Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

EU Diablo III Patch Live; Repair Costs Draw Fire

The European Diablo III Website announces the new version 1.0.3 patch is now live for the action/RPG sequel in Europe after yesterday's patch for the game in the Americas. They once again supply the complete patch notes. With the patch having settled in in the Americas, outrage over increased repair costs is growing, as there is this petition and this one looking to get Blizzard to address them.

View
67 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

67. Re: EU Diablo III Patch Live; Repair Costs Draw Fire Jun 22, 2012, 07:27 Dades

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Jun 22, 2012, 02:06:
The loot system just seems very un-fun from everything I've heard so far, and it seems to be getting worse rather than better. Of course, to be fair, I just want to play single-player anyway, so all the inconveniences this game sets up to make that more difficult also detract from its appeal.

It's very problematic. You can basically do Normal and Nightmare naked in crap gear with just a weapon but then the gear problems become more pronounced and sharing mediocre gear between alts doesn't cut it. You start looking at the gold AH for ideal gear stats but most of it is incredibly expensive due to people botting. You can bounce around Normal and Nightmare for a long time so if you have fun killing stuff that can't really kill you then it is a decent value. If you care at all about being challenged then you move up and that's where you start running into the loot problems. I played a lot of my friends Monk on Hell and Inferno, it took an insane amount of farming just to get him to the point where he could last a few seconds against things in Act 2. We took turns farming for almost 2 weeks. Then the patch arrives and undoes all of our work. Now we get tons of drops but its just deception with numbers, the majority are garbage and we get less drops from the environment and chests.

They didn't have the AH to use internally in their testing, assuming they did any testing at all, so it makes you wonder how they didn't notice all of the issues before.

This comment was edited on Jun 22, 2012, 07:37.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

66. Re: EU Diablo III Patch Live; Repair Costs Draw Fire Jun 22, 2012, 04:08 xXBatmanXx

AngelicPenguin wrote on Jun 21, 2012, 19:09:
Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Jun 21, 2012, 14:49:
Verno wrote on Jun 21, 2012, 11:30:
AngelicPenguin wrote on Jun 21, 2012, 11:02:
He did say they were going to change that though, right? He seemed to be eating crow on that one in the reddit forums as I recall.

Sure, to his credit he owned up to it and took responsibility for overriding the team. Unfortunately it still remains unchanged. They seem to be able to hotfix nerfs almost at will but making positive changes to the game is glacial. Normally in the past these things arrived together in a patch so things would offset each other a bit but now they are just feeding the perception that they want the game to be punishing and work-like, only allowing the player to enjoy themselves in a narrow controlled manner.

The more I hear about this game, the more it seems like you need to have some serious masochistic tendencies to really want to play it...

Not really - you could play 5 characters through 60 up until inferno and it would present a fun challenge without being too bad. That's easily 100 hours worth of gameplay if you like the click click click kill and loot style of game.

At this point and time, ya inferno is rough and it does feel really unfair at times, but I don't know if I'd say that was a proper way to judge the game as a whole.

I have over 110 hours, and I only have 5 toons halfway through Nightmare (did the last 2 Diablo fights tonight).....I am slow though. Replayed some parts with friends, etc.

The nice part about playing 5 players in parallel is sharing the gear makes the AH not even needed. Gave some friends gear and got some from them - no reason to use the AH. Enough drops and gold to buy, craft, trade, switch out, anything I needed.

The last 2 I did through normal were the WD and the Wiz. They were so overpowered that it was a joke. Nicely kept the correct gear to get them through.

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

65. Re: EU Diablo III Patch Live; Repair Costs Draw Fire Jun 22, 2012, 02:06 Wowbagger_TIP

AngelicPenguin wrote on Jun 21, 2012, 19:09:
He did say they were going to change that though, right? He seemed to be eating crow on that one in the reddit forums as I recall.

Sure, to his credit he owned up to it and took responsibility for overriding the team. Unfortunately it still remains unchanged. They seem to be able to hotfix nerfs almost at will but making positive changes to the game is glacial. Normally in the past these things arrived together in a patch so things would offset each other a bit but now they are just feeding the perception that they want the game to be punishing and work-like, only allowing the player to enjoy themselves in a narrow controlled manner.

The more I hear about this game, the more it seems like you need to have some serious masochistic tendencies to really want to play it...

Not really - you could play 5 characters through 60 up until inferno and it would present a fun challenge without being too bad. That's easily 100 hours worth of gameplay if you like the click click click kill and loot style of game.

At this point and time, ya inferno is rough and it does feel really unfair at times, but I don't know if I'd say that was a proper way to judge the game as a whole.

The loot system just seems very un-fun from everything I've heard so far, and it seems to be getting worse rather than better. Of course, to be fair, I just want to play single-player anyway, so all the inconveniences this game sets up to make that more difficult also detract from its appeal.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

64. Re: EU Diablo III Patch Live; Repair Costs Draw Fire Jun 21, 2012, 19:09 AngelicPenguin

63. Re: EU Diablo III Patch Live; Repair Costs Draw Fire Jun 21, 2012, 16:56 AngelicPenguin

Creston wrote on Jun 21, 2012, 16:21:
Asmodai wrote on Jun 21, 2012, 03:14:
http://www.cad-comic.com/cad/

Read down, nuff said. Tim was a big voice for how good the game was before it came out, read his experience with his monk.

Sounds like an awesome game...

What baffles me is that Blizzard did the exact same thing in Diablo 2, so how the fuck were people not expecting them to do it in D3? In D2, they nerfed corpse explosion to utter worthlesness, which at the time totally fucked over my hardcore level 53 necromancer. And in D2, you couldn't "respec gear" to a different build to keep going. My 40ish hours that I had put in that necromancer were just FUCKED. I tried playing with him, and he couldn't stop a fucking goblin anymore.

Blizzard didn't give a shit, and this was before they had the sanctity of their precious RMAH to worry about. So why would they give a shit now?

People complaining about Blizzard nerfing shit into utter uselessness need to wake up and realize who they're fucking dealing with. Blizzard cares about your MONEYŚnot about you having fun.

Creston

I remember the uproar about that well. As I recall it scaled with number of players, so that it was super strong and they nerfed it to one player amounts. To be fair, it was waaaaaaaaaaaaay too strong

62. Re: EU Diablo III Patch Live; Repair Costs Draw Fire Jun 21, 2012, 16:21 Creston

Read down, nuff said. Tim was a big voice for how good the game was before it came out, read his experience with his monk.

What baffles me is that Blizzard did the exact same thing in Diablo 2, so how the fuck were people not expecting them to do it in D3? In D2, they nerfed corpse explosion to utter worthlesness, which at the time totally fucked over my hardcore level 53 necromancer. And in D2, you couldn't "respec gear" to a different build to keep going. My 40ish hours that I had put in that necromancer were just FUCKED. I tried playing with him, and he couldn't stop a fucking goblin anymore.

Blizzard didn't give a shit, and this was before they had the sanctity of their precious RMAH to worry about. So why would they give a shit now?

People complaining about Blizzard nerfing shit into utter uselessness need to wake up and realize who they're fucking dealing with. Blizzard cares about your MONEYŚnot about you having fun.

Creston

61. Re: EU Diablo III Patch Live; Repair Costs Draw Fire Jun 21, 2012, 14:49 Wowbagger_TIP

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

60. Re: EU Diablo III Patch Live; Repair Costs Draw Fire Jun 21, 2012, 11:30 Verno

Playing: Alien Isolation, 7 Days to Die, Dragon Age Origins
Watching: The Canal, Brazil, The Town That Dreaded Sundown

59. Re: EU Diablo III Patch Live; Repair Costs Draw Fire Jun 21, 2012, 11:02 AngelicPenguin

Verno wrote on Jun 21, 2012, 09:10:

Completed nightmare yesterday. A more fun than normal but still a bit boring. Is it normal to not get a single rare from bosses the entire playthrough? Getting one from elite packs but not from bosses.

Yeah that was Jay Wilson's brilliant inspiration. He overruled the design team and said that there should only be guaranteed rares the first time you kill a boss on Normal which is why you see blues on the other difficulties. Nothing like killing Hell Belial and getting 4 blues. In a way it is almost indicative of their design approach in general with this game. They have this absurd obsession with getting people to run packs, as if pack repetition itself is somehow better than boss runs.

58. Re: EU Diablo III Patch Live; Repair Costs Draw Fire Jun 21, 2012, 09:10 Verno

Completed nightmare yesterday. A more fun than normal but still a bit boring. Is it normal to not get a single rare from bosses the entire playthrough? Getting one from elite packs but not from bosses.

Yeah that was Jay Wilson's brilliant inspiration. He overruled the design team and said that there should only be guaranteed rares the first time you kill a boss on Normal which is why you see blues on the other difficulties. Nothing like killing Hell Belial and getting 4 blues. In a way it is almost indicative of their design approach in general with this game. They have this absurd obsession with getting people to run packs, as if pack repetition itself is somehow better than boss runs.

57. Re: EU Diablo III Patch Live; Repair Costs Draw Fire Jun 21, 2012, 08:56 nin

Good read there...blizz doesn't seem to grasp that players are sick of it's "relearn your class" antics ....

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

56. Re: EU Diablo III Patch Live; Repair Costs Draw Fire Jun 21, 2012, 08:53 DG

Some might remember me asking about my problems with elites. Literally not had a problem since posting, not sure what happened there though I did up my HP a bit which just gives that margin for a potion or more usually to get that kill and a health orb.

That said I have my suspicions the sudden massive HP loss is due to lag - playing during the day I'm teleporting quite a lot and seeing a half second delay between doing an attack and seeing it on screen. The HP still goes down quite fast but doesn't just disappear. I'm wondering if when I was playing in the evenings it just wasn't getting half of my commands, and I wasn't seeing damage being done until too late. Surprising though on a 20mb connection which usually gets ~20 ping on TF2.

Also I got a bit lucky with the AH and the patch. Logged in and what was now easily the best weapon on the AH for my level was buyout at 30k (didn't have ASI so prior to the patch it was well down the list). Gave my enchantress my old weap (also now pretty good as it didn't rely on ASI, and actually had decent int stat) and she's pretty effective now. Yesterday I'd done a fair bit of damage to an elite pack but had to run away and regen, came back and she'd finished them all off, clever girl.

Still looking for some depth to this game though. It doesn't feel like an RPG, it's just going through it collecting gold and buying better shit on the AH. Farmville has a lot more depth.

55. Re: EU Diablo III Patch Live; Repair Costs Draw Fire Jun 21, 2012, 08:48 Verno

Yeah I have similar frustrations to that guy. My DH feels way too slow paced now. I really enjoyed the glass cannon DH stuff, you did great damage but you were always riding the edge and close to death. It was a fun balancing act and they really ruined it at the upper levels of play IMO. Poorly thought out things too - nerf Nether Tentacles multi-hit (a skill you wait the whole game to get) but don't give it any other utility or buffing. Nerfing IAS that hard was just dumb, people were expecting even up to 25% but 50% is just silly and a gross overreaction.

No one else in my crowd was around last night so I messed around on my Monk for awhile. Like the author says it feels like there is only one real build that works in Inferno and that sort of tank build is better suited to Barb play, their offensive/defensive stuff has better synergy. In fact this seems to be a problem with every class, the idea of the rune/skill system goes out the window when most of your abilities simply don't cut it for Inferno.

He makes some good points about the lack of real testing too, how do you launch with a stat that is supposedly 50% too powerful? What's the point of magic find anymore? The responses from the devs on the forums last night were arrogant and clueless, they don't seem to understand why these things are pissing people off. I don't know, I'm pretty close to being done. Part of my just wants to cash out and move on but I try to be optimistic and hope that they will stop it with this WoW style tinker/nerf design crap.

54. Re: EU Diablo III Patch Live; Repair Costs Draw Fire Jun 21, 2012, 07:22 Dades

Good link, he used to be one of the games biggest supporters so that's pretty nuts.  

53. Re: EU Diablo III Patch Live; Repair Costs Draw Fire Jun 21, 2012, 03:14 Asmodai

52. Re: EU Diablo III Patch Live; Repair Costs Draw Fire Jun 21, 2012, 00:15 xXBatmanXx

Sepharo wrote on Jun 20, 2012, 23:59:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Jun 20, 2012, 22:27:
Sepharo wrote on Jun 20, 2012, 21:27:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Jun 20, 2012, 16:40:
<Diablo 2 launch issues>
I know you're all tired of hearing this but... The major difference of course is that you didn't have to play online with D2. Multiple patches and a couple of days of downtime? I didn't even know about it... Just happily played SP. Also the patches for D2 weren't made for the benefit of the "economy".

Blizzard could've seriously dulled these D3 complaints with a proper offline SP.

I disagree. THis is Bluesnews - and it is 2012.....

I didn't mean the Blue's complaints specifically. I meant instead of 100% of the player base complaining (being affected) you'd only have those who play MP and are serious about it (not willing to play SP for a few days).

i kiiid....i kiiiid.....

Also feels like they adjusted loot tables - as I am getting almost ONLY things associated with the WD - which is not normal. So maybe they are granting stuff at a higher % for your class you are currently playing? I dunno...maybe just koinkidink.

/ok...now wtf. I am in the "Caverns of Frist", got 2 levels (never happened) 6 chests and a respledid chest with 2 trasure goblins? WTF!? Did they adjust all of that to make up for the lack of destructo gold?

This comment was edited on Jun 21, 2012, 00:21.

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

51. Re: EU Diablo III Patch Live; Repair Costs Draw Fire Jun 21, 2012, 00:02 Muscular Beaver

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jun 20, 2012, 23:53:
Wow. Usually find a few treasure golbins per hour. Playing solo, found 1 in 3 hours! Ouch. Anyone else have a similar experience?

Yes. I havent found one since the patch, because I %ž@#ing quit this #*%&ing game!

Oh that is so lame... You will PAY for your use of inappropriate dialogue!
- Mojo Jojo

50. Re: EU Diablo III Patch Live; Repair Costs Draw Fire Jun 20, 2012, 23:59 Sepharo

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jun 20, 2012, 22:27:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Jun 20, 2012, 16:40:
<Diablo 2 launch issues>
I know you're all tired of hearing this but... The major difference of course is that you didn't have to play online with D2. Multiple patches and a couple of days of downtime? I didn't even know about it... Just happily played SP. Also the patches for D2 weren't made for the benefit of the "economy".

Blizzard could've seriously dulled these D3 complaints with a proper offline SP.

I disagree. THis is Bluesnews - and it is 2012.....

I didn't mean the Blue's complaints specifically. I meant instead of 100% of the player base complaining (being affected) you'd only have those who play MP and are serious about it (not willing to play SP for a few days).

49. Re: EU Diablo III Patch Live; Repair Costs Draw Fire Jun 20, 2012, 23:53 xXBatmanXx

Wow. Usually find a few treasure golbins per hour. Playing solo, found 1 in 3 hours! Ouch. Anyone else have a similar experience?  

48. Re: EU Diablo III Patch Live; Repair Costs Draw Fire Jun 20, 2012, 22:53 Dades

If you didn't like a change you could just stay at whatever patch revision you were happy with too. You could even play open battle.net with people using that patch revision. It was a great setup that catered to the most interests. There were and still are hundreds of games with singleplayer mode functionality released all the time so I never bought their modernization reasoning. Having just one mode of functionality is more of a backwards step than two.

67 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo