Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

PlanetSide 2 Trailer

This trailer from PlanetSide 2 shows off a ground assault in SOE's upcoming MMOFPS sequel, showing a superior force prevailing, leading to the tagline: "Size always matters," a quote which we have not been able to find in Sun Tzu's Art of War.

View
39 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

19. Re: PlanetSide 2 Trailer Jun 20, 2012, 16:24 Wallshadows

I don't know why, maybe it's the music, but I get a total Starship Troopers feeling when I watch this video..  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

18. Re: PlanetSide 2 Trailer Jun 20, 2012, 15:43 Trevellian

Verno wrote on Jun 20, 2012, 15:24:
I know a lot of people hated T2 but I loved those 64 player mashups with vehicles and discs flying around everywhere. That game was technically a disaster in so many ways but when it worked, man it was fucking great.

C22 sounds like a lot of fun, I love outfits where the goal is just having a good time trying different things other than zerging.

We did a lot of things like this. Our original Claim to Fame on Konried server where our Tower of Power nights. Where we would go take a Tower in the middle of a fight between NC/Vanu where we didn't belong and see how long we could interrupt their battle. (Sometimes it was a half hour or more)

We also experimented with going to a locked continent, draining a base neutral in the middle of the continent to bring a fight to us and start the new continent that way (Instead of following the designated lattice lines)

We did the standard outfit things, ran Reaver nights and Armor Column nights. But the Spec Ops stuff we had the most fun with.

We became well known for doing random things like this and I truely hope Planetside 2 left room for this kind of gameplay.

More than welcome to come hang out with us, though right now until the beta starts it's mostly just a few of us playing BF3 or the original Planetside at night.

For the Republic
-C22 Waterson of Planetside 2

17. Re: PlanetSide 2 Trailer Jun 20, 2012, 15:24 Verno

I know a lot of people hated T2 but I loved those 64 player mashups with vehicles and discs flying around everywhere. That game was technically a disaster in so many ways but when it worked, man it was fucking great.

C22 sounds like a lot of fun, I love outfits where the goal is just having a good time trying different things other than zerging.

Playing: The Last of Us Remastered
Watching: Kitchen Nightmares, Coherence, The Rover

16. Re: PlanetSide 2 Trailer Jun 20, 2012, 15:19 Matshock

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Jun 20, 2012, 15:08:
As long as the cash items are restricted to cosmetic items and there isn't anything else that imbalances the game I'm looking forward to this. It reminds of what I loved about Tribes 2. I wanted to like Tribes: Ascend but the XP grind bullshit turned me right off it and because it downplayed vehicles - as you needed to earned credits to unlock them - it just didn't have the team element and epic scale that I loved about the franchise.

This looks like Tribes done right and F2P without all the bullshit baggage that ruins the vast majority of F2P games (the new MechWarrior Online is a perfect example of how to do F2P badly).

T:A makes sure that only useful people and killers get vehicles

Agreed though- the 32 player cap takes away from the game. T2 never really got there either- 64 player games had horrible lag spikes.

15. Re: PlanetSide 2 Trailer Jun 20, 2012, 15:08 theyarecomingforyou

As long as the cash items are restricted to cosmetic items and there isn't anything else that imbalances the game I'm looking forward to this. It reminds of what I loved about Tribes 2. I wanted to like Tribes: Ascend but the XP grind bullshit turned me right off it and because it downplayed vehicles - as you needed to earned credits to unlock them - it just didn't have the team element and epic scale that I loved about the franchise.

This looks like Tribes done right and F2P without all the bullshit baggage that ruins the vast majority of F2P games (the new MechWarrior Online is a perfect example of how to do F2P badly).

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

14. Re: PlanetSide 2 Trailer Jun 20, 2012, 15:08 Matshock

I signed up for the beta- I used a concocted UN/PW though that has nothing in common with my usual stuff.

If they require a CC# to be stored on their servers this will be a no-go. One-time and out transactions would be OK though.

13. Re: PlanetSide 2 Trailer Jun 20, 2012, 15:05 Trevellian

Hippie wrote on Jun 20, 2012, 14:08:
Trevellian wrote on Jun 20, 2012, 13:43:
Speaking of the Terran Republic. My OG Planetside Outfit. One of the original Spec Ops PS1 outfits of Konried. Is pulling old members and friends from other games back together for Planetside 2.
http://c22.site.nfoservers.com/ So to all my buddies here at Bluesnews. C22 is recruiting for Planetside 2. (SHAMELESS PLUG)

For the Republic.
-TrevellianC22 (was Drezden on Bluesnews for awhile, recently changed my Blues name back to my Planetside name)

God, I remember C22 after the server merger. You guys were the bane of my existence on the NC, Emerald server. Looking forward to fighting you guys again

That being said, PS2 looks awesome. Very glad SOE decided to do this, PS1 was in need of a "reboot"

Thanks, it is good to see people still remember us. I recall reading a post recently from another NC player who refered to the last 2 minutes of a base hack as the "C22 Mark". As we'd suddenly appear in a Galaxy and wreck the CC Hold. Nothing like resecuring at the last moment to piss an entire faction off.

WyldKat wrote on Jun 20, 2012, 14:29:
Looking forward to this game but I have to say their marketing department needs some fucking work. The tagline,"Size always matters." is just embarrassing and alienating to Planetside players not of the XY persuasion. It also makes me think of the not fun zergfests late game PS1 turned into.
This is entirely based on what outfit you are in. Not all Outfits are part of the Zergfest. For instance, C22 as well as The Enclave where well known for being Black Ops/Wetworks outfits. Always on the back lines cutting lattice and flow of Tech to the front lines. Don't generalize the game because you were in an Outfit that followed the zerg or a Lone Wolf.

This comment was edited on Jun 20, 2012, 15:47.

For the Republic

12. Re: PlanetSide 2 Trailer Jun 20, 2012, 15:03 Gib007

I'm only fine with the F2P model if I can get away with spending *nothing* or at the very, very maximum, spending as much as good, old P2P subscription MMO, without suffering any disadvantages or lack of gameplay.  

11. Re: PlanetSide 2 Trailer Jun 20, 2012, 14:51 Cutter

Take a memo: Booooiiiinggg!  

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

10. Re: PlanetSide 2 Trailer Jun 20, 2012, 14:35 Verno

Matshock wrote on Jun 20, 2012, 14:30:
Does your account info. get stored on PSN? HAs their security improved?

Game looks good sure...

SOE and PSN are totally are on different backends AFAIK.

(though I should mention SOE was compromised too at one point)

9. Re: PlanetSide 2 Trailer Jun 20, 2012, 14:30 Matshock

Does your account info. get stored on PSN? HAs their security improved?

Game looks good sure...

8. Re: PlanetSide 2 Trailer Jun 20, 2012, 14:29 WyldKat

Looking forward to this game but I have to say their marketing department needs some fucking work. The tagline,"Size always matters." is just embarrassing and alienating to Planetside players not of the XY persuasion. It also makes me think of the not fun zergfests late game PS1 turned into.  

7. Re: PlanetSide 2 Trailer Jun 20, 2012, 14:22 J

If it's good enough to keep my attention then I'm quite happy to spend the money I would have spent on the game... in the game. Makes sense to me. I may even get a little carried away if they're lucky! The longer I'm drawn to and encouraged by the game the more generous I feel. EA can rot in its own special place in hell.  

6. Re: PlanetSide 2 Trailer Jun 20, 2012, 14:08 Hippie

Trevellian wrote on Jun 20, 2012, 13:43:
Speaking of the Terran Republic. My OG Planetside Outfit. One of the original Spec Ops PS1 outfits of Konried. Is pulling old members and friends from other games back together for Planetside 2.
http://c22.site.nfoservers.com/ So to all my buddies here at Bluesnews. C22 is recruiting for Planetside 2. (SHAMELESS PLUG)

For the Republic.
-TrevellianC22 (was Drezden on Bluesnews for awhile, recently changed my Blues name back to my Planetside name)

God, I remember C22 after the server merger. You guys were the bane of my existence on the NC, Emerald server. Looking forward to fighting you guys again

That being said, PS2 looks awesome. Very glad SOE decided to do this, PS1 was in need of a "reboot"

5. Re: PlanetSide 2 Trailer Jun 20, 2012, 13:43 Techie714

This game has already been announced as F2P. With that said SOE is burning through millions to make this game, how do you expect them to make money from it? Most likely they will have a model similar to Tribes where you buy stuff in the store. I'm fine with that.  

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

4. Re: PlanetSide 2 Trailer Jun 20, 2012, 13:43 Trevellian

There are far, far better looks than this at Planetside 2 from E3. like their live streams with TotalBiscuit:
http://youtu.be/fLakXgelJGY?hd=1 Day 1
http://youtu.be/0xcmHYuUbn0 Day 3

Both of which he talks to Margaret (one of the Vanu Devs) and Higby (One of the main Devs and a NC Fanboy)

They discuss the Cash Shop many times and how it will ONLY be uses for Cosmetic things, helmets, goggles, skins, skins for guns, skins for vehicles, hood ornaments. And of course, the XP Boosters that EVERY F2P model has which doesn't bother me at all.

That being said this new video does give off a great look at classic Planetside style in door squad vs squad combat. Which I was greatly excited for. As well as the superior faction, the Terran Republic being victorious.

(was Drezden on Bluesnews for awhile, recently changed my Blues name back to my Planetside name)

This comment was edited on Jun 20, 2012, 15:52.

For the Republic

3. Re: PlanetSide 2 Trailer Jun 20, 2012, 13:11 Gib007

This game is looking truly inspiring. I also hope SOE don't screw it up with F2P. F2P tends to flop games.  

2. Re: PlanetSide 2 Trailer Jun 20, 2012, 13:10 eunichron

Verno wrote on Jun 20, 2012, 13:03:
Fuck yes this game looks so good. I hope SOE doesn't ruin it with the cash shop crap because it looks like everything I wanted BF3 to be and then some.

That's exactly what I've been thinking since the E3 videos... it looks like a successor to BF2142, which is totally awesome (I'd still like Dice to make a BF2143 though).

1. Re: PlanetSide 2 Trailer Jun 20, 2012, 13:03 Verno

Fuck yes this game looks so good. I hope SOE doesn't ruin it with the cash shop crap because it looks like everything I wanted BF3 to be and then some.  

39 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo