Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Mass Effect 3 Weekend Event

The BioWare Blog offers details on Operation: Savage, this weekend's Mass Effect 3 bounty event. Here's what's in store for players of the action/RPG sequel:

Operation: Savage (June 22-24)

With so many planets conquered in Council space, we are relying on material support from the Terminus Systems. Eliminating risks to our supply line is a top priority.

Allied Goal: Eliminate 7,000,000 trooper-level enemies: Cerberus Assault Trooper, Husks, Cannibals, Geth Troopers
Squad Goal: Extraction on any difficulty with the squad using a mix of krogan, vorcha, or batarian classes
Special Circumstance: None

Squad Goal Success: Squad awarded a Commendation Pack
Allied Goal Success: All players awarded a Victory Pack

Operation Savage begins at 6pm PST Friday June 22 and ends at 4am PST Monday June 25. Packs will be distributed Tuesday evening if the mission is successful.

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: Mass Effect 3 Weekend Event Jun 21, 2012, 13:42 Creston

Dr. D. Schreber wrote on Jun 21, 2012, 02:37:

They give you a chance at good weapons. Valiant? Yes. Hurricane? Not as much, but yes.

I could really live without the Eagle II in my inventory. Although, I did just pull my third Talon earlier today...

The Eagle is a piece of shit, but the Hurricane is a beast, man. Put it on a Vanguard and see what I'm talking about. With the clip extension, it murders everything. Hey, a ravager! *charge* *unload clip* = dead Ravager in 1 second.

I used to be a shotgun Vanguard, but the Hurricane has massively changed my mind. I even use it on my Beastmode Krogan Battlemaster now.

Creston

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: Mass Effect 3 Weekend Event Jun 21, 2012, 02:37 Dr. D. Schreber

Creston wrote on Jun 20, 2012, 22:04:
Eirikrautha wrote on Jun 20, 2012, 17:11:
What makes these so nice is that they are so rare... oh, wait, they do these every weekend...

So how's that working out?

Every other weekend. And yeah, they're getting kinda boring. There was one fun event where the community failed to kill enough Banshees (which was a deliberate fail on Bioware's part), and as a result, Banshees started spawning with the other enemy factions. THAT was really fun.

The rest of these weekends are dull, but at least they give you good weapons in return. I need to get some upgrades for my Hurricane.

Creston

They give you a chance at good weapons. Valiant? Yes. Hurricane? Not as much, but yes.

I could really live without the Eagle II in my inventory. Although, I did just pull my third Talon earlier today...

NOT THE BEES! NOT THE BEES THEY'RE IN MY EYES AARRGRHGHGGAFHGHFGHFG!

7. Re: Mass Effect 3 Weekend Event Jun 21, 2012, 01:38 Wowbagger_TIP

The Pyro wrote on Jun 20, 2012, 22:32:
I've had more fun with ME3 multiplayer than I expected I would. It reminds me Unreal Tournament's Invasion mode. The gameplay does get dull once you've tried most of the classes and you've unlocked some better guns. However, it's nice that they keep having these weekend events because not everyone purchased the game at launch. This way new players still get a shot at easy rares.
Unfortunately the weapons, movement and general gameplay aren't nearly as fun as Invasion.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

6. Re: Mass Effect 3 Weekend Event Jun 20, 2012, 22:32 The Pyro

I've had more fun with ME3 multiplayer than I expected I would. It reminds me Unreal Tournament's Invasion mode. The gameplay does get dull once you've tried most of the classes and you've unlocked some better guns. However, it's nice that they keep having these weekend events because not everyone purchased the game at launch. This way new players still get a shot at easy rares.

5. Re: Mass Effect 3 Weekend Event Jun 20, 2012, 22:04 Creston

What makes these so nice is that they are so rare... oh, wait, they do these every weekend...

Every other weekend. And yeah, they're getting kinda boring. There was one fun event where the community failed to kill enough Banshees (which was a deliberate fail on Bioware's part), and as a result, Banshees started spawning with the other enemy factions. THAT was really fun.

The rest of these weekends are dull, but at least they give you good weapons in return. I need to get some upgrades for my Hurricane.

Creston

4. Re: Mass Effect 3 Weekend Event Jun 20, 2012, 21:30 Pete

The multiplayer part of M3 isn't as bad as everyone thinks it is. But it does get repetitious.  
Doin' it Big

3. Re: Mass Effect 3 Weekend Event Jun 20, 2012, 20:53 Brumbek

So people actually play these things? It is all very curious. I admit BioWare makes it sound really serious...maybe some people think it is real. That's my best guess.  

2. Re: Mass Effect 3 Weekend Event Jun 20, 2012, 19:41 Quicksilver

It's working out pretty well, thank you

1. Re: Mass Effect 3 Weekend Event Jun 20, 2012, 17:11 Eirikrautha

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo