Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Orcs Must Die! 2 Next Month

Robot Entertainment announces a release date for Orcs Must Die! 2, their upcoming action/strategy hybrid that adds cooperative multiplayer to the mix: "Robot Entertainment is happy to announce today that you'll be defending the rifts with a friend in Orcs Must Die! 2 on July 30, 2012!"

View
16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

16. Re: Orcs Must Die! 2 Next Month Jun 21, 2012, 15:18 avianflu

"some levels were verging on tedious"

enjoyed the game but entirely agree on that point

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

15. Re: Orcs Must Die! 2 Next Month Jun 21, 2012, 11:14 DrSquick

OMD was my first venture into this genre and I really liked it. I also picked up Dungeon Defenders on one of the crazy Steam sales, and somehow sunk over a hundred hours into that! Is Dungeon Defenders well liked around here? I don't recall seeing much talk about it.

It came out at a great time because I was itching for some action-RPG like loot, and Dungeon Defenders has the tower-defense/shooter combo and loot. I also really liked DD because three other folks at work were playing it along with me, and there is some great multi-player class synergy.

14. Re: Orcs Must Die! 2 Next Month Jun 21, 2012, 09:34 theyarecomingforyou

I still think it's too soon for a sequel, as the original hasn't even been out for a year. A standalone expansion pack would be more appropriate, especially given that it's the same engine. It's more than just semantics - people expect more from a sequel than a standalone expansion.

That said, I really enjoyed Orcs Must Die. The biggest criticism is that the levels were a bit too different and some were verging on tedious - this was exacerbated by the limited variety of traps. There was a core set of traps that worked very well and the rest were a waste of time. I'll wait for OMD2 to go on sale though, as I simply have too many games at the moment.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

13. Re: Orcs Must Die! 2 Next Month Jun 21, 2012, 09:13 Verno

This was a great game, can't wait for the sequel. I actually liked the planning stage phase of things but I'm happy to give their changes a shot.  

Playing: Alien Isolation, 7 Days to Die, Dragon Age Origins
Watching: The Canal, Brazil, The Town That Dreaded Sundown

12. Re: Orcs Must Die! 2 Next Month Jun 21, 2012, 07:03 Zadig

This was one of the very few games I actually finished this year so a sequel coming soon is good news. I can't even think of anything I'd like to see them change - just want more orcs to kill!  

11. Re: Orcs Must Die! 2 Next Month Jun 21, 2012, 06:23 jdreyer

Bought it six months ago, and tried it tonight due to this announcement. It sucked me right in. Nice combo of action and strategy. Funny comic art style too.  

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

10. Re: Orcs Must Die! 2 Next Month Jun 21, 2012, 04:01 Prez

Orcs is a great little game. Very fun and engrossing. I expected that they would listen to the calls for multiplayer since everyone was asking for it.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

9. Re: Orcs Must Die! 2 Next Month Jun 21, 2012, 00:01 MuzixMon

Orcs was a game that surprised the hell out of me. I thought it would be a quick 1/2hour to 1 hour try and toss it aside after I bought it on sale for 3.50 but boy was I wrong! I loved it, every bit of it! It's a cool little story, the graphics are decent, the strategy and action is very satisfying. What else can I ask for??? As a result I bought 3 more copies for friends and family and I totally intend to buy OMD2 on release day at full price for my son and I! I couldn't be more happy this game done well enoughto warrant a sequel! Lookin' forward to see more and more Orcs in our future for sure!!!  

"When all thats left is console gaming, I will game no more."

8. Re: Orcs Must Die! 2 Next Month Jun 20, 2012, 22:24 xXBatmanXx

I was late to the party, so everyone was done with it - maybe get in early on this to get some playtime in...  

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

7. Re: Orcs Must Die! 2 Next Month Jun 20, 2012, 21:40 zombiefan

Bring it on! OMD was a pleasant surprise for me, even though it seriously lacked multiplayer. Looking forward to this.  

6. Re: Orcs Must Die! 2 Next Month Jun 20, 2012, 21:25 Saboth

I enjoyed the first one. I didn't feel like there was much replay value though. On the second play through they seem to have gotten rid of the "planning phase", which was the part I actually enjoyed the most.  

5. Re: Orcs Must Die! 2 Next Month Jun 20, 2012, 21:06 Rattlehead

i still havent gotten around to playing the first one and have had it on my steam list for a long time  

4. Re: Orcs Must Die! 2 Next Month Jun 20, 2012, 20:49 The Half Elf

nin wrote on Jun 20, 2012, 20:28:
Don't worry, no one will want to play coop with you anyway...

*snickers*

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

3. Re: Orcs Must Die! 2 Next Month Jun 20, 2012, 20:48 Brumbek

Orcs Must Die! was absolutely awesome. If anyone here hasn't tried it, I HIGHLY encourage you to do so. I wasn't expecting much but it ended up being one my favorite games last year. It's just that good.  

2. Re: Orcs Must Die! 2 Next Month Jun 20, 2012, 20:28 nin

Don't worry, no one will want to play coop with you anyway...

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

1. Re: Orcs Must Die! 2 Next Month Jun 20, 2012, 20:11 deqer

because we're already done with the first one? oh, okay.  

16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo