, 2012, 12:17 Zptr

The Men of War games haven't been too shabby at all, so I think we can afford to be a little optimistic. Can't we?  

http://blog.playscifi.com

4. Re: Nuclear Union Announced Jun 22, 2012, 11:52 Cpmartins

It's 1C. It could be the second coming of gaming, or turn out to be utter trash. They are kinda all over the spectrum, although some of my recent memories are leaning on the nicer side of that (Space Rangers and King's Bounty specifically). If I were to guess, this game is their try at open-world rpg making. Hoping for the best!  

3. Re: Nuclear Union Announced Jun 22, 2012, 11:39 Jedi Master

Not sure it's really Metro, I'd just say "Soviet version of Fallout". Metro was about a modern-day nuclear war and then life 20 yrs from now. Like Fallout, this is about a war during the height of the Cold War and then decades later people living in current times.

That said, this could be very good...or it could fail, it's all about the execution because the concept is sound.

2. Re: Nuclear Union Announced Jun 22, 2012, 11:02 CJ_Parker

From 1C? $10 says this game will be Starfucked  

1. Re: Nuclear Union Announced Jun 22, 2012, 10:58 Creston

So it's Metro 2033 meets Fallout. Sort of?

Sounds like it could be cool.

Creston

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo