Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Evening Tech Bits

View
3 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

3. Re: No more fast forward Jun 21, 2012, 08:36 kanniballl

Ratty wrote on Jun 20, 2012, 20:20:
I knew this was coming. Comcast has disabled fast forwarding on some of their VOD network shows for a couple of months now.

Fios started doing that years ago... especially with ABC shows.

In their case, there is (or at least WAS) a work-around. Start fast forwarding IMMEDIATELY... as soon as the menu VOD menu disappears and the screen turns black. It prevent(ed) the feature from being locked out.

I guess they apply the "fast-forward lock" a couple of seconds into the recording... probably just before the big screen comes up saying "we're turning off fast forward." There's probably a delay with reading a database to say "should we lock-out-fast forward"

And they probably can't apply the lock while fast forward is in effect.

But I haven't checked in the last few weeks.

"Space. It seems to go on and on forever. But then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you."
-Fry, Futurama
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

2. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jun 21, 2012, 00:44 mag

US wants inventive ways to get research out of university labs and into the real world.

IP laws pretty much prevent this from happening.

1. Re: No more fast forward Jun 20, 2012, 20:20 Ratty

I knew this was coming. Comcast has disabled fast forwarding on some of their VOD network shows for a couple of months now. The day they do it for shows saved on my DVR is the day I quit cable. But, in light of the previous article on Netflix stealing viewers away from VOD, it's hard to see this happening. But then again, when you have a virtual monopoly and own a network or two ...  

3 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo