Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

MechWarrior Online Founders Packages on Sale

As expected, MechWarrior Online Founders Packages are now on sale. The game is free-to-play, but each of the three packages includes in-game currency. Here are the three levels of participation:

$120 LEGENDARY Founder's Package Includes:

• All 4 exclusive “Founder's BattleMechs.” These Mechs include a lifetime, per-match C-Bill booster.
• $80 value of in-game currency* for in-game item purchases.
• Three-month premium account to MechWarrior Online at launch: Earn XP & C-Bills faster.
• Founder's Tag - sets your status apart from the crowd & get noticed in-game and on the forums.
• Game credits – The player’s name included as one of the “Legendary” in the MechWarrior Online game credits.
• Early access to the game along with Founder's assets availability starts August 7th.

$60 ELITE Founder's Package Includes:

• One exclusive custom “Founder's BattleMech.” This Mech includes a lifetime, per-match C-Bill booster.
• $80 value of in-game currency* for in-game item purchases.
• Two-month premium account to MechWarrior Online at launch: Earn XP & C-Bills faster.
• Founder's Tag - sets your status apart from the crowd & get noticed in-game and on the forums.
• Early access to the game along with Founder's assets availability starts August 7th.

$30 VETERAN Founder's Package Includes:

• $40 value of in-game currency* for in-game item purchases.
• One-month premium account to MechWarrior Online at launch: Earn XP & C-Bills faster.
• Early access to the game along with Founder’s assets availability starts August 7th.

View
48 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

28. Re: MechWarrior Online Founders Packages on Sale Jun 20, 2012, 01:22 Orogogus

I think it's pretty obvious that C-bills are the currency, meaning that it speeds up the grind, not that your lasers do extra damage or something.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

27. Re: MechWarrior Online Founders Packages on Sale Jun 20, 2012, 01:18 Vex

RollinThundr wrote on Jun 20, 2012, 00:33:
Tumbler wrote on Jun 20, 2012, 00:05:
Will be interesting to try this. I guess they have to charge for something... World of Tanks was fun in the lower levels but as I moved up into the higher tiers things quickly got lop sided and I felt like way too many tanks were just laughing at my shots. I was a fucking tank destroyer for christs sake and I was trying to find tanks weak enough for me to even stand a chance. Most of the time I had to wait for someone else to fire so that I wouldn't be one shot killed the instant I fired on someone. Maybe I just picked the wrong army track to follow or something.

I hope they keep things balanced, I'm fine with exclusive mechs as long as they're not simply better in every respect. Time will tell.

The founder mechs are cosmetic and nothing else just an fyi.

Wrong.

"All 4 exclusive “Founder's BattleMechs.” These Mechs include a lifetime, per-match C-Bill booster."

I don't know what the fuck a C-Bill is but I'm sure it helps you kill shit better.

26. Re: MechWarrior Online Founders Packages on Sale Jun 20, 2012, 00:33 RollinThundr

Tumbler wrote on Jun 20, 2012, 00:05:
Will be interesting to try this. I guess they have to charge for something... World of Tanks was fun in the lower levels but as I moved up into the higher tiers things quickly got lop sided and I felt like way too many tanks were just laughing at my shots. I was a fucking tank destroyer for christs sake and I was trying to find tanks weak enough for me to even stand a chance. Most of the time I had to wait for someone else to fire so that I wouldn't be one shot killed the instant I fired on someone. Maybe I just picked the wrong army track to follow or something.

I hope they keep things balanced, I'm fine with exclusive mechs as long as they're not simply better in every respect. Time will tell.

The founder mechs are cosmetic and nothing else just an fyi.

25. Re: MechWarrior Online Founders Packages on Sale Jun 20, 2012, 00:07 DangerDog

Microsoft obviously isn't happy about EA winning that worst company ever award.  

24. Re: MechWarrior Online Founders Packages on Sale Jun 20, 2012, 00:05 Tumbler

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

23. Re: MechWarrior Online Founders Packages on Sale Jun 19, 2012, 23:53 Orogogus

Kastagir wrote on Jun 19, 2012, 23:06:
How much do I have to pay for a SP campaign? That's the only option I'm interested in. This looks like a ridiculous attempt to prey upon the anticipation of gullible gamers. $120 to get your name in the credits? Puh-LEEZE.

It looks like an alternative to a kickstarter, a way to make some money from the people who always talk big about how they'd pay X hundred/thousand dollars to get game Y. There are a lot of people who do want a multiplayer 'Mech game, as the player-created online leagues for the Mechwarrior games were pretty complex affairs with a lot of online scripting and automation.

22. Re: MechWarrior Online Founders Packages on Sale Jun 19, 2012, 23:51 Orogogus

Eirikrautha wrote on Jun 19, 2012, 23:03:
TychoCelchuuu wrote on Jun 19, 2012, 22:43:
Have fun not playing while the rest of us play for free..."

Errr, you mean "have fun not playing while the rest of us lose for free." Do you seriously think that you'll be anything other than cannon-fodder compared to those that P2W? Nothing like abject frustration to encourage me to throw money at a game </sarcasm>. But then, I guess I'm not a sheep... Wall

As noted, this game looks like it's based heavily on World of Tanks, and complaints with that game usually have to do with lack of mission variety, and not about leveling up slower than people who paid money. Everyone levels up just by playing, and from all accounts the overwhelming majority of people never buy in.

Also, people prognosticating about how the game would have made quadrillions of dollars as a standard retail package are ridiculous. Publishers didn't stop funding Mechwarrior, Starsiege, Heavy Gear and so on because they were just making too much money, so much money that people were getting crushed by giant sacks of money that just kept falling through the ceiling and in the windows. Freespace 2, a best of class game in a related genre, is said to have sold about 30K copies before GOG picked it up. There is such thing as a niche genre.

21. Re: MechWarrior Online Founders Packages on Sale Jun 19, 2012, 23:26 Trevellian

I cannot confirm or deny whether or not I may be in some sort of test for this game.

But it plays like Mechwarrior Lite. Feels floaty even though the mechs way tons. It's also really impossible to tell if you're damaging an enemy mech.

I was excited for this game. Not so much anymore.

I'm becoming as cynical and jaded with the gaming industry as Cutter, it hurts.

This comment was edited on Jun 19, 2012, 23:33.

For the Republic
-C22 Waterson of Planetside 2

20. Re: MechWarrior Online Founders Packages on Sale Jun 19, 2012, 23:21 Cutter

I don't get what everyone is so mad about but whatever. Have fun not playing while the rest of us play for free or pay for a bunch of extra stuff and all that. Just saw an estimate that they've made about $888,000 so far selling this stuff, so I'm sure they're not worried about having "fucked it up bigtime."

Hrm, and things like CoD make a billion dollars in 16 days. Yeah, I can see where a million bucks is something to shoot for.

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

19. Re: MechWarrior Online Founders Packages on Sale Jun 19, 2012, 23:06 Kastagir

How much do I have to pay for a SP campaign? That's the only option I'm interested in. This looks like a ridiculous attempt to prey upon the anticipation of gullible gamers. $120 to get your name in the credits? Puh-LEEZE.  

18. Re: MechWarrior Online Founders Packages on Sale Jun 19, 2012, 23:03 Eirikrautha

Have fun not playing while the rest of us play for free..."

Errr, you mean "have fun not playing while the rest of us lose for free." Do you seriously think that you'll be anything other than cannon-fodder compared to those that P2W? Nothing like abject frustration to encourage me to throw money at a game </sarcasm>. But then, I guess I'm not a sheep... Wall

17. Re: MechWarrior Online Founders Packages on Sale Jun 19, 2012, 22:58 RollinThundr

Cutter wrote on Jun 19, 2012, 22:39:
Well, the excitement is over. Now, just imagine if they had made this a normal game. Fifty bucks, solid SP campaign and MP. They'd have made a mint. This shit, however, will not fly. They fucked it up bigtime.

They tried that, none of the publishers wanted to take a risk. Personally I think it's better than never getting a Mechwarrior game again but eh whatever.

16. Re: MechWarrior Online Founders Packages on Sale Jun 19, 2012, 22:57 RollinThundr

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jun 19, 2012, 22:31:
No thanks. I am ready for this F2P shit to die.

No different then spending on the RMAH. Just saying.

15. Re: MechWarrior Online Founders Packages on Sale Jun 19, 2012, 22:55 Sempai

Wow, looks like it's Pay to Win.

How can we nickel and dime our customers more?

No sale.

14. Re: MechWarrior Online Founders Packages on Sale Jun 19, 2012, 22:43 TychoCelchuuu

I don't get what everyone is so mad about but whatever. Have fun not playing while the rest of us play for free or pay for a bunch of extra stuff and all that. Just saw an estimate that they've made about $888,000 so far selling this stuff, so I'm sure they're not worried about having "fucked it up bigtime."  

13. Re: MechWarrior Online Founders Packages on Sale Jun 19, 2012, 22:39 Cutter

Well, the excitement is over. Now, just imagine if they had made this a normal game. Fifty bucks, solid SP campaign and MP. They'd have made a mint. This shit, however, will not fly. They fucked it up bigtime.

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

12. Re: MechWarrior Online Founders Packages on Sale Jun 19, 2012, 22:31 xXBatmanXx

No thanks. I am ready for this F2P shit to die.  

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

11. Re: MechWarrior Online Founders Packages on Sale Jun 19, 2012, 22:25 bhcompy

I'm conflicted. I like MechWarrior, but Hawken looks like the mech game to play.  

10. Re: MechWarrior Online Founders Packages on Sale Jun 19, 2012, 22:20 Keith

While it is certainly more expensive than I would like, I can't say I am surprised or dissapointed. Every game has to have a business model. That's how they pay for development, upkeep, continued support, etc., etc. Why would that surprise anyone? I see this compared to World of Tanks, a game that I have happily sunk money and time into. If you like tanks and shooting others while driving them, it has a visceral feel that is second to none, in my opinion. While I probably won't be shellacking out the $120 for all 4 premium 'Mechs, I will probably kick in for the $60 Elite package. Assuming I get a few years worth of play out of MW:O, I figure that's what, less than .20 cents a day? Pshh. Plus I get to stomp shit in my customized Atlas?? Hell yeah.  

9. Re: MechWarrior Online Founders Packages on Sale Jun 19, 2012, 22:07 Yifes

Anyone actually played the game? The videos look cool, but I don't have much faith based on Piranha Games' track record.  

48 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo