Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

PlanetSide 2 Night Ops Trailer

Here's a trailer we missed when it was released last month, showing PlanetSide 2, SOE's upcoming MMOFPS sequel. As the "night ops" title implies, this reveals what happens in the game after the sun goes down, showing air and ground combat (thanks Cutter).

View
28 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

28. Re: PlanetSide 2 Night Ops Trailer Jun 24, 2012, 19:26 everyone

CJ_Parker wrote on Jun 21, 2012, 18:41:
HAHA I can't wait to d/l the infrared hack so I can shoot all the n00bs who stumble around in the dark like tards
Or you could save your bandwidth and just unlock it ingame like the rest of us... Snuh

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

27. Re: PlanetSide 2 Night Ops Trailer Jun 23, 2012, 19:56 ColoradoHoudini

I am absolutely looking forward to getting down and dirty with some PS2 lovin!

26. Re: PlanetSide 2 Night Ops Trailer Jun 23, 2012, 06:12 Deezy

Frijoles wrote on Jun 21, 2012, 11:59:
So is this the only map in beta? It seems whenever I watch a video, it's on this map. Also, the game isn't open world, right? You basically pick these areas to fight in and warp in to an instance?

I never played PS1.

It's always kinda odd breaking it down to people accustomed to typical match based shooters.

Battle areas (zones) are 64km squared in size. At launch there will be 3 of them. There are no instances within the zones. It is indeed an open world within each zone. You pick a zone and fight in it along with 1,997 (1,998 total) other people directly and simultaneously. You can go to one of the other zones to fight if you choose, so long as there's an available spot for your faction in that zone (666 players per faction per zone).

Where the fighting takes place within each zone depends on, sort of like a real war, where the battle lines are and what territories your faction currently controls. All of that is getting into further detail that you probably didn't ask for.

25. Re: PlanetSide 2 Night Ops Trailer Jun 22, 2012, 03:55 Veterator

Game looks nice.

Just wondering how the pay system is going to end up being. SOE is not the most trustworthy company when it comes to announcements and what they actually deliver.

24. Re: PlanetSide 2 Night Ops Trailer Jun 22, 2012, 02:03 Wowbagger_TIP

Wow. I just got to use the Ignore feature for the first time. Always considered myself pretty tolerant. Maybe it's just been a long day...  

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

23. removed Jun 21, 2012, 20:03 CJ_Parker

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Jun 22, 2012, 08:46.

22. Re: PlanetSide 2 Night Ops Trailer Jun 21, 2012, 19:17 Mikus_Aurelius

CJ_Parker wrote on Jun 21, 2012, 18:45:
It will go away when me and my nightvision hack are done giving you a lubeless rimjob, pal

Maybe someone needs to explain to this guy what a rimjob is?

21. Re: PlanetSide 2 Night Ops Trailer Jun 21, 2012, 18:45 CJ_Parker

NKD wrote on Jun 21, 2012, 13:24:
Help. This erection won't go away.

It will go away when me and my nightvision hack are done giving you a lubeless rimjob, pal

BAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAA

20. Re: PlanetSide 2 Night Ops Trailer Jun 21, 2012, 18:41 CJ_Parker

HAHA I can't wait to d/l the infrared hack so I can shoot all the n00bs who stumble around in the dark like tards

19. Re: PlanetSide 2 Night Ops Trailer Jun 21, 2012, 18:01 RollinThundr

NKD wrote on Jun 21, 2012, 17:04:
Cutter wrote on Jun 21, 2012, 13:54:
Now you know why clowns like Krowen are on ignore. He's obviously Mike Morhaime.

Fixed.

Also, yeah, I don't see much Pay to Win about this. Even with XP boosts, or certs, or whatever. If it can be obtained in-game in a reasonable amount of time, I give zero fucks if someone wants to blow extra money to get it quicker. We'll see what happens when they announce their business model formally, but I don't see them doing anything ridiculous on the P2W front.
Actually I agree with you, I'm fine with stuff being able to be unlocked quicker if you chip in some green towards it. The servers, bandwidth and the like isn't going to pay for itself. There needs to be some incentive to fund them keeping the game up.

Just as long as they don't sell weapons/certs that you can't otherwise get from just playing. That I would have issue with.

18. Re: PlanetSide 2 Night Ops Trailer Jun 21, 2012, 17:04 NKD

Now you know why clowns like Krowen are on ignore. He's obviously Mike Morhaime.

Fixed.

Also, yeah, I don't see much Pay to Win about this. Even with XP boosts, or certs, or whatever. If it can be obtained in-game in a reasonable amount of time, I give zero fucks if someone wants to blow extra money to get it quicker. We'll see what happens when they announce their business model formally, but I don't see them doing anything ridiculous on the P2W front.

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

17. Re: PlanetSide 2 Night Ops Trailer Jun 21, 2012, 16:51 RollinThundr

Cutter wrote on Jun 21, 2012, 15:17:
RollinThundr wrote on Jun 21, 2012, 15:09:
Verno wrote on Jun 21, 2012, 13:06:
Krovven wrote on Jun 21, 2012, 13:00:
But this requires an always-on connection. Bunch of hypocrites. Yea I'm looking at you Cutter

I can only assume you're referring to Diablo 3 which is not a massively multiplayer game like this and has singleplayer game functionality. If the comparison was to WoW then perhaps it would be more valid but I don't see how hes being hypocritical.

Guild Wars 2 would be a more apt comparison as it does feature some instancing but even that has very high player counts that would likely put it in the MMO category.

Now you know why clowns like Krowen are on ignore. He's an obvious troll. Or simply too stupid to grasp the difference between single-player and multi-player games and why an online connection is required for one, but not the other. Do yourself a favour and put him on ignore.

And how the fuck does buying different coloured headlights for your vehicles help you win? There is nothing pay to win about this game. Nothing. XP boosts? So what? You can still max out without ever purchasing them. Jesus, if you people are going to be so pissy and butthurt about such little things do us a favour and don't play. Take your ball and whine all the way home. More fun for the rest of us.

Cutter you shit on MWO for XP Boost and cosmetic differences in mechs. That's all I was getting at. I'm pretty interested in PS2 myself, but the consistancy of some of you guys is pretty humorous to say the least.

No I didn't. I said it was probably the worst F2P package I'd ever seen. And there are major differences between the two in price, what buying stuff means, size and scope. It's why everyone will be playing this and no one will be playing MWO.

How so? You don't NEED to spend money to do well in MWO, no one is holding a gun to your head to pay at all and still have just as much chance as anyone else to get skills/cbills, kill some mechs whatever.

Apparently PS2 is going to have certs for sale along with XP. So really, how is that even better than what MWO does with a limited time founder's program for people who are hardcore into Battletech? In all actuality, I'm more leery of people just paying for certs rather than earning them, vs having a different look to a mech chassis who's weapons still perform exactly the same to the one that had no real cash put into it.

To be honest Planetside 2 sounds far more P2W than MWO ever will.

16. Re: PlanetSide 2 Night Ops Trailer Jun 21, 2012, 15:17 Cutter

RollinThundr wrote on Jun 21, 2012, 15:09:
But this requires an always-on connection. Bunch of hypocrites. Yea I'm looking at you Cutter

I can only assume you're referring to Diablo 3 which is not a massively multiplayer game like this and has singleplayer game functionality. If the comparison was to WoW then perhaps it would be more valid but I don't see how hes being hypocritical.

Guild Wars 2 would be a more apt comparison as it does feature some instancing but even that has very high player counts that would likely put it in the MMO category.

Now you know why clowns like Krowen are on ignore. He's an obvious troll. Or simply too stupid to grasp the difference between single-player and multi-player games and why an online connection is required for one, but not the other. Do yourself a favour and put him on ignore.

And how the fuck does buying different coloured headlights for your vehicles help you win? There is nothing pay to win about this game. Nothing. XP boosts? So what? You can still max out without ever purchasing them. Jesus, if you people are going to be so pissy and butthurt about such little things do us a favour and don't play. Take your ball and whine all the way home. More fun for the rest of us.

Cutter you shit on MWO for XP Boost and cosmetic differences in mechs. That's all I was getting at. I'm pretty interested in PS2 myself, but the consistancy of some of you guys is pretty humorous to say the least.

No I didn't. I said it was probably the worst F2P package I'd ever seen. And there are major differences between the two in price, what buying stuff means, size and scope. It's why everyone will be playing this and no one will be playing MWO.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

15. Re: PlanetSide 2 Night Ops Trailer Jun 21, 2012, 15:09 RollinThundr

14. Re: PlanetSide 2 Night Ops Trailer Jun 21, 2012, 14:06 LgFriess

I can see playing this for a very, very long time. As long as it the strategic elements are in place to make it feel like you accomplish goals, I'll probably develop blood clots from sitting at my computer for too long trying to capture that next damn base.  

13. Re: PlanetSide 2 Night Ops Trailer Jun 21, 2012, 13:59 Verno

RollinThundr wrote on Jun 21, 2012, 13:42:
Not hearing any P2W comments from the usual folks. Go fig.

I don't know, I think it all depends on implementation really. One game that sells XP boosters could be fine if the treadmill is reasonable while another could be awful. Selling weapons is another example, it could be fine if the differences are style or cosmetic but really shitty if they are damage upgrades.

I haven't seen anything that screams P2W from this game so far but we haven't had a full shop unveiling yet. I don't think (or at least I hope) it will ever get as bad as Diablo 3 where you can literally purchasing powerful items for real life dollars though. BF: Heroes was another example of that.

Ironically, the one thing I think people would love Blizzard to sell in Diablo 3 is something they don't offer - XP.

This comment was edited on Jun 21, 2012, 14:11.

Playing: Infamous Second Son
Watching: Midsomer Murders, Dominion, The Knick

12. Re: PlanetSide 2 Night Ops Trailer Jun 21, 2012, 13:54 Cutter

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

11. Re: PlanetSide 2 Night Ops Trailer Jun 21, 2012, 13:42 RollinThundr

But this requires an always-on connection. Bunch of hypocrites. Yea I'm looking at you Cutter.

Not hearing any P2W comments from the usual folks. Go fig.

10. Re: PlanetSide 2 Night Ops Trailer Jun 21, 2012, 13:24 NKD

Help. This erection won't go away.  

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

9. Re: PlanetSide 2 Night Ops Trailer Jun 21, 2012, 13:06 Verno

This comment was edited on Jun 21, 2012, 13:14.

Playing: Infamous Second Son
Watching: Midsomer Murders, Dominion, The Knick

28 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo