Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Penny Arcade 3 Trailer

A new trailer from Penny Arcade's On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness 3 shows off more of the upcoming third installment in the adventure game series based on the webcomic. The clip shows off some state-of-the-art 16-bit graphics accompanied by a soothing midi soundtrack (AdLib compatible sound board required). Thanks VG247.

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: Penny Arcade 3 Trailer Jun 19, 2012, 19:32 Siygess

Likewise, I'll miss the art style which was certainly a big draw for me when it came to the previous two. But what saddens me the most is that EP3 seems to lack a player-created character.

I guess he or she finally found a new place to live. A place without leaves to rake.

Edit: Must stop typing in the dark

This comment was edited on Jun 19, 2012, 19:39.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Penny Arcade 3 Trailer Jun 19, 2012, 19:15 NKD

Creston wrote on Jun 19, 2012, 11:34:
Adlib compatible? Holy crap, not everyone is as state of the art as you, Penny Arcade! Where's the love for us Soundblaster users?

Joking aside, I LOVE how it looks exactly like FF3.

Creston

Yeah it's easy to tell what games sprites their artists used as a starting point LOL.

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

6. Re: Penny Arcade 3 Trailer Jun 19, 2012, 17:55 Wowbagger_TIP

I liked the first two, mostly for the humor. I'll definitely be getting this one as well. Love all the cameos from the strip characters  

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

5. Re: Penny Arcade 3 Trailer Jun 19, 2012, 13:19 nin

MattyC wrote on Jun 19, 2012, 12:31:
The 16 bit version of this guy cracked me up I am sad that they abandoned the visual style of the first two. I really liked it. That said, this style obviously has a charm of its own.

I was wondering who that character was, in the trailer...too funny!

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

4. Re: Penny Arcade 3 Trailer Jun 19, 2012, 12:55 ViRGE

I enjoyed episodes 1 and 2, but I have to admit that episode 3 just isn't doing it for me. The 16bit graphics and gameplay is a bad downgrade.  

3. Re: Penny Arcade 3 Trailer Jun 19, 2012, 12:31 MattyC

The 16 bit version of this guy cracked me up I am sad that they abandoned the visual style of the first two. I really liked it. That said, this style obviously has a charm of its own.  

2. Re: Penny Arcade 3 Trailer Jun 19, 2012, 11:54 nin

Kudos for the 16 bit Fruit Fucker at the end...

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

1. Re: Penny Arcade 3 Trailer Jun 19, 2012, 11:34 Creston

Adlib compatible? Holy crap, not everyone is as state of the art as you, Penny Arcade! Where's the love for us Soundblaster users?

Joking aside, I LOVE how it looks exactly like FF3.

Creston

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo