Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

World of Tanks Patched

The World of Tanks Website announces that a new version 7.4 patch is now available for the North American edition of Wargaming.net's MMOTPS. This is a major update which adds new combat modes, new maps, new tanks, and more. There's also word that Clan Wars will be unavailable for 24 hours and that premium players will receive a day's credit in compensation. The game's European website announces the new version is going live in Europe tomorrow. This page has a trailer showing off the new version.

View
16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

16. Re: World of Tanks Patched Jun 21, 2012, 17:21 TheLeech

Just noticed 7.4.1 will go live on the NA server tomorrow. It has the 0-damage penetrating hits fix in it (maybe they'll get it this time!), and a nerf to crew member critical hits.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

15. Re: World of Tanks Patched Jun 21, 2012, 17:10 bhcompy

Lokust wrote on Jun 21, 2012, 12:02:
I definitely agree with that. The type 59 may have been stealth nerfed this patch, too. It seems to have lost some engine power.

I agree. Even with the remove speed governor and premium fuel, mine takes forever to accelerate, hanging around in the 40s on flat ground for a long time rather than quickly boosting to 55(or whatever it is). I have only played about a dozen games in my Type 59 since the patch, so I wasn't too concerned, but now that someone else noticed I'll have to look deeper.

14. Re: World of Tanks Patched Jun 21, 2012, 17:07 bhcompy

Tumbler wrote on Jun 21, 2012, 12:42:
I played a bit last night, it's fun, but not consistently. I still feel like i'm comically underpowered in the matches I'm in. Even in a tank destroyer most of my targets end up laughing at me.

I'm a TANK DESTOYER, and tanks laugh at me! It's possible i've been away long enough that many peopel are just above me and the only games available to join are the ones above me but then can't you at least give me some bonus's if I happen to do well? I remember one match went very well and I ended up with 6 kills or something crazy like that, I got decent xp but nothing crazy. Another match I end up surrounded by heavily armored tanks and somehow I manage to kill one, shot him I don't know how many times and I think OMG I got one! They'll give me tons of XP for killing someone so high above me!

Nope. Just a pitful few hundred xp. Oh you killed someone, here's some pennies.

It doesn't seem like they want the game balanced to be fun for all. Feels more like I"m just there to get blown up.

TDs are rough as they're always up-tiered, they're very expensive, and they're long grinds. For the German line there are a few sweetspots, namely the Hetzer and the JadgPanther. For the Americans, it seems to be the T25. For the Russians, well, WG loves the Russians so they're always in the sweetspot.

I found tier 5-7 to be fairly fun for the most part.. Sometimes you get bad matches, but in the normal tanks(not the scout lines, arty, or TD), you tend to matchup pretty decently outside of a few real bad tanks(3001H for instance). The Tiger P and 3601 and old KV(KV-2 now as the derp gun) are probably the most fun tanks in the middle tiers, imho.

But, yea, unless you pay for premium(and even then at tier8+), the grinds suck pretty damn bad. The best thing you can do is learn what modules you can skip so you can move on to the next tank faster if you hate the one you're in

13. Re: World of Tanks Patched Jun 21, 2012, 15:20 TheLeech

If you're playing T3-T7 tanks or TDs, you are there to get blown up, unfortunately. Go for side shots, which is easier said than done.

If any of you guys ever want to platoon up, just hit me up in the game. The name is the same.

12. Re: World of Tanks Patched Jun 21, 2012, 12:42 Tumbler

I played a bit last night, it's fun, but not consistently. I still feel like i'm comically underpowered in the matches I'm in. Even in a tank destroyer most of my targets end up laughing at me.

I'm a TANK DESTOYER, and tanks laugh at me! It's possible i've been away long enough that many peopel are just above me and the only games available to join are the ones above me but then can't you at least give me some bonus's if I happen to do well? I remember one match went very well and I ended up with 6 kills or something crazy like that, I got decent xp but nothing crazy. Another match I end up surrounded by heavily armored tanks and somehow I manage to kill one, shot him I don't know how many times and I think OMG I got one! They'll give me tons of XP for killing someone so high above me!

Nope. Just a pitful few hundred xp. Oh you killed someone, here's some pennies.

It doesn't seem like they want the game balanced to be fun for all. Feels more like I"m just there to get blown up.

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

11. Re: World of Tanks Patched Jun 21, 2012, 12:22 xXBatmanXx

I have zero need/want to play this game, found it kind of weird there have been a lot of commercials on DTV channels for this lately.  

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

10. Re: World of Tanks Patched Jun 21, 2012, 12:02 Lokust

I definitely agree with that. The type 59 may have been stealth nerfed this patch, too. It seems to have lost some engine power.  

9. Re: World of Tanks Patched Jun 21, 2012, 11:55 bhcompy

The Type 59 is a good tank, probably the best premium tank considering how bad the Lowe has been nerfed over time, but it's not some team dominating overpowering tank. Track it and it's dead. Shoot it in the side or in the rear of the turret and it will be ammo racked, engine damaged, or fuel tank damaged a massive amount of the time(enough so that you're spending equipment slots on wet ammo racks and co2 filled gas tanks if you actually want to survive). Yea, it can be hard to kill if you don't know where to shoot it on the front, but the tank isn't as good as other Tier 8 offerings(particularly weak in weaponry and accuracy), it just had better matchmaker weighting for a while.

As far as the update, arty is back to being its old self apparently. Does a ton damage, but, more importantly, kills crew and modules with nearly every hit(at higher tiers). This unnerfing makes the new BatChat 155 ridiculously overpowered given its 4 shot clip, turret, and awesome maneuverability. They need to separate arty HE from tank HE so they can lower the arty viability without killing tanks like the M4, Pz4, Hetzer, etc that rely completely on HE ammo to be competitive

8. Re: World of Tanks Patched Jun 21, 2012, 10:54 Lokust

T44 is still 'good', just weakest of the tier 8 mediums. type 59 favorable weighting was gone a long time ago, not just a couple days ago.  

7. Re: World of Tanks Patched Jun 21, 2012, 10:40 TheLeech

The T44 became a good tank a patch or two ago with the upgraded engine and gun. The reason the T59 was such a terror was that it received favorable weighting in the matchmaker and often was top tank in any match. They adjusted its weighting a patch or two ago, and it's no longer as bad as it was. No T8 tank or above really fears a T59 at this point, but it it will sure mop the floor with any T7 or below.

And I definitely agree that a group of coordinated T8 mediums is hell for the other team.

Zero damage penetrating hits are still a problem, but if you read the forums, you'll see that there was a hotfix on the Russian servers for a newly discovered bug with penetration. I don't know if the US 7.4 patch had the fix in it, but if it didn't, hopefully we'll get it sooner rather than later. Anyone loudly proclaiming there wasn't a problem with 0-damage penetrating hits really needs to hush at this point.

I've also had plenty of ghost rounds. I've always assumed it was packet loss or latency, or the generous tolerances in my Russian cannons...

6. Re: World of Tanks Patched Jun 21, 2012, 10:30 Lokust

The type 59 is the second worst tier 8 medium tank out of five. Generally speaking premium tanks are a little worse than normal tanks of their tier. The only reason the type 59 is second worst is that the T-44 needs a buff to compete with the others. That said, any of those five tanks are capable of grouping up and doing very well, and there isn't a huge spread of power between them.  

5. Re: World of Tanks Patched Jun 21, 2012, 07:03 WarpCrow

Callaway wrote on Jun 21, 2012, 03:00:
T59, they are godly, a few of the other premium tanks are a bit out of balance as well. That's what we get with this new "free to play" but "pay to win" game models.

Despite that, it's still one of the most balanced free to play games out there. I don't know many others that are as satisfying to play without paying a dime, so long as you aren't racing in a straight line for tier 10. Serious competitive play might be another thing altogether, though.

4. Re: World of Tanks Patched Jun 21, 2012, 03:00 Callaway

T59, they are godly, a few of the other premium tanks are a bit out of balance as well. That's what we get with this new "free to play" but "pay to win" game models.  

3. Re: World of Tanks Patched Jun 20, 2012, 23:48 .Drifter

Nighthawk wrote on Jun 20, 2012, 22:03:
I'll support and counter that.
There is nothing wrong with the matcher, low tier tanks in battle are typically lights, which are used for scouting and placed in higher tier matches.
Zero damage penetrating hits have been explained in the blog and forum.
Ghost shells, never seen it, some that impact obstructions and you don't see land, yes, but never disappearing.
Unbalanced, on and off, nothing too bad.
Artillery "wanked" yes, still happening.

If you haven't played, try it out, it's a fun game with a bunch of whiners tossed in for sport.
And I counter that!
I have heavies that are 9 of 10 matches the lowest tier tank in the match. Most games I've played, lights are even to me or higher level.
Zero damage penetrating hits are a problem. Explained or not, when you hit a tank 8 to 10 times in a row and get "penetration" each time, but 0 damage, something is wrong.
Disappearing shells, yes, but not frequently. Firing across an empty stretch of land, from behind bushes, with absolutely nothing in front of me and a hill behind the target, with absolutely no impact animation anywhere to be seen.
Unbalanced, yes and no. There was one tank, I think it was the Chinese premium one, where if you were in a match and the opposing team had 3 on their side, your match was almost a guaranteed loss. There were a few other tanks like that too.
Artillery, yeah, still has issues.

I played WoT for months, even went premium for a bit, but constantly being the low man on the totem pole match after match after match . . .

2. Re: World of Tanks Patched Jun 20, 2012, 22:03 Nighthawk

I'll support and counter that.
There is nothing wrong with the matcher, low tier tanks in battle are typically lights, which are used for scouting and placed in higher tier matches.
Zero damage penetrating hits have been explained in the blog and forum.
Ghost shells, never seen it, some that impact obstructions and you don't see land, yes, but never disappearing.
Unbalanced, on and off, nothing too bad.
Artillery "wanked" yes, still happening.

If you haven't played, try it out, it's a fun game with a bunch of whiners tossed in for sport.

1. Re: World of Tanks Patched Jun 20, 2012, 21:22 thecakeisalie

The issues that piss the community off the most:

-Zero damage penetrating hits
-Ghost shells (e.g. shooting and the shell disappears without hitting anything)
-Broken matchmaking (e.g. wildly unbalancing the teams and throwing low level tanks into battles where they are just cannon fodder)
-Badly unbalanced tanks (thanks to power creep)
-Wanked RNG (e.g. artillery shells landing outside of their marked target zone, etc)

All are still alive and well after this update. I do like the new battle modes and new tanks are always welcome, but the inability/unwillingness of Wargaming to fix the biggest problems with their game after promising to for many months now is getting a bit tiring.

16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo