Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

RAGE DLC Plans?

The Pan European Game Information Website (PEGI) now offers age guidelines for Rage: The Scorchers, which sounds like it may be DLC for id Software's latest first-person shooter. This is listed as coming from ZeniMax Europe Limited/Bethesda Softworks Europe, and all it says is: "The content of this game is suitable for persons aged 18 years and over only. It contains: Extreme violence - Strong language This game allows the player to interact with other players ONLINE." There is also a June 14th, 2012 release date, which is obviously not accurate. Thanks Siliconera.

View
37 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

37. Re: RAGE DLC Plans? Jun 20, 2012, 15:54 Mad Max RW

Aaaaaaaand the PEGI page for "Rage: The Scorchers" is gone.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

36. Re: RAGE DLC Plans? Jun 20, 2012, 12:37 Quinn

Horrible game. Horrible graphics. Horrible atmosphere. Horrible everything. Horrible I ever played it.  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

35. Re: RAGE DLC Plans? Jun 20, 2012, 07:46 Pankin

Jim wrote on Jun 19, 2012, 13:26:
I never played Rage, mainly because I didn't have a PC that would handle it at the time it came out, but then I simply forgot it existed.

I then heard it wasn't all that great (maybe it was better than Duke Nukem Forever, I didn't play that one either) and decided not to bother.

It is ironic that I started coming to Blues News way back in the day because this site was dedicated to ONE (and only ONE) anticipated game release by id Software, now they don't even make waves in the industry they created.

Excellent point. Yeah, that is weird. Oh how the mighty have fallen, eh? (I mean id, not Blue).

34. Re: RAGE DLC Plans? Jun 20, 2012, 06:42 Agrajag

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jun 19, 2012, 11:48:
I must be the only one here who enjoyed the game. oh well. I didn't expect anything ground breaking or new, just a good game, which is what I got.

I liked the game a lot... I just hated that piss-poor excuse for an ending! And, the fact that you couldn't go back into the wasteland to just screw around after finishing the game... But, right up until that abrupt "Ok, that's it!" ending, I was enjoying the hell out of the game... I'll certainly check out any DLC they release...

33. Re: RAGE DLC Plans? Jun 19, 2012, 20:32 dumpy

Except for the optional mini-games RAGE was fun, which is exactly what a GAME should be. Graphics were pretty disappointing, as was the AI. Weapons and weapon sounds were awesome, and some of the level design was really cool - city shopping centre caked with bug excrement and infested with giant insectoids! The whole game just finished so abruptly, and the ending didn't leave me wanting more. It was overall a very "meh" experience.  

32. Re: RAGE DLC Plans? Jun 19, 2012, 19:46 ColoradoHoudini

100% honest, I had no idea this game had come out. I am a gamer through and through, but this game made such little impact, I never knew it had actually come out.

31. Re: RAGE DLC Plans? Jun 19, 2012, 18:03 JediPunisher

I feel sorry for those who didn't finish Rage, which continued after the credits rolled...
The big boss fight at the end was brutal! Wtf

30. Re: RAGE DLC Plans? Jun 19, 2012, 17:49 Tanto Edge

Hey maybe this will add the ability to go on rooftops where enemies I just killed drop their ammo.  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=705LEH3j2g0&t=0m24s
http://www.youtube.com/user/tantoedge

29. Re: RAGE DLC Plans? Jun 19, 2012, 16:35 Elricsi

Bought Rage on pre-order but only getting around to really playing it now and am having a blast.

Wall textures look like ass, sure, but characters and vehicles are nice. Also, since I got the everything included edition I get the sewer levels and really enjoy those too. Good loot down there.

Any DLC I will buy immediately, and would really like at least one new vehicle (like a preserved American muscle car that is discovered or something.)

28. Re: RAGE DLC Plans? Jun 19, 2012, 16:30 Beamer

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Jun 19, 2012, 15:48:
Jedi Master wrote on Jun 19, 2012, 15:10:
FWIW, despite a lot of negative press about its textures, I thought Crysis 2 had Rage beat in the visuals department, and I'm not running 64-bit and couldn't install the big upgraded texture pack.
Absolutely. It's not even close. Here is RAGE up-close (that's at maximum settings); here is Crysis 2.

Beamer wrote on Jun 19, 2012, 15:34:
I've never seen UE3 have issues during play, like I've seen in Rage videos (ie texture streaming every time someone turns a head.)

I don't think it's even comparable. And yes, UE3 still gets ragged on constantly for that.
Not during play but UT3 had particularly bad texturing streaming on first load.

I still maintain that nearly every game has bad texture streaming on first load, but yeah, UE3 is particularly notable.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

27. Re: RAGE DLC Plans? Jun 19, 2012, 15:48 theyarecomingforyou

Jedi Master wrote on Jun 19, 2012, 15:10:
FWIW, despite a lot of negative press about its textures, I thought Crysis 2 had Rage beat in the visuals department, and I'm not running 64-bit and couldn't install the big upgraded texture pack.
Absolutely. It's not even close. Here is RAGE up-close (that's at maximum settings); here is Crysis 2.

Beamer wrote on Jun 19, 2012, 15:34:
I've never seen UE3 have issues during play, like I've seen in Rage videos (ie texture streaming every time someone turns a head.)

I don't think it's even comparable. And yes, UE3 still gets ragged on constantly for that.
Not during play but UT3 had particularly bad texturing streaming on first load.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou

26. Re: RAGE DLC Plans? Jun 19, 2012, 15:34 Beamer

Creston wrote on Jun 19, 2012, 15:00:
Razumen wrote on Jun 19, 2012, 14:11:
Funny how everyone complains about the texture streaming, when I've seen soooooo many other Unreal engine games that suffer from the same issue, even on PC. Talk about selective criticism.

Yes, because no one has EVER complained about the Unreal Engine's texture pop-in issues. Rolleyes

If you want to try to make a clever point, at least make sure that the point is actually valid.

Creston

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

25. Re: RAGE DLC Plans? Jun 19, 2012, 15:11 netnerd85

Hope it's true. Can't wait to play some more RAGE, bring on the mod tools.  

24. Re: RAGE DLC Plans? Jun 19, 2012, 15:10 Jedi Master

I'd say UE3's issues are only at loading. I noticed it in Bioshock 2 and ME3 (PC versions) when a level first loaded, but after that I pretty much never saw it again until the level ended and the next loaded.
Rage it was there every time you went a few hundred feet, and the better texture "fix" was worse the problem to begin with as it mitigated it a bit in return for a massive performance hit and it was more like "noisy texture on top of low-res".

23. Re: RAGE DLC Plans? Jun 19, 2012, 15:08 Razumen

Creston wrote on Jun 19, 2012, 15:00:
Funny how everyone complains about the texture streaming, when I've seen soooooo many other Unreal engine games that suffer from the same issue, even on PC. Talk about selective criticism.

Yes, because no one has EVER complained about the Unreal Engine's texture pop-in issues. Rolleyes

If you want to try to make a clever point, at least make sure that the point is actually valid.

Except I've heard a lot of people make it seem like Rage was the first engine to have that issue, which is clearly not the case.
Creston

22. Re: RAGE DLC Plans? Jun 19, 2012, 15:00 Creston

Creston

21. Re: RAGE DLC Plans? Jun 19, 2012, 15:00 MajorD

nin wrote on Jun 19, 2012, 14:36:
MajorD wrote on Jun 19, 2012, 14:33:

Actually, I never noticed pop-in textures in any Unreal engines all that much; maybe because it wasn't as blatant as it is in RAGE.

And frankly, while the time may have passed now, I used to expect better out of id.

Yeah, I guess that is why it is so frustrating and disheartening.

20. Re: RAGE DLC Plans? Jun 19, 2012, 14:36 nin

MajorD wrote on Jun 19, 2012, 14:33:

Actually, I never noticed pop-in textures in any Unreal engines all that much; maybe because it wasn't as blatant as it is in RAGE.

And frankly, while the time may have passed now, I used to expect better out of id.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

19. Re: RAGE DLC Plans? Jun 19, 2012, 14:34 Verno

The UE texture pop-in was really apparent on console versions of most games, maybe that's what he meant? I rarely notice it at all on the PC side of things.  

Playing: Everquest Next Alpha, Diablo 3, Bravely Default
Watching: Evidence, Longmire, Chained

18. Re: RAGE DLC Plans? Jun 19, 2012, 14:33 MajorD

37 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo