Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

MechWarrior Online Founders Packages on Sale

As expected, MechWarrior Online Founders Packages are now on sale. The game is free-to-play, but each of the three packages includes in-game currency. Here are the three levels of participation:

$120 LEGENDARY Founder's Package Includes:

• All 4 exclusive “Founder's BattleMechs.” These Mechs include a lifetime, per-match C-Bill booster.
• $80 value of in-game currency* for in-game item purchases.
• Three-month premium account to MechWarrior Online at launch: Earn XP & C-Bills faster.
• Founder's Tag - sets your status apart from the crowd & get noticed in-game and on the forums.
• Game credits – The player’s name included as one of the “Legendary” in the MechWarrior Online game credits.
• Early access to the game along with Founder's assets availability starts August 7th.

$60 ELITE Founder's Package Includes:

• One exclusive custom “Founder's BattleMech.” This Mech includes a lifetime, per-match C-Bill booster.
• $80 value of in-game currency* for in-game item purchases.
• Two-month premium account to MechWarrior Online at launch: Earn XP & C-Bills faster.
• Founder's Tag - sets your status apart from the crowd & get noticed in-game and on the forums.
• Early access to the game along with Founder's assets availability starts August 7th.

$30 VETERAN Founder's Package Includes:

• $40 value of in-game currency* for in-game item purchases.
• One-month premium account to MechWarrior Online at launch: Earn XP & C-Bills faster.
• Early access to the game along with Founder’s assets availability starts August 7th.

View
48 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

8. Re: MechWarrior Online Founders Packages on Sale Jun 19, 2012, 21:54 deqer

FAIL  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: MechWarrior Online Founders Packages on Sale Jun 19, 2012, 21:29 Turglar

I was excited about this game, but the more info that comes out about the business model the more it sounds like world of tanks, which is not a good thing.  

6. Re: MechWarrior Online Founders Packages on Sale Jun 19, 2012, 21:22 Orogogus

eunichron wrote on Jun 19, 2012, 21:14:
The part that gets me is;

Three-month premium account to MechWarrior Online at launch: Earn XP & C-Bills faster.

"Premium" status should be permanently given to all players that choose to pay, like VIP status in Tribes: Ascend, and there shouldn't be anything that artificially increases in-game rewards (C-Bills, I'm assuming).

I'm pretty sure the premium status is copied from World of Tanks, where it boosts the rate at which you accumulate credits. I think you can also buy premium status in-game without spending real money, but not having played the game I don't know the details. (EDIT: That's referring to World of Tanks, not MWO)

5. Re: MechWarrior Online Founders Packages on Sale Jun 19, 2012, 21:14 Bet

This is depressing. Pay to win by definition. Just...damn.  

4. Re: MechWarrior Online Founders Packages on Sale Jun 19, 2012, 21:14 eunichron

The part that gets me is;

Three-month premium account to MechWarrior Online at launch: Earn XP & C-Bills faster.

"Premium" status should be permanently given to all players that choose to pay, like VIP status in Tribes: Ascend, and there shouldn't be anything that artificially increases in-game rewards (C-Bills, I'm assuming).

$120 for 4 bonus mechs? At the very least it should have been 1>2>4 mechs for each package. And no real bonus to speak of for anyone that drops $30? That's just ridiculous. As much as I'm looking forward to this game this is upsetting if it is the path they plan on following.

3. Re: MechWarrior Online Founders Packages on Sale Jun 19, 2012, 21:07 The Half Elf

Drop Legendary to 50 bucks Elite to 40 bucks and leave vet at 30 and you'd have a deal, but so far I'm really not overly convinced with Mechwarrior Online.  

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

2. Re: MechWarrior Online Founders Packages on Sale Jun 19, 2012, 21:04 Darks

CJ_Parker wrote on Jun 19, 2012, 20:36:
OMFG... MMO rip-off lameness just hit a new all-time low

My thoughts exactly. i saw this and laughed.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Modules.Detail&id=6375

1. Re: MechWarrior Online Founders Packages on Sale Jun 19, 2012, 20:36 CJ_Parker

OMFG... MMO rip-off lameness just hit a new all-time low  

48 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo